View Poll Results: Are you satisfied with the latest OP eps (animation & art wise)

Voters
880. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't see any problem with them, so, yes I am

322 36.59%
  • hmmm..maybe

233 26.48%
  • No!

325 36.93%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 303 of 303 FirstFirst ... 203 253 293 301 302 303
Results 6,041 to 6,060 of 6060

Thread: A Study of One Piece Animation

Default Re: A Study of One Piece Animation

Quote Originally Posted by Yuugi's Black Magician View Post
    I wonder what Hisada is going to do now that he's no longer the character designer? It seems to defeat the purpose of changing character designers if he sticks around to be an animation supervisor or key animator.
    Probably taking a long break before working on anything else I imagine, since he's been involved since Episode 1 and just finished his 10th year as character designer in January

Nagamine mentioned in his latest interviews that Wano will have a new composite studio. Does new studio mean new equipment/software but same inside staff or a collaboration with an independent department that specialize in compositing? (In similar fashion to how background art studios function for example)

Quote Originally Posted by RevolutionaryOfThe6Paths View Post
    Nagamine mentioned in his latest interviews that Wano will have a new composite studio. Does new studio mean new equipment/software but same inside staff or a collaboration with an independent department that specialize in compositing? (In similar fashion to how background art studios function for example)
    The old guard is still around on the animation supervisor and episode director front. Its just a technological upgrade with a change in the photography department(which is technically a staff change)...

One Piece upcoming anime staff

Ep. 893: Kouhei Kureta (****)/Shuichi Ito (****)

Ep. 894: Aya Komaki (*****)/Yusuke Isochi (***1/2)
    Ep. 895: Yutaka Nakashima (***1/2)/Masahiro Kitazaki (***1/2) (Filler episode)

This thread is quite dead but yeah Fukazawa, Nagamine, Kureta, Komaki, all the heavyweight directors one after another. The Wano arc is bound to a really strong start.
    Monkey D. D. Ragon! So beastly he got two D's in his name!

didn't notice aya komaki got upgraded to 5 star nice to see that, going to be interesting seeing her under the new composition studio.

893, 894 & 895 line up is looking super strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Machineman View Post
    didn't notice aya komaki got upgraded to 5 star nice to see that, going to be interesting seeing her under the new composition studio.

893, 894 & 895 line up is looking super strong.
    Lol Crossword and me have slightly different ratings still. Those are how I rate the directors.

But yeah great great stuff to come for the anime.

So if the opening isn't lying, while Nagamine's nominally the series director, Kureta and Komaki are sharing that position too. Welp.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Quote Originally Posted by MythicalDragon View Post
    Lol Crossword and me have slightly different ratings still. Those are how I rate the directors.

But yeah great great stuff to come for the anime.
    lol i use to get at him regarding that :)

So if the opening isn't lying, while Nagamine's nominally the series director, Kureta and Komaki are sharing that position too. Welp

I imagine this means at some point one of kureta or komaki is going to take over from Nagamine which is usually what happens when there two series directors credited at toei.

Quote Originally Posted by Machineman View Post
    lol i use to get at him regarding that :)

I imagine this means at some point one of kureta or komaki is going to take over from Nagamine which is usually what happens when there two series directors credited at toei.
    I think it's far too soon to be saying that - Kureta and Komaki are probably just assisting Nagamine
    One Piece sakuga nut and resident Katsumi Ishizuka fanboy

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SkippyTheRobot
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Z...2JQKXRBkCGSHzw

One thing I've noticed that antialiasing is pretty bad with the newly rendered animation. I think someone said that One Piece has always been animated in 720p but is upscaled, I'm not sure how true that is, but whatever way the latest episode is upscaled you can see jagged lines are pretty noticeable on a monitor in 1080p, zoom in to the outlines:

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by dropper View Post
    One thing I've noticed that antialiasing is pretty bad with the newly rendered animation. I think someone said that One Piece has always been animated in 720p but is upscaled, I'm not sure how true that is, but whatever way the latest episode is upscaled you can see jagged lines are pretty noticeable on a monitor in 1080p, zoom in to the outlines:

Dunno if you're talking about the variable line weight which is more accentuated due to the line filter or not, but if that's the case I'd much much rather have this over the stale line art and compositing we had for 2 decades now.

Dunno if you're talking about the variable line weight which is more accentuated due to the line filter or not, but if that's the case I'd much much rather have this over the stale line art and compositing we had for 2 decades now.
    No it's nothing to do with the new style which is a fantastic, but it's rendered in a way in which is loses quality, look at the jagged edges at 1080p

They saying that when upscaled out of its natural 720 render, the resulting effects are noticeable. They are basically pointing out how the picture looks worse when viewed in a way it’s not supposed to be viewed.

Staff for the 2nd filler episode:

896: Hiroyuki Sato (***1/2)/Shigefumi Shingaki (**)

My wish came true! LOL.

I can't wait for all the concern trolling that's going to come out if/when these episodes' quality takes a hit.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    I can't wait for all the concern trolling that's going to come out if/when these episodes' quality takes a hit.
    Yea that will certainly be fun...

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    I mean will they?

Because we've seen how overwhelmingly well recieved episode 892 was because of the update of the photography department.

Episode 892, while it had some really great animation here and there from peeps like Kojima and Tsuyuki, is clearly not the best and most animated OP episode out there.

Most ppl of the OP community can't really tell what animation really is and said that 892 had new animation, even though it was just art, compositing, the line filter in effect and no movement at all.

And the line filter certainly won't be removed for the 2 filler episodes. As well as the photography, it won't revert back just because it's filler.
    Last edited by MythicalDragon; July 11th, 2019 at 12:47 AM.

Yukiko Nakatani seems to making a return on the TV series as an animation supervisor since the beginning of the Dressrosa arc. I'm posting this here because I know a lot of people here are very fond of her. If she's gonna become a regular supervisor again or if it's just a one time thing is yet unknown.

https://twitter.com/isoniku/status/1152457433362550784
    Last edited by MythicalDragon; July 20th, 2019 at 07:51 AM.

Yukiko Nakatani seems to making a return on the TV series as an animation supervisor since the beginning of the Dressrosa arc. I'm posting this here because I know a lot of people here are very fond of her. If she's gonna become a regular supervisor again or if it's just a one time thing is yet unknown.

https://twitter.com/isoniku/status/1152457433362550784
    She will attend the Precure movie of this year as part AD tho.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information