+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Could've sworn I made an introduction...

Zoro pwnz. Deal with it Santōryū's Avatar

Default Could've sworn I made an introduction...

i thought i'd made an introduction...oh well. my name's santoryu. my favorite anime are (in no order)

one piece (favorite character- zoro)
    naruto (favorite character- kakashi)
    fullmetal alchemist (favorite character- greed)
    death note (favorite character- ryuk)
    yu yu hakusho (favorite character- hiei)
    dragonball (not dragonball z) (favorite character- not sure yet)

my favorite video game series are (also in no order)

legend of zelda (faorite character- not sure)
    metal gear solid (favorite character- psycho mantis)
    .hack//g.u. (favorite character- ovan)
    super smash bros (favorite character (to use)- marth)
    kingdom hearts (favorite character- axel)

i also like many abridged series. the ones i'm currently watching are

yu gi oh abridged
    yu yu hakusho abridged
    naruto abridged
    TFS dragonball z abridged

me and a friend of mine are also working on the script for a one piece: the abridged series script. i'll post it in the creations section if i get a few posts in this topic

and...that's really all there is to know about me. lol
    Last edited by Santōryū; August 29th, 2008 at 01:48 AM.

There's no such thing as 'No such thing'. Your existence proves that, no? You, living with only a soul...?

Default Re: Could've sworn I made an introduction...

Welcome then, I suppose. Nice list of anime there, I like those aswell. (Well except for Naruto. I'm a Naruto anime hater, though I read the manga weekly.) ^^

yeah, that's the reply i usually get when talking to a one piece fan, lol. i have a feeling i'm gonna get a lot of those comments here (correct me if i'm wrong, though). i'm really the kind of guy who'd like nearly any anime. i just don't seem to have tha ability to NOT like any kind of anime. that's why i limit myself to a few. a few anime i forgot to mention were lucky star, rurouni kenshin, cowboy bebop (who doesn't like that show...) and the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya. not that anyone cared...

There's no such thing as 'No such thing'. Your existence proves that, no? You, living with only a soul...?

Yeah, there is quite a few Naruto bashers in this forum. I got a few when talking about Naruto awhile ago. I'm also kinda like that, I like pretty much any anime I watch, however if the anime contains way too many filler (like Naruto's two years of filler), I tend to not like it that much for straying away from the manga/plot of the series for too long. And if I first see an anime dubbed, then it is automatically on my 'do not like' list. Like at first One Piece was on my 'do not like' list due to the awful dub I saw many years ago. But it has since become my most favorite series. xD

Also Lucky Star & Haruhi are pwnsome. I have a Haruhi ringtone on my phone.

however if the anime contains way too many filler (like Naruto's two years of filler), I tend to not like it that much for straying away from the manga/plot of the series for too long.
    yeah, or bleach. i heard bleach has WAY too many fillers (just what i heard, but w/e)

And if I first see an anime dubbed, then it is automatically on my 'do not like' list.
    i'm kinda the opposite, as long as it's not 4kids dubbed. i'm pretty tolerant of dubs, i guess. i'd like to be a professional voice actor some day, so i'm allways paying attention to the acting. and then i miss half of the story. :D

Also Lucky Star & Haruhi are pwnsome. I have a Haruhi ringtone on my phone.
    the hare hare yukai dance, i assume?

Quote Originally Posted by Santōryū View Post
    yeah, or bleach. i heard bleach has WAY too many fillers (just what i heard, but w/e)
    I wouldn't really know, I don't pay attention to Bleach these days, only ever watched upto the end of the Soul Society arc.

i'm kinda the opposite, as long as it's not 4kids dubbed. i'm pretty tolerant of dubs, i guess. i'd like to be a professional voice actor some day, so i'm allways paying attention to the acting. and then i miss half of the story. :D
    I tend to prefer anime in it's original uncut, unedited, Japanese form with English subtitles. Sounds much better to me. Plus the fact that the only anime we get on TV here is pretty much 4kids shit. But I have seen other anime dubbed by other dubbing companies.

the hare hare yukai dance, i assume?
    Nope, the first OP. Dansetsu Mikiru or whatever. But the one on the first episode (In Haruhi order. Not in chronological order.)

I wouldn't really know, I don't pay attention to Bleach these days, only ever watched upto the end of the Soul Society arc.
    you got farther than me, i only got to the beginning of the soul society arc. lol

I tend to prefer anime in it's original uncut, unedited, Japanese form with English subtitles. Sounds much better to me. Plus the fact that the only anime we get on TV here is pretty much 4kids shit. But I have seen other anime dubbed by other dubbing companies.
    yeah. the dubs that i like are the fma dub, the new funi one piece dub, the dragonball z dub (not a very popular choice, but whatever) and death note's and naruto's were tolerable. i think people focus way too much on the characters sounding like their original japanese counterparts. that's why i like the dragonball z dub. the characters didn't sound like they did in the japanese version, but i'd say that was for the better, because goku'd sound like total crap with that girl voice. same thing goes for vegeta. i think that deep voice suits him a bit more

Nope, the first OP. Dansetsu Mikiru or whatever. But the one on the first episode (In Haruhi order. Not in chronological order.)
    oh, i think i know which one you're talking about

you got farther than me, i only got to the beginning of the soul society arc. lol
    Watch the rest of the arc, it's pretty good.

yeah. the dubs that i like are the fma dub, the new funi one piece dub, the dragonball z dub (not a very popular choice, but whatever) and death note's and naruto's were tolerable. i think people focus way too much on the characters sounding like their original japanese counterparts. that's why i like the dragonball z dub. the characters didn't sound like they did in the japanese version, but i'd say that was for the better, because goku'd sound like total crap with that girl voice. same thing goes for vegeta. i think that deep voice suits him a bit more
    Never seen the FMA dub, only seen it subbed. As for the FUNi One Piece dub, only seen a single episode. I'm not too fond on two things about it; the English version of the Japanese OP, and that it sounds like DBZ with Pirates... I was never fond of the DBZ dub either, too much was cut, and the voices didn't sound great to me. I prefer the original voices (we're like total oppisites, yet we're getting along xD). I wasn't too fond of the Death Note dub, and our Naruto dub (which has the same voices as yours) is edited to 4kids standards due to the channel it's aired on here. It's got all blood cut, most weaponplay cut,ect. and one other reason for me hating the Naruto dub is Naruto's stupid catchphrase 'Believe it', if I hear him say it one more time I swear I'd kill myself. I even didn't play Rise of a Ninja until I downloaded the Japanese voices for it.

oh, i think i know which one you're talking about
    Yeah, it's also the one that Konata has as her ringtone that's heard in an episode of Lucky Star. Infact that was the reason I went and got the ringtone. xD

Watch the rest of the arc, it's pretty good.
    well, i've been considering watching it. the action scenes were always fun to watch (then again, i can say that with any anime)

Never seen the FMA dub, only seen it subbed.
    i like it a bit more than the japanese version. reasons: they don't change anything about it, the voices either sound exactly like their original japaneese counterparts or (in ed's case) better, and it's done by funimation, who i like (if you noticed, all of favorite dubs i mentioned were funimation dubs)

As for the FUNi One Piece dub, only seen a single episode. I'm not too fond on two things about it; the English version of the Japanese OP, and that it sounds like DBZ with Pirates
    i always thought it sounded like the 4kids dub, just with a lot better acting and no edits. i think that's kind of clever, though. because they don't want the kids to think "what the hell happened to the voices?!" so they still had luffy still sound kind of scratchy (and annoying...) nami, zoro and chopper kind of the same, had usopp always use that quivery scaredy voice to sound similar to the other dub, and robin the same but without the accent

... I was never fond of the DBZ dub either, too much was cut, and the voices didn't sound great to me. I prefer the original voices
    well, i'll agree with you on the cut up part, but the voices i think sounded better in the english version, just a bit (specifically goku, that girl voice just did NOT sound like the big tough guy that he is)

(we're like total oppisites, yet we're getting along xD)
    that's just because we're mature and not letting our opinions get in our way :D

and our Naruto dub (which has the same voices as yours) is edited to 4kids standards due to the channel it's aired on here. It's got all blood cut, most weaponplay cut,ect.
    really? i don't really see how it's like 4kids that much. the only things i see them take out are minor things that are more or less irrelevant to the story anyway (like konohamaru bumping into tsunade's boobs. funny, but irrelevant to the story)

and one other reason for me hating the Naruto dub is Naruto's stupid catchphrase 'Believe it', if I hear him say it one more time I swear I'd kill myself.
    meh, believe it doesn't bother me that much, but it did kind of wear on me by around the 80th episode or so

Yeah, it's also the one that Konata has as her ringtone that's heard in an episode of Lucky Star. Infact that was the reason I went and got the ringtone. xD
    that's the one i thought

well, i've been considering watching it. the action scenes were always fun to watch (then again, i can say that with any anime)
    Heh, yeah. And all the battles in the arc are on epic standings really, I don't think the mangaka has actually gotten anything better than that arc.

i like it a bit more than the japanese version. reasons: they don't change anything about it, the voices either sound exactly like their original japaneese counterparts or (in ed's case) better, and it's done by funimation, who i like (if you noticed, all of favorite dubs i mentioned were funimation dubs)
    I suppose I could give it a quick look if I can find it on Cartoon-World forums or something.

i always thought it sounded like the 4kids dub, just with a lot better acting and no edits. i think that's kind of clever, though. because they don't want the kids to think "what the hell happened to the voices?!" so they still had luffy still sound kind of scratchy (and annoying...) nami, zoro and chopper kind of the same, had usopp always use that quivery scaredy voice to sound similar to the other dub, and robin the same but without the accent
    I dunno, the voices on the original 4kids dub were way more annoying. These sound (to me) more DBZ-like voices. Plus they recycled voice actors from DBZ for it anyhow.

well, i'll agree with you on the cut up part, but the voices i think sounded better in the english version, just a bit (specifically goku, that girl voice just did NOT sound like the big tough guy that he is)
    He's no tough guy, I thought that the original voice suited him much better. Never really been a fan of Son Goku anyhow. Vegeta > All. xD

that's just because we're mature and not letting our opinions get in our way :D
    I suppose, but I ain't exactly 'mature'. xD

really? i don't really see how it's like 4kids that much. the only things i see them take out are minor things that are more or less irrelevant to the story anyway (like konohamaru bumping into tsunade's boobs. funny, but irrelevant to the story)
    I said our dub, yours is pretty much unedited. Ours is your dub, but edited to 4kids standards by the channel that airs it here (Jetix).

meh, believe it doesn't bother me that much, but it did kind of wear on me by around the 80th episode or so
    I just find it really really annoying.

Also sorry for taking so long to reply, I have a major deal with my latest AMV over on LiveVideo.

I suppose I could give it a quick look if I can find it on Cartoon-World forums or something.
    yeah, it's not all that great for the first few episodes, but it's around the episodes with barry the chopper when ed's voice actor (the most awesome anime voice actor in the world, i might add) really gets into the role and puts some emotion into the character

I dunno, the voices on the original 4kids dub were way more annoying. These sound (to me) more DBZ-like voices. Plus they recycled voice actors from DBZ for it anyhow.
    oh, the 4kids voices were more annoying for sure. it kind of like funimation took the 4kids dub, and extracted all annoyingness from it. basically the way i view it in my warped imagination

He's no tough guy, I thought that the original voice suited him much better. Never really been a fan of Son Goku anyhow. Vegeta > All. xD
    meh, i don't know. that girl's voice...it's just...well, imagine a guy as big and muscular as goku walked up to you, but talked with goku's voice. that'd sound just a bit strage, wouldn't it? and yeah, vegeta pwnz (although i liked trunks a bit more)

I suppose, but I ain't exactly 'mature'. xD
    :D

I said our dub, yours is pretty much unedited. Ours is your dub, but edited to 4kids standards by the channel that airs it here (Jetix).
    oohhhh, that dub. yeah, that dub sucked ass

Also sorry for taking so long to reply, I have a major deal with my latest AMV over on LiveVideo.
    it's fine

yeah, it's not all that great for the first few episodes, but it's around the episodes with barry the chopper when ed's voice actor (the most awesome anime voice actor in the world, i might add) really gets into the role and puts some emotion into the character
    I see, but still if I come across it I'll give it a look.

oh, the 4kids voices were more annoying for sure. it kind of like funimation took the 4kids dub, and extracted all annoyingness from it. basically the way i view it in my warped imagination
    I see, odd way to think of it. But I guess it just depends on the person. Besides I assume you follow that dub, and I only saw the very first episode that got dubbed by them so I assume that their voices change to be less DBZ-like later on then.

meh, i don't know. that girl's voice...it's just...well, imagine a guy as big and muscular as goku walked up to you, but talked with goku's voice. that'd sound just a bit strage, wouldn't it? and yeah, vegeta pwnz (although i liked trunks a bit more)
    Nah, it wouldn't sound strange at all. But most muscular and otherwise guys are voiced by females in Japan anyhow. And the woman who voiced Son Goku is pretty much considered a Seiyu legend these days.

oohhhh, that dub. yeah, that dub sucked ass
    Yeah it did, but in my view most dubs suck ass anyhow. Almost every dub I've seen I've ended up not liking. There is only a few that I 'like', and I use the term like very loosely.

Those being; Outlaw Star, Bakuten Shoot Beyblade (Only the voices, they were good, however the edits and name changes were totally uncalled for), and Medarot (Medabots).

it's fine
    Okay, good. ^^

I see, odd way to think of it. But I guess it just depends on the person. Besides I assume you follow that dub, and I only saw the very first episode that got dubbed by them so I assume that their voices change to be less DBZ-like later on then.
    well, i watch the dub, but i'm way past the episodes that the dub is on, so i've seen most of the dub episodes, but i've also seen past them

Nah, it wouldn't sound strange at all. But most muscular and otherwise guys are voiced by females in Japan anyhow. And the woman who voiced Son Goku is pretty much considered a Seiyu legend these days.
    really? it wouldn't? O_o...oookaaay...

a legend, eh? i guess that explains why she got the role

Yeah it did, but in my view most dubs suck ass anyhow. Almost every dub I've seen I've ended up not liking. There is only a few that I 'like', and I use the term like very loosely.

Those being; Outlaw Star, Bakuten Shoot Beyblade (Only the voices, they were good, however the edits and name changes were totally uncalled for), and Medarot (Medabots).
    never seen any of them

also 2 random things about me that i forgot to mention before: i'm a mac user and a mild agnostic

also, a total random question that you probably don't care about: which anime character do you view yourself as. you can use anything in comparison. looks, personality, goals, whatever

i think i'm most like edward elric, because i'm short, have blonde hair, and i'm an agnostic (although i love milk)

well, i watch the dub, but i'm way past the episodes that the dub is on, so i've seen most of the dub episodes, but i've also seen past them
    Yeah that's what I meant.

really? it wouldn't? O_o...oookaaay...

a legend, eh? i guess that explains why she got the role
    Yeah, it wouldn't. And she's a legend THESE days, back when she got the role in 1989 she was no legend.

never seen any of them
    Really? Wow. All three of them are awesome. Outlaw Star especially.

also 2 random things about me that i forgot to mention before: i'm a mac user and a mild agnostic

also, a total random question that you probably don't care about: which anime character do you view yourself as. you can use anything in comparison. looks, personality, goals, whatever

i think i'm most like edward elric, because i'm short, have blonde hair, and i'm an agnostic (although i love milk)
    Well I'd say several anime characters for me;

Uchiha Madara because I have similar facial features to the younger Madara, and I kinda want to take over the world >.>

Bellamy because I can be vain, selfish, and a bit evil. Plus my natural hair color is blonde, and I usually had short hair. (Right now it's dyed black, and long)

Tatsuhiro Satō because I'm a hikikomori, and also a eroge player.

I know you said anime character, and not characters, but I have yet to find one I'm completly like. So I said 3 that I'm like, hope that's okay.

Yeah that's what I meant.
    oh

Yeah, it wouldn't. And she's a legend THESE days, back when she got the role in 1989 she was no legend.
    oh

Really? Wow. All three of them are awesome. Outlaw Star especially.
    oh (XD)

I know you said anime character, and not characters, but I have yet to find one I'm completly like. So I said 3 that I'm like, hope that's okay.
    that's fine, w/e. i didn't exactly say i wanted specifically 1 character anyway

also, do you by any chance watch abridged series (or even know what they are?) if you don't it's fine. i just had a question if you do

oh

oh

oh (XD)

that's fine, w/e. i didn't exactly say i wanted specifically 1 character anyway

also, do you by any chance watch abridged series (or even know what they are?) if you don't it's fine. i just had a question if you do
    xD at all the 'oh''s.

And I don't watch any like watch it as soon as a new episode comes out or anything, but I have seen episodes of a couple. Those being; Bakuten Shoot Beyblade Abridged, Yu-Gi-Oh! Abridged, and Higurashi Abridged.

I don't watch any like watch it as soon as a new episode comes out or anything, but I have seen episodes of a couple. Those being; Bakuten Shoot Beyblade Abridged, Yu-Gi-Oh! Abridged, and Higurashi Abridged.
    well, like i said, my friend and i are working on the script of the first episode of our one piece: the abridged series. we're really hoping it won't turn out like one of those random anime abridged series that no one watches, y'know, ones like fma abridged. none of them are known at all. we'll probably still continue the series even if it doesn't get any attention, but we'd like it to get a little notice at least. anyways, do you think i should post the script here to get some feedback?

(btw, here's the opening we might use: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMX08V8stng) yes, this is posted on my youtube account. watch some of my videos. do it. NOWWWWW *demonic stare*

well, like i said, my friend and i are working on the script of the first episode of our one piece: the abridged series. we're really hoping it won't turn out like one of those random anime abridged series that no one watches, y'know, ones like fma abridged. none of them are known at all. we'll probably still continue the series even if it doesn't get any attention, but we'd like it to get a little notice at least. anyways, do you think i should post the script here to get some feedback?

(btw, here's the opening we might use: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMX08V8stng) yes, this is posted on my youtube account. watch some of my videos. do it. NOWWWWW *demonic stare*
    It might be a good idea to post the script, but then you could make a trailer episode-type thing (not a pilot) to give some examples of voice, and script and such within it as opposed to posting the script. Just a suggestion though.

Not a bad intro, I'll have a look at your other videos in a bit, right now my internet is being a bitch and going on me like crazy.

okay, thanks. i think i'll put the script in. honestly, that's one of the reasons i came onto this website today

also, thanks about watching my videos. if i were to make a suggestion, i'd say these are some of my better videos (this is totally not a shameless plug for my youtube videos ):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sksKezFdBBg
    one of my better amvs. craptastic youtube quality, and even the original quality sucked, but it's still one of my best edited amvs so far...huh...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q24PKexXJwo
    another good amv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUzU7AHQEew
    really cool trailer i made for this naruto rp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaDYnYCErFk
    a comedic twist on the super smash bros brawl trailer from e3 last year

okay, thanks. i think i'll put the script in. honestly, that's one of the reasons i came onto this website today

also, thanks about watching my videos. if i were to make a suggestion, i'd say these are some of my better videos (this is totally not a shameless plug for my youtube videos ):
    Nothing wrong with shameless plugs. =P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sksKezFdBBg
    one of my better amvs. craptastic youtube quality, and even the original quality sucked, but it's still one of my best edited amvs so far...huh...
    Pretty good, but may I suggest if you want higher quality clips to work with go to KH-vids.net, they have every cutscene in high quality. Back when I started making AMVs in 2006, I made KH AMVs and used clips from their site.

Pretty good. And if you don't mind my asking, where did you get the SE cutscene clips? Ever since I played the game I've wanted to make a AMV with SE clips..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUzU7AHQEew
    really cool trailer i made for this naruto rp
    Also pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaDYnYCErFk
    a comedic twist on the super smash bros brawl trailer from e3 last year
    Funny, and awesome. My only complaint is you added Jackie Chan but no Bruce Lee. D=

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information