Page 113 of 301 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 163 213 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 6001

Thread: Naruto Discussion!

Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

That's because Watsuki is one of the greatest mangaka ever. He used a lot of anime cliches quite well (Seta Sojiro is an excellent example). KIshimoto did a poor job with Sai, but he's becoming an interesting character. I really like the way he fights; I hope we get to see his brother in a flashback or something. I bet he uses paper. :P

Oh, and on an off note. These three Naruto flashes are hi-larious. Watch them now.
    http://www.sheezyart.com/view/667734/
    http://www.sheezyart.com/view/673804/
    http://www.sheezyart.com/view/735459/

But the best emotionless person ever is Kiriyama Kazuo from Battle Royale.
    Amen.

I juat realized where the hell did yamato go ;-;

Quote Originally Posted by mr.allsunday
    Nice job jumping on the bandwagon there Aethos, I can only wish I was as cool as you

Quote Originally Posted by warp
    I juat realized where the hell did yamato go ;-;
    To hang out with Tenten and Dosu in characterskishimoto wrote intoadeadendwith land.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephos
    But the best emotionless person ever is Kiriyama Kazuo from Battle Royale.
    Amen.
    Well, I was just thinking of characters who eventually change to become non-emotionless (since that was mentioned earlier). I haven't read all of the Battle Royale manga, but if I remember correctly, he never changed in the novel or movie. So I guess that's why I forgot about him.

Quote Originally Posted by yokaiforte
    For Rurouni Kenshin, the first one that comes to mind of "emotionless" is Seta Soujiro, the guy who kept on smiling. That is a great example of emotionless done good.
    Yep, Soujiro is who I had in mind.

Well theres a difference between Kiriyama and Sai and co.
    They're emotionless due to trauma and intentional outside effects.

Kiriyama is a complete sociopath due to brain damage.

Well theres a difference between Kiriyama and Sai and co.
    They're emotionless due to trauma and intentional outside effects.

Kiriyama is a complete sociopath due to brain damage.
    Yeah I remember. That's why he couldn't change like they (Soujiro, Mr. Grimmer, Sai, etc.) did I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kuro
    Yeah I remember. That's why he couldn't change like they (Soujiro, Mr. Grimmer, Sai, etc.) did I suppose.
    Hes also LITERALLY emotionless, Sai and Soujiro are just holding it back. They can still feel certain ways toward people. Sai clearly disliked Naruto...felt fear against Sasuke...nervous when following Oro....and smiles.

Kiriyama is a MACHINE. He dosen't HAVE exspressions.0_0
    To him theres literally no more difference between painting a picture and shooting people. He is instinct.

Hes also LITERALLY emotionless, Sai and Soujiro are just holding it back. They can still feel certain ways toward people. Sai clearly disliked Naruto...felt fear against Sasuke...nervous when following Oro....and smiles.

Kiriyama is a MACHINE. He dosen't HAVE exspressions.0_0
    To him theres literally no more difference between painting a picture and shooting people. He is instinct.
    Yes, I understand. My favorite part regarding Kiriyama in the book is where it mentions how he threw a painting away. Or was it something about mastering a musical instrument really quickly (a violin I think)? I need to read the book again. But it was something like that.
    Last edited by Captain Kuro; June 18th, 2006 at 01:02 AM.

Soujirou technically wasn't emotionless. I don't mean holding it back either. He had one constant emotion: joy. Which is why he's always smiling and never ruffled.

Sai is more the old deadpan emotionless. He didn't really feel joy, he just faked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki
    Soujirou technically wasn't emotionless. I don't mean holding it back either. He had one constant emotion: joy. Which is why he's always smiling and never ruffled.

Sai is more the old deadpan emotionless. He didn't really feel joy, he just faked it.
    First, I need to clear something up. Sorry if I confused anyone. But by "emotionless" I don't mean literally (except Kiriyama, as Zephos pointed out). I'm talking about the characters who are surpressing their different emotions or whatever. I don't know another way to say it though.

But I disagree about Soujirou. I thought he was only smiling on the outside, not actually being joyful. You know, since when he was a kid the only way to stop being beaten was to "keep on smiling". Although he's always smiling, I doubt he was actually a joyful character. It's just that smiling is the only expression he ever did. So, therefore he was a character who didn't express other emotions until during his fight/talk with Kenshin, where he let his other emotions out (such as his anger/frustration).

Perhaps I misunderstood that part though. Maybe I'll read it again someday and see.
    Last edited by Captain Kuro; June 18th, 2006 at 01:28 PM.

I don't think it was just a smile. Remember how Kenshin couldn't predict anything he did? That's because all he could feel from him was joy. (although some argue it's contentment rather than joy. Take your pick)

I don't think it was just a smile. Remember how Kenshin couldn't predict anything he did? That's because all he could feel from him was joy. (although some argue it's contentment rather than joy. Take your pick)
    That's true that Kenshin couldn't feel anything else from him, but I don't think that means he wasn't holding his other emotions back. Because he did eventually let them out (or at least anger/frustration)...so he must have been surpressing them or something. So therefore, I still think he fits into the "holding back emotions" character type. Which is what I was trying to say about "emotionless characters" but I lack a better term.

Unless he suddenly developed them during the fight somehow.

But still, whatever the case, it doesn't change the fact that Soujiro is an example of the emotionless/expressionless/single-expression character that end up expressing their emotions (or different emotions other than the one they usually express). Just like there are all kinds of "cool guy" characters, there's different kinds of them too. Or at least I have always grouped characters together in that way.

I didn't mean to start any kind of debate about the specific details. I just wanted to point out that Soujiro, Sai, and Mr. Grimmer are similar character types (in the general sense). That's all.
    Last edited by Captain Kuro; June 18th, 2006 at 02:03 PM.

Sojirou was definitely a case of severe emotion suppression. He definitely had the other emotions, but they were so pushed back he couldn't feel them until Kenshin broke him.

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

To hang out with Tenten and Dosu in characterskishimoto wrote intoadeadendwith land.
    dosu is dead.....

Also that guy in kenshin is the kid that followed shishio right. If so....I don't remember

Quote Originally Posted by mr.allsunday
    Nice job jumping on the bandwagon there Aethos, I can only wish I was as cool as you

once they introduced Tenten's 'ability' then I knew she'd be one of those characters although better writers could have used that for interesting strategic battles (see Jojo's)

Poor Tenten. She could have been a really interesting character but she was just wasted. Team Gai got SO much spotlight time, yet Tenten never did. Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kuro
    That's true that Kenshin couldn't feel anything else from him, but I don't think that means he wasn't holding his other emotions back. Because he did eventually let them out (or at least anger/frustration)...so he must have been surpressing them or something. So therefore, I still think he fits into the "holding back emotions" character type. Which is what I was trying to say about "emotionless characters" but I lack a better term.

Unless he suddenly developed them during the fight somehow.

But still, whatever the case, it doesn't change the fact that Soujiro is an example of the emotionless/expressionless/single-expression character that end up expressing their emotions (or different emotions other than the one they usually express). Just like there are all kinds of "cool guy" characters, there's different kinds of them too. Or at least I have always grouped characters together in that way.

I didn't mean to start any kind of debate about the specific details. I just wanted to point out that Soujiro, Sai, and Mr. Grimmer are similar character types (in the general sense). That's all.
    Oh, I didn't mean that he wasn't holding them back, I meant that on the surface he wasn't deadpan like other "emotionless" characters. He expressed joy.

the only thing TenTen did in the anime was explain how Neji's moves worked to the audience snicker snicker

*rolls eyes*

A weapons master could have been so cool, but no. *sigh*

Oh, I didn't mean that he wasn't holding them back, I meant that on the surface he wasn't deadpan like other "emotionless" characters. He expressed joy.
    Oh, I misunderstood your earlier post. Sorry.

It seems to also be fairly common for those type of characters to smile often though (Mr. Grimmer from Monster for example - but his was a fake smile if I remember correctly).

Thread Information