Closed Thread
Page 500 of 500 FirstFirst ... 400 450 490 498 499 500
Results 9,981 to 10,000 of 10000

Thread: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

  1. #9981

    Default Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

    Quote Originally Posted by RamistaR View Post
    Yohohohok! I have an other question about Stone Ocean
    Spoiler:
    Laxatives dripping from the string

    Edit: probs more what kage said but dunno, guess the metals were the laxatives?
    Last edited by Purple Hermit; May 19th, 2015 at 09:25 AM.

  2. #9982

    Default Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

    Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Spoiler:
    Basically, she made her eat a coin or part of it.

    Already on Stone Ocean huh? Good Luck with that.

    What did you think about King Crimson btw?
    Here is my interpretation
    Spoiler:
    he has two different powers. It was pretty hard to understand at first because the boss never says clearly "I have two different powers".
    -First power is to see the future, he can only see 10 seconds in the future. He can use this power as Doppio and Diavolo.
    -Second power, more complicated, can only be used in his Diavolo form. He choses a period of time (ten seconds max), and he erases it. Everyone but the boss will lose their memories of what happened. Physical injuries inflicted during this period will disappear. The environment destroyed is fixed aswell.
    However if someone or something moves during this period, his final position isn't erased. That's why our heroes feel like they teleported.
    This ability affects the entire universe. However, the range of his stand's punch is only 2 meters (like Star Platinum chan)
    But King Crimson doesn't lose his memory, so he can make use of this "teleportation" effect while everyone else is desoriented.

    Now, did I understand the entirety of what Araki drew ? That's an other story...

  3. #9983

    Default Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

    Already on Stone Ocean? Man, that was fast.

    SO starts slow, but it just gets better and better each volume. By the end it is already one of the best parts (in my opinion).

  4. #9984

    Default Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

    By the way, someone told me that I shouldn't expect much from Vento Aureo. But I really liked it, not as much as DIU though.
    A few weird things that didn't really bothered me, on the contrary it was fun:
    Spoiler:
    -Fugo used his stand once and vanished from the story in a very anticlimactic way
    -Most of Mysta's bullets ended up in his own body
    -Those criminals know many weird things

    My favorite stand of this part is Viscous Fingers. Metallica and Spice Girl are pretty cool too.

  5. #9985

    Default Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

    All parts of Joey JoJo Jr. Shabadoo are great, but some parts are considerably weaker in comparison to other parts. Vento Aureo's main weakness is having Giorno be an underdeveloped protag GioGio and Diavolo being a weakly developed antagonist. But on the other hand you do have Bruno and the rest of the gang

    But of course, it's all pretty subjective.

  6. #9986
    Indiscriminate Grappler Gokuyuske's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA

    Default Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

    Yeah the main protagonist and antagonist are pretty weak, but Bruno is great and some of the fights are fantastic. Love the Purple Haze one in particular.

  7. #9987

    Default Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

    Quote Originally Posted by RamistaR View Post
    -Fugo used his stand once and vanished from the story in a very anticlimactic way
    He vanished because Purple Haze was just too OP. Araki himself said this.

  8. #9988

    Default Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

    Diavolo was the only character in JoJo that I actually hated. Then I reread Vento Aureo and he magically became my favorite character from that part. What do you know?
    So now my only problems with Part 5 are Giorno and the fact a promising intricated arc ended up being just a sequence of fights with almost no plot.

  9. #9989

    Default Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

    I don't think any jojo part is bad but 5 is definitley the weakest of all the stand related parts. Part 1 is the weakest of them all

  10. #9990
    Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Middleton, ID

    Default Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

    Quote Originally Posted by black-leg jex View Post
    I don't think any jojo part is bad but 5 is definitley the weakest of all the stand related parts. Part 1 is the weakest of them all
    I'm probably going to have an unpopular opinion here in that I felt 4 was the weakest of the Stand parts. There was very little story movement and the fact that it all took place in one city made the monster of the week nature of Jojo FAR too pronounced. In contrast part 8, which has similarities to these aspects, also has an ongoing mystery with Josuke and the Higashikata clan that's always in the background driving events.

    Part 4 mostly had the characters feeling like they were going about their days without much concern about the overall plot and only occasionally stumbling onto a lead towards the bow & arrow and Kira
    Last edited by sgamer82; May 19th, 2015 at 01:50 PM.

    Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

  11. #9991

    Default Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure



    To celebrate the final page of the thread.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

  12. #9992

    Default Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

    HAPPY 500TH PAGE JOJO



    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by RamistaR View Post
    By the way, someone told me that I shouldn't expect much from Vento Aureo. But I really liked it, not as much as DIU though.
    A few weird things that didn't really bothered me, on the contrary it was fun:
    Spoiler:
    -Fugo used his stand once and vanished from the story in a very anticlimactic way
    -Most of Mysta's bullets ended up in his own body
    -Those criminals know many weird things

    My favorite stand of this part is Viscous Fingers. Metallica and Spice Girl are pretty cool too.

    That was me.
    I was a bit disappointed by it because:
    Spoiler:

    1- Part 4 was amazing, and Part 5 felt a bit like a return to part 3, which I saw as "Araki is figuring out how this episodes model thing works", so basically, a regression.
    2- GioGio is not a very strong protagonist in terms of presence. He gets easily overshadowed by Bruno and Mista, and even Narancia, although maybe thatīs the entire point.
    3- If SDC was go from place A to place B, then VA is go from place A to place B to place C. That felt oversimplistic, even for Araki.
    4- Also, most of the secondary villains didnīt felt as unique as the ones in other parts, with some exceptions.


    I will admit, however, that it had incredible fights and Stands.
    + The battle in the train and battle of Rome are masterpieces.

    About Fugo, Araki give him some redemption in a novel called "Purple Haze Feedback". You might want to try it out later.
    Personally Iīve never read it for some reason.

    Also, Viscous Fingers? Learning something from the americans?

  13. #9993
    Blue Popo Speeddasher01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas

    Default Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

    Happy 500th page

    There is no hope for Fairy Tail

  14. #9994

    Default Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure


  15. #9995

    Default Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

    CONGREGATE TO CELEBRATE!


  16. #9996
    Sweet Home Chicago Cyan D. Funk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Huxley U.

    Default Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

    Other Manga/Anime > Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Thread II: Your Stand is Like Your Asshole

  17. #9997
    Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Middleton, ID

    Default Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    Other Manga/Anime > Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Thread II: Your Stand is Like Your Asshole
    I disagree. We WANT everyone to see the new Jojo thread

    Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

  18. #9998

    Default Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

    Just call it Battle Tendency.

  19. #9999
    Terminally Apathetic y2kyle89's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where I went, there I was

    Default Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

    Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Thread II: In the Court of the Crimson King
    Quote Originally Posted by John Adams
    I have always been dissatisfied, I know that. But lately I find I reek of discontentment; it fills my throat and floods my brain. Sometimes I fear there's no longer a dream but only the discontentment.

  20. #10000

    Default Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure



    Last edited by Purple Hermit; May 20th, 2015 at 08:48 AM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts