Page 121 of 301 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 119 120 121 122 123 131 171 221 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,420 of 6001

Thread: Naruto Discussion!

Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

If I'm not mistaken aswell when the Kyuubi was attacking in the 1st episode it was only Ninja fighting it

Quote Originally Posted by Taleran
    If I'm not mistaken aswell when the Kyuubi was attacking in the 1st episode it was only Ninja fighting it
    And, you know, the fact that there were Great Ninja wars, I'm pretty sure that ninjas are involved in the main fighting. But, those people, the 12 guards, if they were the CIA, then what is the point of training people to become ninjas if those who aren't of the 12 aren't involved in spying or assassinations. It's completely illogical. Just like the Kaze no Kuni's lord wanting to pretty much shut down the country's own defenses. This 12 guards thing. It's pretty much saying that those guys are strong.
    Avatar provided by Ferntree on DeviantArt.

well since Kishimoto already said that guns won't be in the series since they'd off balance it

the only other type or army I can imagine there being would be Samurai

Quote Originally Posted by Taleran
    well since Kishimoto already said that guns won't be in the series since they'd off balance it

the only other type or army I can imagine there being would be Samurai
    The ninjas still pretty much make up the main fighting force. But, that doesn't mean that they can't also be what they're meant to be.

They either are the CIA equivalent. Or theres no CIA.
    Theres no way around it.

The 12 gentleman are body guards. They probably rotate shifts and guard the fuedal lord.

Who said the temple was important? Nobody. The temple just happend to have one of the 12 gentleman there and because he was a monk.

What have we known about ASUMA? NOTHING. How much screen time has he had? Hardly none. He was hardly established. Him being a body guard for the fuedual lord when he was younger, is not illogical. Because somebody have to guard the fuedual lord, right?

We learned about many divisions in Konoha. So why cant there be divisions in the fire country? There are many forces that are meant to do certain things.
    Like that guy from the chuunin exam , the first examiner, he was in the torture and interrogation squad.

You complain that they are ninjas, so they should know whats going on in there country? That doesn't make much sense. Like terrorism in real life, small attacks can happend anywhere. You can stop many, but you cant stop them all. Like when the cloud ninja went to kidnap Hinata, He used stealth but if Hiashi or whoever it was didnt catch him. He would of probably succeded.

Konoha does not equal the CIA. Konoha equals the military. Some will argue that the CIA is a branch of the military. They rely alot of there information to the military and others. The secret service is not part of the military. They usually are body guards of people important to the country. Some of the secret service use to be former military people. Like many cops use to be former military people.

I was under the impression that the 12 guardians guard the fuedal lord.

And in a way you made my point for me, when u defended one piece. You said a big goverment is bound to have many groups working for it. And I agree. The fire country is no different. The 12 guardians is not a rank, it is a job.

O please. Does that mean that major politicians of the Hi no Kuni are mere fodder and can't have protection from your 12 guardians and gets stuck with just militia persona as guardians? And that ninjas, fucking ninjas, who are trained as intelligence gatherers and assassins, aren't the main intelligence gatherers? So they're divided into certain jobs. Interrogation, part of the intelligence gathering, like those jails the CIA had in Europe. Chuunin Exams/Teaching, it's not like most people automatically have the skills to become ninjas. It's still revolving about the purpose of spying. However. Even with these purposes that these ninja have self established, what about all the other not so specified ninja? Does that make Jonin like Kakashi and Hiashi mere soldiers?

And in any case, if these people were, as you proposed, the CIA, then why were they disbanded? the CIA has quite a big job in the government, even though it does not guard the president.

The 12 gentleman are body guards. They probably rotate shifts and guard the fuedal lord.
    ?

Who said the temple was important? Nobody. The temple just happend to have one of the 12 gentleman there and because he was a monk.
    A giant temple with KONOHA TEMPLE (as in the one and only) plastered across it is probably important.

What have we known about ASUMA? NOTHING. How much screen time has he had? Hardly none. He was hardly established. Him being a body guard for the fuedual lord when he was younger, is not illogical. Because somebody have to guard the fuedual lord, right?
    Its like Pauley revealing he's a secret agent sent by Smoker, and Smoker's son to keep watch on the strawhats.

We learned about many divisions in Konoha. So why cant there be divisions in the fire country? There are many forces that are meant to do certain things.
    Like that guy from the chuunin exam , the first examiner, he was in the torture and interrogation squad.
    Why are the ninjas not the intelligence and secret service then?

You complain that they are ninjas, so they should know whats going on in there country? That doesn't make much sense. Like terrorism in real life, small attacks can happend anywhere. You can stop many, but you cant stop them all. Like when the cloud ninja went to kidnap Hinata, He used stealth but if Hiashi or whoever it was didnt catch him. He would of probably succeded.
    Terrorists sneak around. The Akatsuki, whose outfits and probably faces are known everywhere just walked up in broad daylight and destroyed it.

Konoha does not equal the CIA. Konoha equals the military. Some will argue that the CIA is a branch of the military. They rely alot of there information to the military and others. The secret service is not part of the military. They usually are body guards of people important to the country. Some of the secret service use to be former military people. Like many cops use to be former military people.
    THEYRE GODDAMNED NINJAS 0_0.
    Ninjas arent the CIA/seceret service? Good lord man. Who is?

And in a way you made my point for me, when u defended one piece. You said a big goverment is bound to have many groups working for it. And I agree. The fire country is no different. The 12 guardians is not a rank, it is a job.
    A job that dosen't function anymore and its members don't have anything anymore to signify they were part of it aside from mentioning it.
    Oda brought up CP9 but he was using them as CP9.
    Kishimoto brought up the 12G, but didn't actually have to deal with making them 12G, or using the 12G. In other words, its just a power sign, or weak thread between characters.
    No work involved.

I hate it when things need to super over-analyzed in order to justify it's existence.

Quote Originally Posted by taboo
    I hate it when things need to super over-analyzed in order to justify it's existence.
    I'm just questioning what seems like poor writing.

That's what I mean though, poor writing. Kishi tells us about this new group, someone questions the purpose of it, and suddenly there's this whole analyzation thing from superfans justifying Kishi's decisions.

Oh...heh heh...sorry.

I liked this chapter! Very nice. I don't really care if the temple came out of the blue or not, it doesn't matter. And Asuma is getting some attention! Now we just need to find out if Kurenai has a Kekkai Genkai and our teacher squad will be uber awesome! Yeah!

And I'm glad Kakuzu (I don't think I got that right...) got at least one personality trait. Maybe it will figure into his fighting style somehow...I hope we get more on them soon. And I pray that the girl with the Nibi gets much more. She was cool...

Wait, if Asuma is the Hokage's son, and if Kurenai did have a Kekkai Genkai, wouldn't their baby be super awesome?
    "I know I shouldn't cry over spilt tea, but...*sniff*...it's just so sad!" -Iroh

"Hold on guys, I think I'm a moron." -me

Kekkai Genkai?

And for god's sake, just everybody forget the Temple argument. it's there, it's irreversable, so there's nothing to be done about it. There is a Fire Temple with fighting monks who protect the Fire Lord. Period.

So what will Bill and Ted do next?

So what will Bill and Ted do next?
    Does anyone else think that if Kishi dropped out Naruto and wrote a whole series about the Akatsuki (or even the other side characters), it'd actually be more interesting? I mean, that's kinda what it's been feeling like lately. The Akatsuki are the ones who keep getting attention, and good attention, at that.

No, I don't think it would be quite as good, but it would still be cool. I'd miss all the other characters, and I still like Naruto and the gang.
    "I know I shouldn't cry over spilt tea, but...*sniff*...it's just so sad!" -Iroh

"Hold on guys, I think I'm a moron." -me

Quote Originally Posted by Rixile, Ketchup King
    No, I don't think it would be quite as good, but it would still be cool. I'd miss all the other characters, and I still like Naruto and the gang.
    I like sargent bug-eyes. But otherwise everyones pretty boring by this point.

Hi I'm Naruto, I'm here to go insanely demonic or blunder around as a bunch of clones and frustrate readers by being every bit as immature as before. Now wheres the fly bastard Sasuke.

Right here Naruto, boy is revenge awesome, did you know I like revenge? You did? Funny. Well I'm getting tired of waiting for revenge, in the meantime I'm working for Micheal Jackson and enjoying the...benefits.

Did somebody sai Michael Jackson?........wait for it...
    Hello I'm Sai, I'm another good looking male in case you were wondering and I spend my days making sports commentary on penis's and running through overdone cliches again and again.

Did somebody say penis? Hi I'm Orochimaru, and despite all the awesome shit I did in vol.6 I'm more content hanging around and fighting time to time and stuff. I'm so boring these days that Zeph dosen't even know what else to say.

Hi I'm Kishimoto and god am I tired of writing this shit. You may have noticed the new art style I've selected. I call it....coloring book lazy garbage. The idea of value is a silly thing. The idea of continueing this series is also silly. But the editors don't let me sleep at night. They also don't let me communicate with the outside world. They lurk around like ninjas...the irony....like my own circle of Dante's hell....
    This how the world ends, with a whimper, not a bang....

Didn't Kishimoto try to end the series after Zabuza?

I think a team Gai spin off would be so killer.

thats like Togashi Starting a new Series about the GR it'd be fucking amazing but I'd prefer to see the ones they're on get to finish

(could you imagine the negative feedback if Kishimoto decided to up and quit right now....)

Thread Information