Page 128 of 301 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 126 127 128 129 130 138 178 228 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,560 of 6001

Thread: Naruto Discussion!

Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

I liked this chapter too despite nothing overly major happening in it. We got to see some cool jutsus from Yamato (who is still my favorite post-time skip character), and some meaningful conversation between Shikamaru and Asuma.

See, this is the kind of thing that Kishimoto is good at. He's good (or at least used to be) good at character dynamic, which is basically what we got this chapter. And god preserve us, we actually had pages with more than 4-5 panels on them!

To me it seems that Kishimoto is at his best when he's doing "in-between plot building". When he's trying to do big action scenes or big dramatic ones, he falls short. Really short. And every time a dramatic scene ensues he uses glaringly sparse art/panelwork for the sake of being "artistic."

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki
    And god preserve us, we actually had pages with more than 4-5 panels on them!
    yeah its becoming sort of decent.

well sort of ok chapter not so bad but im still wondering about the "king" thing.

jinn

Naruto is dragging on to long i dont know about any one else but i just dont care any more it seems like naruto himself is just a huge blockhead who wont acknowledge that sasuke craves the power to kill itachi. I mean yeah i understand their like brothers but once my brother pulls out his sword to kill me all bets are off..

I see very little progress in Naruto's conquest to become Hokage as well. Seems like after 3 years with Jybura and endless retrievel missions isn't cutting it. I WANT TO SEE AN ASSASSINATION MISSION FOR ONCE!

Aggravator via Destiny darktravis's Avatar

A little foreshadowing in the shogi scene? Will Asuma die to protect Naruto from Akatsuki perhaps?
    I say this because it's interesting to note that the bishop and rook in shogi make up the first characters in Hidan and Kakuzu's names

Hey, nice catch darktravis!

And Goda, I think you meant Jiraiya. Naruto wasn't trained by a member of Cp9. Granted, that would have been cool. Naruto learns Shigan!

So yeah, I'm 80% sure Asuma is going down.
    "I know I shouldn't cry over spilt tea, but...*sniff*...it's just so sad!" -Iroh

"Hold on guys, I think I'm a moron." -me

Quote Originally Posted by Rixile, Ketchup King
    And Goda, I think you meant Jiraiya. Naruto wasn't trained by a member of Cp9. Granted, that would have been cool. Naruto learns Shigan!
    Oops, my bad.

I say this because it's interesting to note that the bishop and rook in shogi make up the first characters in Hidan and Kakuzu's names
    Shikamaru and Asuma versus Hidan and Kakuzu? Now that could be interesting. o.O

Killer Bunny Duce of Transilvania's Avatar

Sadly i don't think that will happen.

I don't know why, but i have a feeling Naruto's training will be interupted by Bill and Ted and that he will master his new and great jutsu in the last critical moment and to give him that last critical moment Asuma will, well, you know make the last great sacrifice.

Quote Originally Posted by Myoti
    Shikamaru and Asuma versus Hidan and Kakuzu? Now that could be interesting. o.O
    that would be the best thing that could happen to this manga right now. but you know naruto has to show his rasengan+++ to calm the narutards.

Duce, your storyline sounds good. it'll look a bit too much like the rasengan training but at least it's some ol' good naruto. the way we like it.

I like that idea, but the only thing that I wouldn't like about that is it would ruin Shikamaru's running joke of only fighting women. Unless Kakuzu is really...

(dun dun duuun...)

But still seeing someone besides Naruto get some pummeling in would be great, no matter what.
    "I know I shouldn't cry over spilt tea, but...*sniff*...it's just so sad!" -Iroh

"Hold on guys, I think I'm a moron." -me

This GREAT jutsu will be using Rasengan one handed... or at least I believe after this training Naruto will be able to do it.

Now, anyone else was disturbed with the fact that Jiraya (coolest char, IMO) spent three years training Naruto and didn't even bothered to make him learn his chakra type?

Naruto better start using some decent summoning jutsus otherwise the Forth was the best student ever^2 to become hokage with Jiraya as teacher.
    baka^ni

Immoral Combat

When I go back and read some, I begin to think about plot points that they could have explained earlier, but will now feel tacked on. Take Naruto himself, for instance, what about his clan? To this point, unless I have missed something, there has been no mention of the uzumaki clan or anyone important from it. Why is he the only one left? I mean, come on, does HE have an older sibling who killed the rest of clan too? I get the feeling that it will be explained at one point to Naruto, with some crap like below:

*Asuma/Yamato/Jiraiya/Tsunade*:"The only clan more powerful then the Uchiha clan is the Uzumaki clan, we all just forgot about it until *Insert name of minor, cooler character* sacrificed him/herself to save you. Now we will take the next 50 chapters explaining the origin of your family, including why nobody remembers them, and reveal that the only other surviving member is *Akatsuki member or leader/Yondaime/minor character that appeared in only one chapter*, while completely disregarding the fact that there is only a matter of weeks until Orochimaru takes Sasuke's body, rendering all of the training for the past 3 1/2 years useless. Now shut up and listen"

Deny it if you will, but something similar to this may just happen.
    Believe it!

There isn't necessarily an Uzumaki clan, not everybody in the village has to come from a clan.

I believe the current clans are:

Hyuuga
    Uchiha (gone)
    Nara
    Akimichi
    Inuzuka
    Aburame
    Sarutobi
    Yamanaka (possibly?)

other than that there are still dozens of ninjas who apparently don't belong to a clan.

Then where, pray tell, did Naruto come from? A tree? o_O
    Or better yet, Kishi's butt...

I like that idea, but the only thing that I wouldn't like about that is it would ruin Shikamaru's running joke of only fighting women. Unless Kakuzu is really...
    Hah, now that would be interesting. XD;

Now, anyone else was disturbed with the fact that Jiraya (coolest char, IMO) spent three years training Naruto and didn't even bothered to make him learn his chakra type?
    Or why Naruto has showed us ANYTHING NEW, save from being able to pull himself in mid-air with a clone?

Come on, if I was writing something like that, I would have been pulling out crazy new jutsu ALL OVER THE FREAKIN' PLACE. There would be no need for Kakashi to go Magekyou on Deidara with all new jutsu Naruto should have been able to use.

Quote Originally Posted by d3adpool
    This GREAT jutsu will be using Rasengan one handed... or at least I believe after this training Naruto will be able to do it.

Naruto better start using some decent summoning jutsus otherwise the Forth was the best student ever^2 to become hokage with Jiraya as teacher.

doesnt he already do it one handed. I think he did it againist deidra...

Quote Originally Posted by mr.allsunday
    Nice job jumping on the bandwagon there Aethos, I can only wish I was as cool as you

Heh eventually Naruto will be able to go full 9 tails without losing himself through some crazy plot hole and he'll look like a super saiyan. Seriously I can actually see that and he'll probably STILL lose to Sasuke.

I haven't been paying attention, but iirc the only time Naruto can do Rasengan one handed is when he's in retarded kyuubi mode

(I haven't been paying attention to the timeskip much so I may be wrong. Before the Jiraiya training that was the case)

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

he did a one handed rasengan against the clone itachi, either before or after that genjutsu hit him.

Nope he hasn't done a one handed Rasengan on his won yet. Against Itachi's clone he used the odama rasengan.
    He spent fifteen years getting loaded | Fifteen years 'till his liver exploded | Now what's Bob gonna do now that he can't drink? |

Thread Information