+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Firefox 3.0

Default Firefox 3.0

So I recently installed it and so far its OK, seems a bit faster than 2.x but since my country's net speed acts messed up at times, I might not notice the speedy-ness of ver. 3.0
    Its still good tho. Be warned that SOME plugins will not work on 3.0.
    So what're ur thoughts on it so far?

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer Ms. Suave Debonair's Avatar

Default Re: Firefox 3.0

For a minute there, I thought you were a new senior that I hadn't seen before but then;

...I saw through your disguise.

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

I still haven't figured out who it is.

As for Firefox 3.0, I think I'm using it now? since I just downloaded FF two days ago. My computer is currently trojan infected though so it's not exactly a demon on wheels.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

AVG Free can be one of your best friends

Discovered Stowaway Son of Jesus's Avatar

I think it's ok except that the crawler toolbar is not compatible with it :(
    Are truly saved(going to heaven), "born again" and a true believer? Go and download and read the FREE book from: http://www.bjnewlife.org/english/ebo...tion.php?bid=1
    to find out! Please do so. This will determine your eternity. Read the beginning to the end (especially the FAQ).

Smartpal

It does seem a bit faster and I like the new thing where it finds sites when you type keywords.

Yeah that one needs a little getting used to, now it automatically shows the links you accessed the most thru ur use of Firefox.

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tizoc View Post
    AVG Free can be one of your best friends
    Worthless. Can't even clean up hidden files.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

Discovered Stowaway Portugasdace's Avatar

I think firefox is good ~~~Eventhough ,when i surf the net through it ,cannot post pictures on some forums...
    A bird never stops flying in the sky.When he was tired,he rest on the cloud.There is only one time he can stop flying.That is the time he is dead.

Pro:
    So much faster loading pages that have a ton of junk on them. My igoogle page is loaded up with all kinds of junk and it just pops up before I can blink.
    No more little program lags, like opening up my bookmarks
    The new interface is very easy on the eyes.
    Download manager works SCORES better. No more lag while saving an entire thread off 4chan. :D

Cons:
    Not all the plugins work yet.
    THE STUPID ADDRESS BAR SEARCH CHANGED. Instead of doing google's feeling lucky, it let Road Runner hijack my default search and I havent found the varible to change it yet. This is the biggest frusteration yet.

Meh:
    I havent seen a fantastic diffrence in the way it handles memory yet. It's a little better.

It got the Colbert Bump, so it must be good.

Huh, I'm still using version 2 even tho my plugins updated to version 3. Firefox didn't give me an update notification like it usually does, guess I'll go update now. Firefox is already damned fast for me, if 3 is suppose to be faster than hot damn.

EDIT: Update says there's nothing new available... do you gotta download it manually? *does so*

FF3 is better than FF2. I'm not sure if it still does this in Firefox 3, but in 2, it basically whored out all of my memory leaving nothing for anything else.

Aw man, this new address function when you type something in is shit. When I type something in my address bar I expect it to bring down a list of urls I've visited, not urls I've visited which include the word(s) I typed and not actually in the url.

I hope there's a way to reconfigure that or I'm downgrading back.

Sure there is, if not there will be. Or I'll have to add all the places I usually go to my bookmarks (never saw the point if I can remember the URL)

Can't find a way to change it. Oh well... guess I'll get use to it.

Just using it last night it kept getting smarter. Every time I told it "This is the one I wanted" off a list, it's rank went up and in no time at all the URLs i mean to type get to the top of the list.

But I think it's also frequency of visits.

BTW, did they break that Guiness Record in most downloads in one day?
    The only reason for walking into the jaws of Death is so's you can steal his gold teeth.

I actually like the address bar in FF3, takes some getting used to but its better this time.

If you think the current download manager is good, why not download the Download Status Bar add-on and it will stop the download manager pop-up from opening and give you a clean and temporary download status bar at the bottom of the screen that will disappear as soon as the last download is complete.
    On the seventh dawn of the seventh day a twice-blessed man will roam the fields. Doomed to shadows with his brethren, or saviour to all who walk the ground.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information