+ Reply to Thread
Page 247 of 316 FirstFirst ... 147 197 237 245 246 247 248 249 257 297 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,940 of 6319

Thread: Bakuman

Default Re: Bakuman

Read the chapter: Mixed feelings. First up, Niizuma is awesome, where would we be without him, that's my favorite part of the chapter. Second up... Nanamine. I'm not sure how to feel about him. I agree it feels a bit too soon and I also thought he was going to ride the happy train. I actually wouldn't be too surprised if by the end Nanamine stopped being an asshole joined "Team Fukuda" just like Iwase but regardless. Still I think it's possible Ohba does in fact want there to be a giant battle for the fate of the world... of manga, between Ashirogi, Niizuma and Nanamine and I'm definitely down with that idea.

On the subject of Panty Flash Fight (what a glorious title) I agree, Ohba is trying too hard to convince us "IT'S THE GREATEST THING EVAR!!! XDD!!!" Which is kind of annoying. But I'm still giving Bakuman the benefit of the doubt, after all it seems like PFF won't really be that important in the longrun (we can only hope).
    My Hero Academia is my favorite manga series right now. At least so long as the high of its greatness remains. United States of Smash.

Convince yourselves Panty Fight will be the next thing from Gainax, if that makes it any easier to accept. Add "garterbelt" to the title if you must.

Ironically, Nanamine is basically just making his own magazine at this point. He could just go to a publisher and have it printed and the effect would be largely the same... he's actually doing a lot of reasonable and *professional* amount of market testing and editorial.. the problem is he's being insane and vindictive while doing it.
    Last edited by Robby; August 7th, 2011 at 08:53 AM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

So the mysterious guy was Nanamine,seems to me this bit of stall.
    It was ok chapter,dont know what the auhor plans to do with Nanamine.

King of One Piece Parody Sonic Youth's Avatar

What the hell is with Nanamine and Jump!? Nobody cares you silly boy...
    Who exactly is Mumbo?
    It's OFFICIAL, UsoppXNami 4ever.

Nanamine back so soon? Alright. I guess Ohba and Obata really missed Light.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JustinianFlynn

I actually wasn't thinking it was Nanamine again until the very end where it says "Nanamine reboots" because all the panels he's on are quite different from the last, I mean, his face and expressions are always changing so I thought it was possible to be a "really alike Nanamine guy".

The overall chapter was good, Nizuma was priceless and the irony of "recycling is good" was incredible and the "treating everything as disposables is not good" was a nice hit too.
    I like Nanamine since he showed up for the first time, so yeah, here's me aswell hoping for an "all out war for the number one manga in the world" with him and his company on it. As long as I ignore the absurdity of his father buying all this for him and the profit being really now for a long time, it's cool... and he really should of just make his own magazine, as Urouge said.

I too refused to believe it was Nanamine despite the hair looking like his. "Next time, I'll win for sure with a brand new method." I didn't think it'd lead to something even more crooked. And whichever chapter D-kun's avatar is from, made it look like he did turn over a new leaf. o.o

I don't like this feeling but this is kinda getting boring to me, I hope it picks up.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Convince yourselves Panty Fight will be the next thing from Gainax, if that makes it any easier to accept. Add "garterbelt" to the title if you must
    Nice try.

It's like Ikkitousen, only good. It plays with a bunch of genre conventions; an all-female fighting manga absurdly focused on the AVOIDANCE of panty flashing?

What is hard to understand about how this would be popular in Japan?

There are like, 3 seasons and 18 billion Kanu Unchou figurines to attest to its potential for success, and while I do think they're trying to oversell Panty Flash Fight, I also don't think it's hard, at ALL, to see how it can be a major success.

I mean, you guys have been reading and watching manga and anime for years.

This is Japan we're talking about here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

Well, objectively I don't have any trouble believing that this series would do really well in Japan, but subjectively, and personally, I just can't imagine it being all that good, truly. It's a kneejerk reaction to the general theme having to do with the parts of the anime/manga culture that I find highly trite and needless.

As for Nanamine...I guess having a rich father explains how he was able to afford that really nice studio from before. But even still, I can't imagine this new arrangement being anything other than a massive unprofitable moneysink in the long run, especially since it's doomed to fail.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post

This is Japan we're talking about here.
    Well, I'll take it at that. It still very a forced plot device even by Japan's perverted standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    Well, objectively I don't have any trouble believing that this series would do really well in Japan, but subjectively, and personally, I just can't imagine it being all that good, truly. It's a kneejerk reaction to the general theme having to do with the parts of the anime/manga culture that I find highly trite and needless.

As for Nanamine...I guess having a rich father explains how he was able to afford that really nice studio from before. But even still, I can't imagine this new arrangement being anything other than a massive unprofitable moneysink in the long run, especially since it's doomed to fail.
    Yep, I also believe the main reason it'll go down is because none of them (the accredited writer and Nanamine's company) will earn any substantial income.

I do have to admit, while I'm fine with Panty Fight being popular and having a ton of potential...

Nanamine having a massive organization of evil writers and unlimited funds is... really pushing it just a bit, for a series that's supposed to be all realistic and stuff. Certainley the way it was presented here at any rate.

Its kind of like when they introduced a super elaborate escape plan evil orginzation that put a death note on a ROCKET to get it away from the heroes. A lot of the credibility started sliding away.

I hope they don't go too far down this particular road, I love this series too much to watch it turn into a total farce that has nothing to do with what its supposed to be.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

@Robby: while I do understand where ure coming at, I find it kinda interesting to see where this goes. This arc is basically Nanamine's past plan being done correctly (by correctly I mean having all these ghost writers and monitors, etc. on salary to have their commitment). Its more of a "what if" situation instead of real-life situation, so I'm still interested to see how this plays out.

Though, I'd still prefer to see Ashirogi Muto actually progressing somewhere with their manga or their new title.

Off-topic. I'm actually curious about Ninja High School, is there somewhere I can go to see it? Just want to see a few pages to see whats its about

Ahahahahaha at the clueless posts on this thread.

Let's roll the camera back to 1973

You: Cutey Honey sounds so cringingly stupid!
    You: Yeah, it would never sell with a name like this!
    You: Someone convince me how this could be a good manga? It's disgusting!

Dammit Aohige. Now the Honey FLASH! theme song is going to be stuck in my head for hours.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Dammit Aohige. Now the Honey FLASH! theme song is going to be stuck in my head for hours.
    Good!

The Cutey Honey theme is great no matter its incarnation~

Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

Baaaaaaastaaaaaard.

The only issue I have with Nanamine's elaborate plan is that he has the funds to start his own magazine but doesn't...

There's a break in logic for someone that has an issue with giving up control, and accepting higher authority telling him his methods are flawed to put such funding into a conquest of Jump, where he would still be under the editors control.

If he just made his own magazine, he could use whatever method he'd like, be his own boss and have ten times the glory as a young entrepreneur that Eiji and Ashirogi have.

Aside from that, I still enjoy that the story finally has a villain.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information