Closed Thread
Page 455 of 500 FirstFirst ... 355 405 445 453 454 455 456 457 465 ... LastLast
Results 9,081 to 9,100 of 10000

Thread: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

  1. #9081

    Default Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

    Quote Originally Posted by Nidhoeggr View Post
    Told you so, ike.
    Also, Enya looks suprisingly good on this cover.
    Yeah, you were right and I'm kinda glad you were. They turned a half-decent fight into one of the best single-episode battles yet.
    This adaptation has been incredible.

  2. #9082
    Voici La Chévre Wagomu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Location

    Default Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

    In my dreams, old man Joseph is voiced by Randy Savage. Also in my dreams, Randy Savage is alive.

    3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

  3. #9083

    Default Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

    for a 17 years old jotaro is so damn cool

  4. #9084
    Division Commander Daz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Limbo

    Default Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

    I hope Walk Like An Egyptian sticks around as the ending theme for the entire run, and is just updated with new animation...but thats just due to me having developed a personal fondness for the song.

    Because two weeks ago, I was whisked away for my Stag party by my friends. We dressed up as a troupe of wheres Waldos, and hauled some crates of beer around town in the scorching heat. One of my friends had bought a ghettoblaster, another had made a playlist, and as we walked on through the heat suddenly "Walk like an Egyptian" fires up. I flail around giddily down the street, turn to my friend, and confirms that indeed the song is on the playlist because JoJo is fucking awesome and the song is awesome.
    /Nerdy anecdote.

    A small, silly thing, but sometimes its just so pleasing to see how well your friends can know you. And thinking back to that day, Walk Like An Egyptian is the Soundtrack immortalized in my head. So yeah, I personally don't mind it sticking around.

  5. #9085

    Default Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

    I'm still putting my money on Holy Diver. No particular reason and no connection to the Egypt theme which "Egypt" could fit. It's pretty much the only option that I feel is best, in part thanks to AntFish.

  6. #9086

    Default Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

    is it true the anime is taking a break?

  7. #9087

    Default Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

    Yeah, I believe so, check out the details here: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...rusaders-anime

  8. #9088

    Default Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

    I think I just figured out how they're gonna end the first half of Stardust Crusaders. Probably THE perfect moment to go on break.

    I think the rest of the season will go like this:

    Episode 19: Death 13 - Part 1 [Chapters 168-170]
    Episode 20: Death 13 - Part 2 [Chapters 171-173]
    Episode 21: Judgement - Part 1 [Chapters 174-176]
    Episode 22: Judgement - Part 2 [Chapters 177-178]
    Episode 23: High Priestess [Chapters 179-181]
    Episode 24: The Fool [Chapters 182-183, & 6 pages of 184]

    It should include Iggy's intro chapter because that's MOSTLY a self-contained little bit. We are introduced to Iggy, he shows off his powers by attacking Polnareff, and it ends with them calming him and moving on into Egypt. By going a bit into Chapter 184, you can end with them learning that they only have two weeks left before Holly dies, and that there are 9 more Stand Users for them to fight thanks to the Speedwagon foundation's information. That way, we have a nice summation of what's going to happen when the show resumes and it's wrapped up in a nice little bow.

    They can also tease N'Doul if they want, but don't go so far as to show the Helicopter he downed. That would be too much of a cliffhanger without a payoff coming the following week.

    Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 • Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

  9. #9089

    Default Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

    so how long is the break?

  10. #9090

    Default Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

    Tha anime will come back in Winter 2015, that's the first two weeks of January.

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    I think I just figured out how they're gonna end the first half of Stardust Crusaders. Probably THE perfect moment to go on break.

    I think the rest of the season will go like this:

    Episode 19: Death 13 - Part 1 [Chapters 168-170]
    Episode 20: Death 13 - Part 2 [Chapters 171-173]
    Episode 21: Judgement - Part 1 [Chapters 174-176]
    Episode 22: Judgement - Part 2 [Chapters 177-178]
    Episode 23: High Priestess [Chapters 179-181]
    Episode 24: The Fool [Chapters 182-183, & 6 pages of 184]

    It should include Iggy's intro chapter because that's MOSTLY a self-contained little bit. We are introduced to Iggy, he shows off his powers by attacking Polnareff, and it ends with them calming him and moving on into Egypt. By going a bit into Chapter 184, you can end with them learning that they only have two weeks left before Holly dies, and that there are 9 more Stand Users for them to fight thanks to the Speedwagon foundation's information. That way, we have a nice summation of what's going to happen when the show resumes and it's wrapped up in a nice little bow.


    They can also tease N'Doul if they want, but don't go so far as to show the Helicopter he downed. That would be too much of a cliffhanger without a payoff coming the following week.
    I don't know, only two chapters for the second part of Judgement seems like too little. They'll probably include the first chapters of High Priestess, because it's basically the aftermath of the battle (them getting the submarine and all that). Ep. 23 would adapt the rest of the fight, that is not long enough to warrant two episodes. As a result, using all of episode 24 to present Iggy would be really slow, and not a really good season closer.
    Now we've been saying that they'll stop after ep.24 because the announced BRs stop at 24. But that only tells us that we're getting at least 24 episodes. The possibility of a 25th episode exists until we know which series is replacing Jojo in its timeslot.
    The 6th BR (eps 21-24) will be released in December, but they could be saving ep 25 for the 7th, along with the first three of the second run.
    So yeah, for now I'll cling two my hope of N'Dour being adapted before the break.

  11. #9091

    Default Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

    Quote Originally Posted by Sander View Post
    Can you feel the sheer unbridled swag pour out of your speakers?
    I like that it sorta seemed like the lady in your sig was jammin out to the song.

  12. #9092

    Default Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

    Quote Originally Posted by Ike79 View Post
    I don't know, only two chapters for the second part of Judgement seems like too little. They'll probably include the first chapters of High Priestess, because it's basically the aftermath of the battle (them getting the submarine and all that). Ep. 23 would adapt the rest of the fight, that is not long enough to warrant two episodes. As a result, using all of episode 24 to present Iggy would be really slow, and not a really good season closer.
    Now we've been saying that they'll stop after ep.24 because the announced BRs stop at 24. But that only tells us that we're getting at least 24 episodes. The possibility of a 25th episode exists until we know which series is replacing Jojo in its timeslot.
    The 6th BR (eps 21-24) will be released in December, but they could be saving ep 25 for the 7th, along with the first three of the second run.
    So yeah, for now I'll cling two my hope of N'Dour being adapted before the break.
    I would have agreed with you until they adapted The Sun into a full episode. I think Judgement will be a straight up adaptation of the 5 chapters. Maybe 2.5 chapters each episode then, with 176 split between the two of them.

    I mean, this is a breakdown of exactly how they adapted the first 5 episodes of the series:

    Episode 1 - 3.7 Chapters 114, 115, 116, & First 14 Pages of 117
    Episode 2 - 2.6 Chapters (Rest of 117, 118, 119, First 5 pages of 120)
    Epsiode 3 - 2.5 Chapters (Rest of 120, 121, First 14 Pages of 122)
    Episode 4 - 2.3 Chapters (Last 6 Pages of 122, 123 & 124)
    Episode 5 - 2.6 Chapters (125, 126, First 12 Pages of 127)
    So it's not exactly outside the realm of possibility for them to stretch 5 Chapters of content (such as Judgement) into two episodes. Adapting more than 4 chapters into a single episode is something they've literally never done (I just checked) the highest chapter to episode ratio is in Emperor and the Hanged Man Part 2.

    The only way it would be possible for them to fit the entire N'Doul fight into this season-end would be to A: Include episode 25 before the break or B: make Judgement only one episode. Right off the bat, I don't see A happening. I doubt they'd end the first wave of Blu-rays on a massive cliffhanger in the middle of the Geb fight.

    B... is POSSIBLE... As I said, Emperor and the Hanged Man Part 2 adapted 4 chapters. It actually included the first chapter of Empress and ended on the cliffhanger of "What's that thing on Joseph's arm!?" meaning Death 13 Part 2 could do the same and end with

    Spoiler:
    meeting "Avdol's Father" and ending on the cliffhanger of Polnareff finding the lamp.


    That means with Judgement as episode 21, High Priestess would be episode 22 freeing up episodes 23 and 24 to be "Iggy the Fool and N'Doul the Geb" ending right on Jotaro and Iggy's bonding moment at the end of that fight with Jotaro reflecting on the 9 Egyptian Gods being the rest of the stands and the long Journey still ahead of them.

    So yeah, that's totally doable now that I think about it. We'll see how they adapt Death 13 Part 2. I think that's key. If they include the first chapter Judgement there and the NEP shows episode 21 doesn't have a "Part 1" attached to the title, we're solid for getting the Geb fight before the break. Otherwise, nope.

    Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 • Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

  13. #9093
    The Age of Smiles Devil G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Spain

    Default Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

    I expected more from The Sun, honestly. Wasn't someone saying they would take 3 episodes to adapt this fight? The outcome was hilarious, anyways XD

    "Oh, shit!" "Son of a bitch!" LOOOL. Can't wait for the next episode.

  14. #9094

    Default Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil G. View Post
    I expected more from The Sun, honestly. Wasn't someone saying they would take 3 episodes to adapt this fight? The outcome was hilarious, anyways XD

    "Oh, shit!" "Son of a bitch!" LOOOL. Can't wait for the next episode.
    That's the joke, man. This fight is hyped but it ends very quickly in the manga.

  15. #9095

    Default Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    I would have agreed with you until they adapted The Sun into a full episode. I think Judgement will be a straight up adaptation of the 5 chapters. Maybe 2.5 chapters each episode then, with 176 split between the two of them.

    I mean, this is a breakdown of exactly how they adapted the first 5 episodes of the series:



    So it's not exactly outside the realm of possibility for them to stretch 5 Chapters of content (such as Judgement) into two episodes. Adapting more than 4 chapters into a single episode is something they've literally never done (I just checked) the highest chapter to episode ratio is in Emperor and the Hanged Man Part 2.

    The only way it would be possible for them to fit the entire N'Doul fight into this season-end would be to A: Include episode 25 before the break or B: make Judgement only one episode. Right off the bat, I don't see A happening. I doubt they'd end the first wave of Blu-rays on a massive cliffhanger in the middle of the Geb fight.

    B... is POSSIBLE... As I said, Emperor and the Hanged Man Part 2 adapted 4 chapters. It actually included the first chapter of Empress and ended on the cliffhanger of "What's that thing on Joseph's arm!?" meaning Death 13 Part 2 could do the same and end with

    Spoiler:
    meeting "Avdol's Father" and ending on the cliffhanger of Polnareff finding the lamp.


    That means with Judgement as episode 21, High Priestess would be episode 22 freeing up episodes 23 and 24 to be "Iggy the Fool and N'Doul the Geb" ending right on Jotaro and Iggy's bonding moment at the end of that fight with Jotaro reflecting on the 9 Egyptian Gods being the rest of the stands and the long Journey still ahead of them.

    So yeah, that's totally doable now that I think about it. We'll see how they adapt Death 13 Part 2. I think that's key. If they include the first chapter Judgement there and the NEP shows episode 21 doesn't have a "Part 1" attached to the title, we're solid for getting the Geb fight before the break. Otherwise, nope.
    About option A, I think that having a cliffhanger in the BRs shouod not be a problem at all. In fact, it might be benefitial. Someome that is following the series only through the BRs would feel preassured to continue watching the series, that would be restarting two weeks after the realease of the BR. There are going to be cliffhangers in the BRs sooner or later anyways.

    About option B, giving a whole episode to the sun has messed everything up. As you say they've already adapted four chapters into one episode (in The Hanged Man Part 2 and I think that also in Wheel of Fortune), so adapting Judgement and High Priestess into one episode each, maybe without opening or ending, is certainly possible.
    I guess we'll see in a couple of weeks.


    EDIT:
    We now know who's replacing Jojo
    http://blog-imgs-64.fc2.com/y/a/r/yaraon/72c46859252dd42afe40f993003b5bb5c8eab8a8.jpg
    The Terraformars anime starts on September 26th, Jojo goes on break one week before that, on the 19th:
    This means:
    8/8 - Ep.19
    15/8 - Ep.20
    21/8 - Ep.21
    28/8 - Ep.22
    5/9 - Ep.23
    12/9 - Ep.24
    19/9 - Ep.25

    We could be getting 25 episodes after all.
    Last edited by Ike79; August 4th, 2014 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Found new info

  16. #9096

    Default Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

    Geb fight is the ideal stopping point, because it shows off Iggy and that there are more dangerous Stand Users in Egypt and is a great fight and high note to take a break on.

  17. #9097

    Default Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

    Huh, forgot that Kakyoin knows how to write an assortment of English words

  18. #9098

    Default Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

    i like how he wrote some big bold capital letters with a knife and is like 'yep that is my handwriting all right.'

  19. #9099

    Default Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

    Quote Originally Posted by black-leg jex View Post
    i like how he wrote some big bold capital letters with a knife and is like 'yep that is my handwriting all right.'
    Lol that was my reaction, too. "Well, if I were to write by carving letters in my arm this is definitely it... but how...?"

  20. #9100
    I like videogames TLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Malta

    Default Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

    ~Lalli Ho!~

Closed Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts