View Poll Results: Are you satisfied with the latest OP eps (animation & art wise)

Voters
882. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't see any problem with them, so, yes I am

322 36.51%
  • hmmm..maybe

235 26.64%
  • No!

325 36.85%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 304 of 305 FirstFirst ... 204 254 294 302 303 304 305 LastLast
Results 6,061 to 6,080 of 6093

Thread: A Study of One Piece Animation

Default Re: A Study of One Piece Animation

One Piece upcoming episodes' staff:

Ep. 897: Satoshi Ito (***1/2)/Hirotaka Ito (***1/2) and Eisaku Inoue (***1/2)

Ep. 898: Yasunori Koyama (***1/2)/Masahiro Shimanuki (**)
    Ep. 899: Yusuke Suzuki (**1/2)/Toshio Deguchi (**)
    Ep. 900: Aya Komaki (*****)/ Kenji Yokoyama (***1/2)
    Ep. 901: Satoshi Ito (***1/2)/Masahiro Kitazaki (***1/2) Kazuya Hisada (***1/2)

Very interesting staff list.

3 surprises:

- Yasunori Koyama making a comeback on the series is very nice to see.
    - One of the series co-directors, Aya Komaki, reappearing on rotation so quickly, which is a great way to celebrate a landmark episode.
    - Satoshi Ito, one of my favorite episode directors, really putting it to work. He's a young guy you guys should keep an eye on.

It would appear that episode 899 might be our first stinker of the Wano arc, but with the better schedule, who knows.

Thanks to Skippy for the staff list.
    Last edited by MythicalDragon; September 8th, 2019 at 07:14 AM.
    Monkey D. D. Ragon! So beastly he got two D's in his name!

Glad to see no sign of Ueda still. I'm kinda doubtful that he's permanently gone (see Shimanuki, Hosoda, and now Koyama) but his continued absence is appreciated nonetheless
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    Glad to see no sign of Ueda still. I'm kinda doubtful that he's permanently gone (see Shimanuki, Hosoda, and now Koyama) but his continued absence is appreciated nonetheless
    Well, according to many ppl who follow the production, he's gone for good.

Either way, whether Ueda was bad or not, he was a good asset for the schedule since he got episodes done very quickly. And Suzuki seems to be the new weakest link of the staff. :p

But it doesn't really matter since Nagamine is without a doubt gonna correct the storyboards of the weaker episode directors.
    Last edited by MythicalDragon; August 6th, 2019 at 10:34 AM.

One Piece Episode 898 - Image Preview

Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar

Just noticed the guy on the left is from Hawkins' crew, while the two on the right seem to be a Beast pirate and a Samurai. I wonder where the cat mink Faust is?

This is a Chinese One Piece mobile game opening would be so sakuga! Tu Yong-Ce, Tomita, Mitsui and Kitazaki all participated in this opening for One Piece: Sailing King and it's pretty nutty. Thanks Skippy for information about sakuga.

One Piece: Sailing King Opening - Mobile Game

Looks like previously they just recycled the Romance Dawn game opening:

Does anyone recognise what scene this comes from? This drawing doesn't seem to match Kaido's appearance in 779
    https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/u183456467

Those look like uncorrected pieces of Genga from a studio Guts animator.

Ep. 902: Katsumi Tokoro (****)/Masahiro Kitazaki (***1/2)

Ep. 903: Yutaka Nakashima (SB)(***1/2) & Yusuke Suzuki (ED)(**1/2)/Shuichi Ito (****)
    Ep. 904: Masahiro Hosoda (***)/Masayuki Takagi (***)
    Ep. 905: Tasuku Shimaya (***)/Masahiro Shimanuki (**)
    /!\

/!\ = There's something weird about this staff list. It's almost impossible that Kitazaki is supervising 2 episodes in a row, therefore there must be an error from the magazines on either episodes 901 or 902. Second weird thing is that Tasuku Shimaya, the episode director who made his debut on episode 900, seems to be boarding his own episode so soon. Normally new episode directors who've just started don't get to board their own episodes so early on.

For these reasons and because the magazines sometimes make mistakes, I would take this data with a grain of salt. I'll update this staff list if necessary.

Edit: The Kitazaki case has been solved :p
    Last edited by MythicalDragon; September 8th, 2019 at 07:15 AM.

Let me tell you the story of XEBEC's old adaptation of the Megaman Battle Network games from the early 00s where the AD rotation looked like this at one point:
    • Taro Ikegami
    • Taro Ikegami
    • Akira Takahashi
    • Taro Ikegami
    • Taro Ikegami
    • Mayumi Hidaka
    • Yasuo Shimizu
    • Akira Takahashi
    • Yasuo Shimizu
    • Yasuo Shimizu
    • Akira Takahashi
    • Yasuo Shimizu
    • Yasuo Shimizu
    • Mayumi Hidaka
    • Yasuo Shimizu
    • Akira Takahashi
    This was a weekly, full-length multi-year anime by the way. I have no idea how some of these peoples' hands didn't fall off and they're still working in the industry. Takahashi's actually served as character designer for some of Toei's magical girl shows like Pretty Cure and the Sailor Moon revivals, coincidentally enough.
    Last edited by Crossword; September 6th, 2019 at 09:33 AM.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

It is definitely insane and proves the fact that AD's can handle multiple episodes in a row.

However, I still don't really believe Kitazaki's tackling 2 episodes back to back, that's too unusual for OP. Unless it already happened and I don't remember.
    Last edited by MythicalDragon; September 6th, 2019 at 10:01 AM.

I just watched a Wanokuni episode, and it is the first One Piece anime I have watched in a long time. At some point, I lost interest in the waning quality and over use of still frames, and dragging out scenes. I have to say, this looks amazing! The art looks much crisper and more colorful, and there seemed to be less "time-waste". What's changed in the last few years?

Quote Originally Posted by CHiZZoPs View Post
    I just watched a Wanokuni episode, and it is the first One Piece anime I have watched in a long time. At some point, I lost interest in the waning quality and over use of still frames, and dragging out scenes. I have to say, this looks amazing! The art looks much crisper and more colorful, and there seemed to be less "time-waste". What's changed in the last few years?
    Well, for Wano?

We got new series directors, one of which is known for "modernizing" the long running shows he becomes series director for(ala DBS during the tournament of power arc and DBS Broly). The head series director, Tatsuya Nagamine who did all this, was also the director for film Z. The biggest notable change under them is the change in composite(we also changed photography departments, with the implementation of a line filter, which gives the lines some nice variation and thickness, and the new photography department has also emphasized the use of gradients in shading and has generally resulted in a warmer colour palette for Wano.

The other two series directors are experience episode directors in their own right, with them being responsible for some of the biggest episodes of the anime.

We got a new character designer this arc as well, which is noteworthy because we haven't had a new character designer in 10 years(the new character designer is Midori Matsuda). The character designer is also serving as a chief animation director beside the one we got in WCI, Keiichi Ichikawa, meaning that both of them tend to handle the important close up shots to provide a level of visual consistency between episodes of the show. They also tidy up the artwork of certain animation supervisors for consistencies sake.

In other words, a lot of shit.

Ep. 906:
    Episode director: Yasunori Koyama (***1/2)
    Storyboard: Toshinori Fukazawa (****1/2)
    Animation supervisor: Shigefumi Shingaki (**1/2)

Ep. 907 (Romance Dawn special episode):
    Episode director: Kouhei Kureta (****)
    Animation supervisors: Hirotaka Ito (***1/2) and Eisaku Inoue (***1/2)
    Character designer & Chief animation supervisor: Keiichi Ichikawa (*****)

Ep. 908:
    Episode director: Yutaka Nakashima (***1/2)
    Animation supervisor: Toshio Deguchi (**1/2)

Ep. 909:
    Episode director: Aya Komaki (*****)
    Animation supervisor: Kenji Yokoyama (***1/2)

My man Fukazawa the goat of the WCI arc is back, but he's only doing the storyboard sadly. Wanted to get a full on Fukazawa episode after all this time, but Koyama's a solid ED too.
    Last edited by MythicalDragon; October 8th, 2019 at 11:00 AM.

Bahi JD tweeted a picture of a key frame he's been working on, 2 hours ago. And guess what series it is. Someone smack me cause i think i'm dreaming. He has deleted the tweet because it started getting attention.

Here's the Twitter post for whoever's interested.

This does put a smile on my face

It could easily just be fan art. Animators use animation sheets for fan art all the time. Of course, it would be cool if he was working on it, though.
    Avatar: Igarashi Kyou (married name: Hasumi Kyou) from the web comic 性転換後、親友と (Seitenka-go. Shin'yuu to) by Eroe (Pixiv; Twitter) | Gender bender is love! Gender bender is life!
    Julie | She/Her | Pansexual

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information