Page 159 of 301 FirstFirst ... 59 109 149 157 158 159 160 161 169 209 259 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,180 of 6001

Thread: Naruto Discussion!

Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

Hmm, I had heard from somebody that the fillers end at 200. Was that wrong then?

Yeah. That's wrong.
    Avatar provided by Ferntree on DeviantArt.

Not all of the fillers are that bad really. For example, the Raiga arc is one of my favorites in the whole series, including canon stuff. But yeah, we need to get away from all these damn fillers. There's a lot to work with Pierrot, step on it!
    "I know I shouldn't cry over spilt tea, but...*sniff*...it's just so sad!" -Iroh

"Hold on guys, I think I'm a moron." -me

Yeah, the fillers with Lee in em are pretty good. The one where he and Gai both open the gates was pretty intense (I even got a little teary eyed), even if it started out super lame. The one with Afro Gai was hilarious too.

someone liked the Curry of Life....................0.o

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Something I can never understand is why people bash the fillers. I mean, look at the alternative; we go into Naruto II with,

1. 30% chakra
    2. Biiig Rasengan
    3. Naruto Pervert
    4. Sakura & Chiyo v. Sasori
    5. Deidara in THE NEXT DIMENSION
    6. Emo/wangst
    7. Sai, the nin with "no emotions"
    8. The worthless Naruto v. Orochimaru ("hernia fight")
    9. Sakura acting useless again
    10. Still no Chouji/Shino/Kiba/Hinata/Ino/Shikamaru/Lee/Neiji/Tenten
    11. Sasuke the gay pirate ninja

And above all, Kishimoto wants to put romance into this series. The fudge? With all this angst floating around? At least the fillers are light-hearted and we see a shuffle of the "minor" characters, not to mention ninja doing missions (which was the point of the series and seems to have been forgotten).

Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek
    Something I can never understand is why people bash the fillers. I mean, look at the alternative; we go into Naruto II with,

1. 30% chakra
    2. Biiig Rasengan
    3. Naruto Pervert
    6. Emo/wangst

And above all, Kishimoto wants to put romance into this series. The fudge? With all this angst floating around? At least the fillers are light-hearted and we see a shuffle of the "minor" characters, not to mention ninja doing missions (which was the point of the series and seems to have been forgotten).

sweet so I didn't miss anything just reading into this topic every so often and not weekly

1. 30% chakra
    Well, honestly, these were just the problems to me. Sai could stand to not talk about penis so much, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Franky
    Bad move, bub!

Quote Originally Posted by Taleran
    sweet so I didn't miss anything just reading into this topic every so often and not weekly
    I have absolutely no idea what is going on in the manga right now, but from occasional readings I can infer this:

1. After failing to "bring back my Sasuke", Naruto goes emo.
    2. Kakashi goes, "hey Naruto, wuts goin' on? Need sum trains?"
    3. Some wind alignment stuff, Naruto adds "wind" to Rasengan.
    4. Kakashi can do Rasengan as well, thus further diminishing Naruto's achievement in mastering it since Chidori isn't an imitation, it's an improvement.
    5. Yamato goes "omgwtfbbq" with Naruto's "1337 Kage Bushin training orgy".
    6. Tsunade goes, "let's infiltrate Akatsuki (again)".
    7. Some two-tailed beast girl gets captured by two new Akatsuki.
    8. A bunch of chuunin go to intercept them.
    9. Asuma reveals he is Sandaime Hokage's son.
    10. Kurenai feels bad because Asuma is probably going to die.
    11. Deidara and Obit...I mean, Tobi, battle the three-tail and win.
    12. The chuunin battle the two new Akatsuki guys from earlier.
    13. Blight/Skeletor makes a cameo.

"amirite"?

Hidan's "Skeletor" form didn't annoy me as much as I thought. He doesn't look that bad.

And I suppose this week's chapter is passable. Shikamaru is just that damn badass when it comes to brains, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer
    Well, honestly, these were just the problems to me. Sai could stand to not talk about penis so much, though.
    Yeah, I'm kinda surprised with the Sai hate personnaly. Even if the penis talk was slightly too homosexual for my taste, I think he's a funny character. The way he calmly lay verbal assaults on Sakura and Naruto and his words about Sasuke (he spoke for the readers here) were amusing.

Sai has worth as a character. I'm just pissed off at how deus ex machina his change of heart was.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldrich
    Yeah, I'm kinda surprised with the Sai hate personnaly. Even if the penis talk was slightly too homosexual for my taste, I think he's a funny character. The way he calmly lay verbal assaults on Sakura and Naruto and his words about Sasuke (he spoke for the readers here) were amusing.
    That's why I specifically mentioned the "emotionless" issue (though I forgot the "dick discussions"); it's already an exhausted concept from Rurouni Kenshin (through Soujiro Seta), which only further brought in a more negative atmosphere for this already extremely dark segment of the series. Sai's jutsu and insults were excellent, but the emotionless issue was an inferior version of Watsuki's work and I couldn't take reading about it.

I don't really like Sai. What kind of ninja wears a belly shirt?

The same kind that wears orange pajamas and pink cyclist pants.

At least he wears black.

I actually think Sai is okay and that Sojiro was very lame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Franky
    Bad move, bub!

1. 30% chakra
    2. Biiig Rasengan
    3. Naruto Pervert
    6. Emo/wangst

Choji/shino/Kiba/Hinata/Shikamaru/Lee/Neji/Ten Ten have all made appereances....

And I liked itachi vs kakashi and gai vs kisame. I thought that was the best part of part 2 so far. Yes the "we only used 30% of our power" was cheesy, but I can't complain since that was a very entertaining fight.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.allsunday
    Nice job jumping on the bandwagon there Aethos, I can only wish I was as cool as you

Terek speaks of them not doing anything as of yet (except Shikamaru).

I personally liked Sojiro very much as a character with the indepth flashback of his. Sai's just... yeah....
    Avatar provided by Ferntree on DeviantArt.

I think I've noticed that somehow people just want to watch Naruto regardless of canon or filler. It still somehow rakes in ratings in Japan (well its always one of the top websites on TV-Tokyo's site) and, whether or not the show is good (some say the fillers suck, others believe it actually shows more of a "ninja mission" mentality that Kishimoto has forgotten about), they are probably going to milk it for all its worth back at Pierrot. (heck, a zillion fillers never killed Ranma when it aired and that was also Pierrot...the only Pierrot anime I've seen that practically had no filler start to finish was Yu Yu Hakusho)

Sai's fashion sense never bothered me. Probably because I read JoJo's and Houshin Engi. I actually liked his design.

Thread Information