Page 173 of 301 FirstFirst ... 73 123 163 171 172 173 174 175 183 223 273 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,460 of 6001

Thread: Naruto Discussion!

Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

Alas, poor Asuma. I knew him... In America.
    Avatar provided by Ferntree on DeviantArt.

Quote Originally Posted by yokaiforte
    Hell yeah indeed you did.

It was sad, but it didn't really invoke any emotion from me.... maybe because this was seen coming from about 20 chapters away. Maybe if he had been a larger part of the storyline from when we first met him, I'd feel worse about his death.

Quote Originally Posted by taboo
    It was sad, but it didn't really invoke any emotion from me.... maybe because this was seen coming from about 20 chapters away. Maybe if he had been a larger part of the storyline from when we first met him, I'd feel worse about his death.
    Yeah good point. I just think it was to sudden to be just thrown out there and then that's it. But they are ninjas, so I guess its reasonable but I'm not really sure since it's a shonen too.

Yeah, I guess all I can really say is...
    Spoiler:
    ...it seems kind of sad when I feel more loss over a certain 'boat' than I do over a living character. =/

Other than that, not much to this chapter really.

Now back to Akatsuki!! \o.o/

Quote Originally Posted by yokaiforte
    First the Going Merry,now Asuma died well the flashblacks cheer me up

I'm sorry but I don't know how I'm suppose to feel sad about a secondary character that barely got any screen time other than the occasional 10-panel fight.

The only good thing about this chapter was Ino-chan!!!!!! Although it was strange how the flashbacks had her with her new hairstyle while everyone else still looked the same.

This was a decent chapter, Asuma's death didn't touch me, but Shikamaru smoking a cigarette in the rain was pretty sad. I hope Shikamaru starts smoking all the time. :P

I'm really disapointed that yet another Akatsuki pair escaped, how many have been killed in some eighty chapters? One, and he was replaced. I think someone needs to go shoot a couple of Akatsuki members in the head.

Im not sad for Asuma dying, he was a decent background character and had potential to be a great character. Kishie make good characters at first than he doesnt really know what to do with them. Most of his characters have potential to be great but he just not a good story teller.

I am sad for team shika. They were very close to Asuma and seeing the pain and hurt on there faces suck. But they are ninja and ninjas die all the time in this world.

What do you guys think Asuma told Shika at the end? I think he told him that Kurenai is pregneant or something and that was his personal king the baby.

It kinda bothers me that even though Asuma was one of the coolest character in Naruto, his death has less impact on the overall story compared to Going Merry's death. Something's wrong here.

I wouldnt say it had less impact, well nevermind, I guess that would include the "dying" part as well. Since the whole ussop and luffy thing happend because of that and the whole new boat thing.

It would just be a little mourning for this but the show still goes on. They objective still havent changed. It will just set up a later fight for when team ino,shika and chouji face hidan or kazuku.

If you ask me, neither Asuma or Merry's death had any impact on me. One was killed for no reason other than "I'm not afraid to kill my characters", the other is a stupid inanimate object that somehow talked before dying. Seemed like Oda was thinking "I'm not afraid to kill my characters either, so Merry it is." The deaths were both equally stupid IMO

Brawl FC: 3823 8204 8139

Quote Originally Posted by gaara d. lucci
    If you ask me, neither Asuma or Merry's death had any impact on me. One was killed for no reason other than "I'm not afraid to kill my characters", the other is a stupid inanimate object that somehow talked before dying. Seemed like Oda was thinking "I'm not afraid to kill my characters either, so Merry it is." The deaths were both equally stupid IMO
    I agree. Nothing comparable to what we've seen in Death Note, it's all very mild.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldrich
    I agree. Nothing comparable to what we've seen in Death Note, it's all very mild.
    Yeah, I agree too. Death Note definitely outdoes both series by a long shot.

I kinda gave up one DN after 61 or so, but at that time the only death worth anything was L's anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by gaara d. lucci
    Seemed like Oda was thinking "I'm not afraid to kill my characters either, so Merry it is." The deaths were both equally stupid IMO
    While I didn't find it moving, I disagree about Oda. He'd been planning it and we'd known forever. Besides that, it was actually essential to the plot, given that it's been their home and mode of travel almost since the beginning.

So I just read 328, and of course I feel the same as everyone else. Asuma's last words to Choji, the general "you're a good ninja" talk says it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Franky
    Bad move, bub!

Yeah, I feel the same way. I didn't cry over Merry's death, but i certainly don't find it to be insignificant, since the death, as Bucc said, actually MEANS something to the plot, and we've known about it for a while (I just looked it up, OVER 100 CHAPTERS ago Kaku said Merry couldn't sail anymore, wow, can't believe it's been that long), as opposed to Asuma's 10 chapters (if that). And let's face it, Asuma is more or less a bit character. It's like I said, the equivalent or Gaimon or Boodle showing up and saying they're going to die in 5 chapters.

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer
    I kinda gave up one DN after 61 or so, but at that time the only death worth anything was L's anyway.
    There are a few other notable deaths in the second arc.

Hopefully Kishimoto will make something of Asuma's death, and Team 10 won't just fade into the background again. Of course, I still do want to know what the hell's going on with Naruto(even if it's still the same old training crap). While I hate it when villains never die, I really don't want anything to happen to Hidan and Kakuzu. They're the best thing to happen to Naruto in a while. I'm assuming the mean to come back and finish up their battle soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Carter
    Yeah, I feel the same way. I didn't cry over Merry's death, but i certainly don't find it to be insignificant, since the death, as Bucc said, actually MEANS something to the plot, and we've known about it for a while (I just looked it up, OVER 100 CHAPTERS ago Kaku said Merry couldn't sail anymore, wow, can't believe it's been that long), as opposed to Asuma's 10 chapters (if that). And let's face it, Asuma is more or less a bit character. It's like I said, the equivalent or Gaimon or Boodle showing up and saying they're going to die in 5 chapters.
    Indeed. The foreshadowing could be traced all the way back to Skypiea when Usopp saw the Klaubatermann spirit.
    Avatar provided by Ferntree on DeviantArt.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerfly
    T I really don't want anything to happen to Hidan and Kakuzu. They're the best thing to happen to Naruto in a while. I'm assuming the mean to come back and finish up their battle soon.
    Really? I want them dead and splattered on some wall just like all of the Akatsuki. After a good fight of course probably involving brand new jutsus.

What a dream. So not gonna happen.
    He spent fifteen years getting loaded | Fifteen years 'till his liver exploded | Now what's Bob gonna do now that he can't drink? |

Hidan and Kakuzu are a huge part of what little bit I enjoy of Naruto. I was seriosuly bored with the series before they appeared. They are just amusing in everything they do. I hope they stick around for just a little bit longer. If they were to die now, I'd probably end up bored again until Rock Lee shows up in the storyline once more.

Thread Information