+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 316 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakuman

A Great King, somewhere! Captain Brooke's Avatar

Default Re: Bakuman ( by deathnote creators)

cool, hope it's translated soon!

I'm waiting for this series to reveal its true colors and be something more than the dime-a-dozen 'I wanna be a mangaka!' manga. If anyone can pull it off it's this duo.

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I'm waiting for this series to reveal its true colors and be something more than the dime-a-dozen 'I wanna be a mangaka!' manga. If anyone can pull it off it's this duo.
    Iono Greg. This seems to be as close to the "real world" as possible, I am definitely not expecting something supernatural like Death Note, but maybe some better storylines than just becoming a mangaka could happen.

P.S. Belated Congratulations on getting married.

and one more thing: Chapter is out on mangahelpers by SleepyFans
    direct link http://www.mediafire.com/?4t00hrql2ck

I wonder what kind of manga they'll make. That's probably where the interesting storyline will take place. Probably a manga inside a manga. The storyline will most likely be shonen action adventure from what they were saying, but it'll be cool to see what ideas Shuto and Saiko " aka Ohba and Obata" come up with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Stay focused, cause right now you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what hes lost, or a man looking forward, to what he might become?

Neat chapter, I liked the fact that they actually referenced ashita no joe.
    Member of Negima is Super Awesome
    MY YOUTUBE channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mcwhirlpoolinc?feature=mhee

This manga is getting better and better,I think.

Good chapter, i know that the characters are 15 but can they get a anime in 3 years?

Kamen Rider OOOs

I've been enjoying the manga so far. Has a lot of promise, and I can't wait to see where it goes. Also, the faces that the characters make are gosh darn hilarious.

I'm definitely enjoying this. This seems to be really straight-forward, yet sympathetic. It's almost like these guys are writing an autobiography about their lives in the professional world of manga.

This is definitely shaping up to be a better "how to" guide than any of those dumb "How to Draw Manga" books.

This has a lot of promise, though I can't get over the main character being so similar in appearance to Near. I guess I will eventually.

Anyway, liked the mention of One Piece, Bleach and Naruto. Why did he mention Gintama, too? Is Gintama #4 in sales?
    I called it wrong, so long ago. I guess this needs to be changed.

love the series already I think it's new and different, and it's the first manga in a long time that I liek to read that doesn't have fighting in it. xD

Quote Originally Posted by "Fire Fist" Ace View Post
    This has a lot of promise, though I can't get over the main character being so similar in appearance to Near. I guess I will eventually.

Anyway, liked the mention of One Piece, Bleach and Naruto. Why did he mention Gintama, too? Is Gintama #4 in sales?
    He mentioned it because it has swords in it. And while I don't know the sales rankings, Gintama is very very popular.

I'm waiting to see if they tackle shoujo at all. There are men involved in the shoujo world, Junichi Sato being one of them, as he was the director/producer behind Sailor Moon, Magic Users Club, Kaleido Star, and Princess Tutu. (okay, that's anime, but close enough).

Then again, they might not have to get involved themselves, if they decided to introduce an aspiring female manga-ka into the mix.

I really do hope that there is something more to this than meets the eye.

I hope a big plot twist comes from left feild and kicks us in the ass, because as of right now it seems a little too striaght forward. Which isn't bad ofcourse, I mean look at One Piece, but anyways, yeah. :P

I allways thought the only guys who draw shoujo manga are the hopeless romantic type's.
    Member of Negima is Super Awesome
    MY YOUTUBE channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mcwhirlpoolinc?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by GEPPETTOSMONSTER View Post
    I allways thought the only guys who draw shoujo manga are the hopeless romantic type's.
    Nay sir. The author of Himitsu no Akko-chan also wrote Tensai Bakabon, a SEMINAL gag manga series. He also recently passed away by the by. A number of authors, Oda included, paid him their respects in the JUMP ToC a week back.

Reading the posts in this thread convinced me to read the first three chapters and I'm really glad I did. The idea, visuals, characters and humour are all very much to my liking.

I especially enjoy Tamaki's antics, he is probably my favourite character of the bunch for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by "Fire Fist" Ace View Post
    Do you really think that matters?

Let's take a look at this sales chart... nope, can't reference that series EVER.

http://members15.tsukaeru.net/hamada.../jump2008.html
    Gintama ranks 6th-7th. So it's part of the "Below the big 3" group. With Eyeshield, Toriko, and Reborn. Toriko's pretty new, but it's been consistantly high. It looks like a Jojo sorta manga...

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

Raw is out on mangahelpers. I was reading the thread on their forums and got a gist of something that happens in the chapter.

Spoiler:
    I actually did suspect that Azuki's mom was or was related to Saiko's uncle's love. It's just the kind of gooey storyline that makes me think this manga's storyline is simple. I'll wait for a translation or scanslation come out to see how this chapter completely turns out and a couple more chapters to see where this manga goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Stay focused, cause right now you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what hes lost, or a man looking forward, to what he might become?

Quote Originally Posted by Solar Knight View Post
    Do you really think that matters?

Let's take a look at this sales chart... nope, can't reference that series EVER.
    Don't be a jerk, it was just a question. There's hundreds of series to reference, It's not a coincidence that they referenced the top three (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece). I was just curious why they referenced Gintama as well.

And thanks Kewl, for clearing that up. It would make sense to reference it then, since Reborn only has a few characters with swords (Yamamoto, Squallo) and Eyeshield is about football (and they bashed sports manga, for some reason).
    I called it wrong, so long ago. I guess this needs to be changed.

They didn't bash all sports manga, they just said that really good/popular sports manga are rare. ES21 would be considered one of the exceptions.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information