+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Batman: Brave and the Bold

Lady Gaga? Take notes. Rebecky_Mo's Avatar

Default Re: Batman: Brave and the Bold (Teaser released)

Yeah, Booster is pretty popular with fans, especially when he and Blue Beetle get to team up. Fans might've maimed the JLU writers if Booster didn't get a moment. xD

Shining Knight and Vigilante were my two favorite non-'original seven' League members, even before they had thier times to shine in Hunter's Moon and Patriot Act (a favorite episode). They just seemed interesting to me, had stories to tell, and I'm glad the writers took time to show them. Kinda wish we'd seen some of Crimson Fox though, we really only saw her in the first episode of JLU in the crowd. She seemed cool, though her power might've been hard to work with storywise.

But getting back to Brave and the Bold (we've been a smidge off-topic, kinda-sorta... xD;), it's interesting we'll be seeing Red Tornado in it, of all heros. We haven't seen alot of him in the 'toons so far, so this could become HIS moment to gain some new fans.

The only thing that makes me angry about this (since I just read the interviews from Comic-con for this):

They don't want to use established animated characters in this and no batman villains.

Meaning:

No Joker
    No Teen Titans

^^
    WTF?! They BOTH were in Brave and the Bold (TT debuted there and Batman and Joker TEAMED UP in B&tB). That's...pretty stupid.

EDIT: Oh yeah, they said no Robin, Alfred, Nightwing, minimal gotham, and no JLA)

As sad as that sounds, on the one hand it will introduce viewers to other DC characters, I guess Batman's only in there to attract viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by tonitonichopper View Post
    Yeah he was. I never saw that much character out of him in the 90's show.
    Batman in The Animated Series is Batman in Justice League is Bruce in Batman Beyond. It's the same character; he just goes through phases.

In general, Batman in the DCAU seems to go back and forth between being more mellow and keeping a sense of humor about things, and being a humorless, driven, at times even slightly crazy man. This largely seems to have to do with the company he keeps at the time; the more "social" he's being, the nicer the person less of an asshole he is, and that's at its peak in Justice League. Then Tim Drake quits is forced to quit his group after the Joker's mind-rape incident, Bruce has an ill-advised affair with Barbara Gordon, and Batman quits the Justice League. After fighting on alone in Gotham for some time, he finally hangs up the cape and cowl for good when his heart starts giving him trouble. The Bruce that Terry McGinnis finds is of the "bitter and resigned, yet still driven and slightly crazy" variety, though he succeeds in bringing back some of his old sense of humor for a while.

Aaaaand now back to talking about this new show with the campy '60s character designs but decent action sequences:

I think the lack of the Joker in this new series may also be a good thing: after Heath Ledger's turn as the character in The Dark Knight, the characterization on the show would either come off as stupid and trite (if of the silly variety) or not living up to the bar set by other Batman media (if played straight). I mean, the bar was already set high enough by Mark Hamill's interpretation in The Animated Series, then The Dark Knight makes you realize just why the other villains in the comics are afraid of him.

I do, however, demand an intercontinuity crossover featuring Batmen from The Animated Series, The Batman, the '60s Adam West version (probably identical in appearance to the one in this series, if not in as good shape), the Frank Miller nutcase, Tim Burton's brooding Batman, Joel Schumacher's ambiguously gay take, and of course, the one from the Nolanverse. ...That's not too much to ask, is it?
    Last edited by SaiyaJedi; August 18th, 2008 at 09:29 AM.
    Co-Translator, Podcast Regular, and Man-in-Japan at Kanzenshuu, your authoritative Dragon Ball online resource

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyaJedi View Post
    Then Tim Drake quits his group after the Joker's mind-rape,
    It wasn't the mind rape that made him quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandai Mera View Post
    It wasn't the mind rape that made him quit.
    Wasn't it?

Or do you mean that since he killed the Joker, he violated Batman's One Rule™ and thus had to go?
    Co-Translator, Podcast Regular, and Man-in-Japan at Kanzenshuu, your authoritative Dragon Ball online resource

Bruce wouldn't let him return after what Joker did so he left.

Apparently the main Green Lantern in the show is gonna be-

But I thought toy man's in it, who else has a duck with machine guns?! It's in the trailer, why is he not confirmed. O_o
    if you want to check out my game progress: http://soggybreadgm.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by pyromonki View Post
    But I thought toy man's in it, who else has a duck with machine guns?! It's in the trailer, why is he not confirmed. O_o
    Toyman is a Superman villain i read in a interview that Superman would not appear in the show,Clock King has Clock theme gadgets that makes sense since it's a Cuckoo clock with guns,I found a website of Batman Brave and Bold nothing new but you see The Atom and it's the Ryan Choi version not Ray Palmer
    http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/tv_sho...man/index.html

Kamen Rider OOOs

this looks rather promising
    Member of Negima is Super Awesome
    MY YOUTUBE channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mcwhirlpoolinc?feature=mhee

Likes the way you smile =D Retro's Avatar

Not like he never fought in water before, side this is comics stuff where logic goes bye-bye.
    Get nuts or go crazy trying.

Somehow I know the show may or may not be good but the opening reminded me a lot of..."The Tick". Don't ask me why but I started humming the animated series' theme (Dum dwee ba ba ba dwee da) while listening to this OP.
    Y'know, Negima WAS awesome...
    For the first 18 volumes.

Now there's a cartoon that they should remake.
    Member of Negima is Super Awesome
    MY YOUTUBE channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mcwhirlpoolinc?feature=mhee

We got a sneak peak of Batman Brave and Bold on CN Video
    http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/video/...1cfc1c1dc90004
    and we got information on the first 3 episodes
    Spoiler:
    episode 1 will have Batman teams up with Blue Beetle and Green Arrow
    Episode 2 will have Batman teams up with Plasticman and they fight Gorilla Grodd
    Episode 3 Batman teams up with Aquaman and they fight Black Manta and Ocean Master
    Last edited by HEATXZ; October 25th, 2008 at 08:44 PM.

Kamen Rider OOOs

Spoiler:
    Damn I was hoping at Blue Beetle stays on for later eps. :/

Spoiler:
    Actually i heard that some DC Heroes will have more appearances in episodes, James Around Taylor who plays Green Arrow said in a interview that Green Arrow appears in a half a dozen episodes(Here's the interview)http://www.legionsofgotham.org/TOONS...interview.html
    So Blue Beetle or Any other DC Hero might appear in more episodes

Kamen Rider OOOs

That's good to hear. Either way I feel like I'll REALLY enjoy this series, more so than Logan & Obligatory Supporting Cast.

Bumping cuz there are 3 days till the series starts.
    GET FREAKING HYPE!

BTW I noticed that
    Spoiler:
    Bronze Tiger is in the show as a villain. Kinda find it odd since he seems more of a good guy actually :P
    For the record BT literally kicked Batman's ass in this one story from years back, here's the panel to prove it-

^
    I can see why they'd portray him as a bad guy, though.

Have you been reading the current JLA series? If so, you'll know what I mean.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information