Page 139 of 301 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 189 239 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,780 of 6001

Thread: Naruto Discussion!

Xetalimn_Erket

Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Carter
    Well, I couldn't necessarily count that as filler since it was part of the main story.
    I think as far as relevance to the story, Oda could have removed the DBF and the overall plot wouldn't have been changed. Personally, the DBF looked like a short spoof of the arsinine "tournament" segments of all shounen manga that take up volumes and volumes in the most bland manner.

any good shounen though can pull off a good tournament (like HxH)

Hey I have a question.

If every ninja is limited to one, even rarer two, elements, how does the Sharingan work?
    Avatar provided by Ferntree on DeviantArt.

i consider DBF to be filler too but that's been discussed too much already and it's offtopic.

yokai that's something Naruto would like to know as well but Kakashi doesn't tell (aka Kishi doesn't even know himself )
    He spent fifteen years getting loaded | Fifteen years 'till his liver exploded | Now what's Bob gonna do now that he can't drink? |

Xetalimn_Erket

Quote Originally Posted by Taleran
    any good shounen though can pull off a good tournament (like HxH)
    Generally, all tournaments are good, but they're only included in a story when the author has no clear idea of how to continue writing a manga.

Oda just poked fun at the stereotype.

Hey, I have another question.

Why would Oro want to learn every technique if he himself is probably also limited to one or two elements?

Quote Originally Posted by yokaiforte
    Hey, I have another question.

Why would Oro want to learn every technique if he himself is probably also limited to one or two elements?

Nobody is limited to any element. The test Kakashi did with the paper just tells you what element suits you best.

Quote Originally Posted by Xetalimn_Erket
    Generally, all tournaments are good, but they're only included in a story when the author has no clear idea of how to continue writing a manga.

Oda just poked fun at the stereotype.
    Yeah, I heavily doubt that was the intent of the Davy Backfight.

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

Quote Originally Posted by Octogon

Nobody is limited to any element. The test Kakashi did with the paper just tells you what element suits you best.
    It's where your chakra is aligned with. That would mean that, since the chakra acts in a certain way, the natural molding of the chakra would be rather hard to pull off, just as the Kage Buyo was hard for Sasuke to pull off and was in need of modification.

In that, the rarity is that one person can use said combination technique or using two different elements. Even if Oro knows these techniques, the requirement to mold each and every technique would be hard to mold.

Quote Originally Posted by yokaiforte
    It's where your chakra is aligned with. That would mean that, since the chakra acts in a certain way, the natural molding of the chakra would be rather hard to pull off, just as the Kage Buyo was hard for Sasuke to pull off and was in need of modification.

In that, the rarity is that one person can use said combination technique or using two different elements. Even if Oro knows these techniques, the requirement to mold each and every technique would be hard to mold.
    I know that. I'm just saying no one is limited to any element. They can know jutsu from each element, it would be hard for elements that weren't their's

I know that. I'm just saying no one is limited to any element. They can know jutsu from each element, it would be hard for elements that weren't their's
    No. There is no limit. You know what? Now I find that any talk of element and him not using the technique ridiculous, because there'll be thousands of techniques that he won't be using (Sexy Jutsu being one)

So I actually gave the manga a try since up to now I had just watched the anime (prior to learning of OP and other shows) and have read part 2, holy boring Batman, it feels like a chore to keep reading this manga.......and it does seem that the art gets steadily worse and worse and worse

ARLONG PARKS BERSERKER!!! A.M.S's Avatar

The naruto filler is the absolute worst filler I have seen, and I have seen over 200 series/movies these past 3 years.

Wise Sage

That makes it even more of a Nen ripoff.

Quote Originally Posted by nguyen
    That makes it even more of a Nen ripoff.
    You mean chi?

(It's all basically the same thing.)

Nen, as in HxH...

Because HXH is so damn original.

DBF was an adventure. It's often extremely clear that Oda has a lot of foresight, so Gaimon and Laboon and the rest really aren't diversions at all. It should be cool to see things happen in addition to advancement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Franky
    Bad move, bub!

I'm considering Naruto AGAIN, for the 3rd time. I stopped at episode 55. Should I give it another try?

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1
    I'm considering Naruto AGAIN, for the 3rd time. I stopped at episode 55. Should I give it another try?
    Sure, why not?

Because it's boring?

I might still enjoy it...

It's VERY boring?! Er...

I'm lost for words with Naruto. You should probably give it another chance, if only for
    Spoiler:
    Naruto vs. Sasuke
    where it picks up, but it drops again for part two...
    It's really not BAD, but I think Kishimoto's pacing is to blame, really.
    (Yeah, the head shots)

Sasuke vs. Naruto sucked.

Thread Information