Page 112 of 301 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 122 162 212 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,240 of 6001

Thread: Naruto Discussion!

Default Re: Naruto Discussion!

Didn't do anything for me.

Oh man. That Gaia link just wasted my evening XD

Kishi has a chance to turn Naruto around with this chapter...I hope he takes it. I hope Kakashi has something that will help Naruto to actually use what he learned with Jiraiya. Because I see that in fights Naruto is too over run with emottion to actually fight straight.

I personally think another training arc will be perfect; it'll give Naruto a chanceto get over his Sauce induced emotional breakdown, hopefully turning him into his usual self again. I'm also looking forward to the team learning some new techniques, and possibly more Jiraiya. >_>

yes more Ero-sennin. I want to see more of Sai as well. I'm really starting to like him. I also like the fact he called Sakura a 'HAG'

There's nothing wrong with a little ownage...

Didn't they just get done training?

You'll have to help me, I only read a chapter or two of Naruto every few months, that's enough to get the gist of it, but what exactly have they accomplished since the last training round?

It seems to me that they trained then everyone ran around for a bit giving Kishi a chance to essentially unveil everyone super slowly after their training aaaand now back to training.

But all they really did was Sakura showed off her Tsunade-esque superhuman strength and Naruto used Odama Rasengan about forty times. I'm think the training arc is going to involve maybe a little bit more strategy (not just learning new techniques, but stuff like analyzinh weaknesses and stuff). Plus, Kakashi said it's possible for Naruto to surpass him (and I always pictured Kakashi as the strongest jonin, minus the sannin of course); which might have something to do with controlling the Kyubi even more. And if controlling the Kyubi is involved; there's a high chance that Jiraiya might show up.

You're crazy. strategy and "analyzinh weaknesses and stuff" ? Are you sure we're talking about Naruto? And why do you think it'll be about controlling Kyubi? The last few chapters have been all about how Naruto's better without Kyubi,.... so why should he train now how to control him again?

And Naruto used Odama Rasengan only once.

Oh and Sai is cool for insulting Sakura now all he has to do is beat her up.
    He spent fifteen years getting loaded | Fifteen years 'till his liver exploded | Now what's Bob gonna do now that he can't drink? |

Quote Originally Posted by Zephos
    Hell, I don't even watch the anime.

Oh and you guys have GOT to see this.
    I think I've found the biggest narutard in existence. On Gaia (suprise!).

This dude thinks Kimmaro could kill Ener,....and the IDEON.
    The fucking IDEON. (wiki it)

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/view...4529347&page=1

this was in his sig.

Attention all otaku its offical One Piece has officaly been deemed the gay anime with the gayest characters next to marvel comic characters!!!!

hes a retard.

I liked this chapt tho. sai is off my shit list, and is proving to be a very likable character, I really like how hes changed.

but another training chapter, where are the other genins, kishi showed us their new looks and thats it.
    Last edited by tony-kun; June 16th, 2006 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tony-kun
    this was in his sig.

Attention all otaku its offical One Piece has officaly been deemed the gay anime with the gayest characters next to marvel comic characters!!!!

hes a retard.

I liked this chapt tho. sai is off my shit list, and is proving to be a very likable character, I really like how hes changed.

but another training chapter, where are the other genins, kishi showed us their new looks and thats it.
    Thats because we burn kids like him so badly on Naruto Vs. One Piece threads.
    Its hilarious, to see them grasping at straws..

"But Naruto could..."
    "Ener"
    "But Kakashi could..."
    "Ener"
    "But Kisame could ..."
    "Ener"
    "But Gaara could..."
    "What part of NON-CORPOERAL DON'T YOU GET? 0_0 CHRIST!"

And they just get mad and do things like make sigs like that.
    Then its even funnier to mention that Masashi Kishimoto is a big One Piece fan

I love how people were actually surprised about the upcoming training

I expected AT LEAST one more training arc in post time-skip because, c'mon, this is Naruto.

I agree, Kishi has a chance to turn things around. A slim chance. I just hope Sai continues uphill for "character like-ability" and doesn't have another deus ex machina personality change again.

Still, I hope we see more ink-jutsus. Best thing Sai has going for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephos
    Thats because we burn kids like him so badly on Naruto Vs. One Piece threads.
    Its hilarious, to see them grasping at straws..

"But Naruto could..."
    "Ener"
    "But Kakashi could..."
    "Ener"
    "But Kisame could ..."
    "Ener"
    "But Gaara could..."
    "What part of NON-CORPOERAL DON'T YOU GET? 0_0 CHRIST!"

And they just get mad and do things like make sigs like that.
    Then its even funnier to mention that Masashi Kishimoto is a big One Piece fan
    *snorting laughter* Aw man, that's priceless.

I think there are A LOT of manga-ka who really like One Piece and respect Oda. Kohta Hirano (manga-ka of Hellsing) once bothered to put down in his bio that his favorite pirates are the Arlong Kaizoku-dan.

Oda is seriously like the new Toriyama. which he would never agree with, but it's true.

WAHHAAHAHAA! Omg 311 is so funny. Well the first part b/c sai is reading emotions books hahahahha. Man you nailed that one taboo. Sai is such a loser. man lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.allsunday
    Nice job jumping on the bandwagon there Aethos, I can only wish I was as cool as you

I think there are A LOT of manga-ka who really like One Piece and respect Oda. Kohta Hirano (manga-ka of Hellsing) once bothered to put down in his bio that his favorite pirates are the Arlong Kaizoku-dan.
    I have this theory that Kishimoto gets inspiration from One Piece. Expecially in Kisame and Deidra's "yeah".

This is ridiculous =.=
    Both Naruto and Sasuke are so cheap! One is like on steroid drugs, the other runs on demon AA batteries.
    Like comon, what happened to fighting without these incredibly cheap techniques?
    Ever since the Naruto vs Sasuke Round 1 fight, Kishimoto seems to resort to just slapping on more powerhouse techniques for then. I've lost a lot of respect for them in that aspect (in terms of character).

Quote Originally Posted by tony-kun
    this was in his sig.

hes a retard.
    And he's defending a manga where we have Sasuke/Orochimaru, Haku and every other villain being a bishonen? Well OK, if he was talking about Bon Kurei, I could understand but I think there's more evidence on the other side.

I think that, as many have said, one of Kishimoto's weaknesses is that since's he's pretty much tied to the Leaf Village for the series (compared to Oda, who has a traveling band that goes and meets all sorts of strange characters along their journey), he has ended up creating a diverse and interesting set of characters in said village...and yet consistantly keeps everything for the main ones. (Team 7) Sure I get it: they are the main characters and, like in many manga, they will get a good chunk of development. But that does not mean you should leave everyone else in the dust in both character development and fighting to merely watch like, say, Toriyama did.

sai character development is so lame and so cliché. i think i can name at least 10 anime series where there are characters with no emotions to begin with and then slowly develop their social relationship after meeting the main characters.

Quote Originally Posted by igalsfy
    sai character development is so lame and so cliché. i think i can name at least 10 anime series where there are characters with no emotions to begin with and then slowly develop their social relationship after meeting the main characters.
    Rurouni Kenshin and Monster did the emotionless thing the best in my opinion. I can't think of any others at the moment, but yes, that is a theme that is used quite often.

Of course, I expected to see it eventually in a series about ninja. It could have been executed a lot better though.

The emotionless thing isn't at all new, but it's true that it could have been done MUCH better. They didn't even bother to give Sai a flashback, just a page or two talking about his brother. How are we supposed to believe the change of heart without proper background information?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kuro
    Rurouni Kenshin and Monster did the emotionless thing the best in my opinion. I can't think of any others at the moment, but yes, that is a theme that is used quite often.
    For Rurouni Kenshin, the first one that comes to mind of "emotionless" is Seta Soujiro, the guy who kept on smiling. That is a great example of emotionless done good.
    Avatar provided by Ferntree on DeviantArt.

Thread Information