+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 316 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakuman

Yangzter Pirates Captain Yangzter027's Avatar

Default Re: Bakuman ( by deathnote creators)

Man..this is GOOD! Whoever thought a story about making mangas would make a good manga

YANGZTER PIRATES UNITE!
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Puma View Post
    I really liked it, funny that the manga Saikos uncle made look like Tottemo Luckyman, either a hint of Ohba being Hiroshi Gamo or just a joke of that rumour.
    Yeah, the hints of Ohba being Gamo continue to be solidified: not only did he make a "Luckyman" ripoff but mentioned that "he made two other manga before his death": Gamo had two other series that died quick deaths after his successful one (Boku wa Shonen Tantei Dan, Bakabakashino) prior to Ohba appearing with DN.

I read it...may wait a while to see if it catches but its not bad so far.
    Y'know, Negima WAS awesome...
    For the first 18 volumes.

Yeah Check out dess Guns sasuke6000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Zenigame View Post
    Dude.

This is fucking GOLD.

Many thanks to Sasuke6000 for making this topic, I would have completely passed this over if you hadn't brought it to my attention. XD

Thank you for your kind words

I like it. It's better then most of then new crap that comes in jump nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.allsunday
    Nice job jumping on the bandwagon there Aethos, I can only wish I was as cool as you

Carcharodon Piledriver Crossword's Avatar

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I liked it because it kind of reminds me of when I was a kid and wanted to be a newspaper cartoonist. Was there another Dragonball reference other than the one at the end? Cause I didn't notice any others.

The marriage thing came off as a bit creepy, but I'm definitely onboard for the rest of the run.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

I really liked this first chapter - I plan on following it in the future. I only read death note a few months ago, but I really liked it - it seems much different than many of the other series in Jump. I have a feeling this one will be similar.

Most of the other manga about mangaka are pretty gag-related it seems. Actually there is a shoujo/josei series "spicy pink" that is fairly typical of that genre. It's monthly however, so the series hasn't progressed much.

Glad to see many others here liked Bakuman though :)

fairly decent

but when I first saw the update section of One Manga I was expecting something more

instead of a manga about mangaka

I found it funny. The funniest part, as another said, about him screaming will you marry me.

This story's rather funny/odd. I like it, I love how his determination changes when the hottest girl in school says she'd marry him.

I can definitely relate, I'm a slave pretty faces. So I rofl'd hard.
    if you want to check out my game progress: http://soggybreadgm.tumblr.com/

Read the first chapter. Looks like this is shaping up to be a very good manga. I can relate to Mashiro (or whatever his name is) as I too want to make comic books/manga but I lack the motivation. The marriage thing was certainly unexpected, but I'm a hopeless romantic so I found it heartwarming. I think this series is going to be much more upbeat than Deathnote.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

I like the series, but I think it might be sort of interesting if the manga sometimes had guest appearances from people like Oda or Kubo or Toriyama. Probably not in the beginning, but it would be cool if the main characters got inspirated from actual mangakas.

Sounds fun, I'll go read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moria View Post
    I like the series, but I think it might be sort of interesting if the manga sometimes had guest appearances from people like Oda or Kubo or Toriyama. Probably not in the beginning, but it would be cool if the main characters got inspirated from actual mangakas.
    that would be hard

Just finished reading it. That was pretty damn good! Looking forward to future chapters, it's a series which speaks to me due to me wanting to be a comic author.

A Great King, somewhere! Captain Brooke's Avatar

Man, this manga was poppin' (great), really hyped about the next chapter coming out....and like King Ty mentioned, it's great how it's sorta set in our time period, but I wonder if there will be supernatural stuff like in Death Note??? Anyway, cool maga, can't wait for the next chapter!

hey that was pretty good. obata's art doesn't seem to be at his best but he's still pretty amazing at drawing cute girls.

and the story might turn out into something really good, let's wait how things are going to turn out.

It's too bad that there's no Weekly Shonen Jump this week.We have to wait for chapter 2 until next week.

Quote Originally Posted by bunshindattebayo View Post
    It's too bad that there's no Weekly Shonen Jump this week.We have to wait for chapter 2 until next week.
    No, that was in this week's Jump (which comes out on Mondays). Next week there won't be an issue, but the following week there will. You internet folk are spoiled by early leaks...

*reads Jump in convenience stores without buying*
    Co-Translator, Podcast Regular, and Man-in-Japan at Kanzenshuu, your authoritative Dragon Ball online resource

So, in ways you're no better than us, except we got a desk chair in front of a bright monitor to read it on. XD

And yeah, now that someone's mentioned it... wonder if the story will experience some plot twist and actually become a shonen... probably not. I think it's gonna stay true to itself and not be very long.

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyaJedi View Post
    No, that was in this week's Jump (which comes out on Mondays). Next week there won't be an issue, but the following week there will. You internet folk are spoiled by early leaks...

*reads Jump in convenience stores without buying*
    Oh,so there will be a WSJ this week?Thank God.

Thank you for the info,SaiyaJedi.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information