Super Saiyan 3
    Vegeto
    Gotenks
    Majin Vegeta
    Kid Buu Design
    Kid Buu pushing back Sprit Bomb

Annoyances:
    Mystic Gohan training...just to get beat again
    Piccolo and others being beat like fodder...

Overall i liked it though

Default Re: Dragonball Z Disscusion

it was basically just a fanservice. We got to see stuff we wanted.

Like as you said. SSJ3. Then we saw OMG what if so and so fuzed ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinscher View Post
    "hey this bad guy who is stronger than anything was hiding this hwole time and now here he is to come out at this moment. Convinient huh"
    Cell did it first.

Formerly Vegard Aune Lord Starfish's Avatar

there was two Awesome endings he could have had.

1. Use the Earth Dragonballs to teleport everyone alive back to Earth. Picolo still alive so works. He dies on earth so no more dragonballs. All the namekians are dead so no more dragonballs. Basically just teleported Gohan and Bulma back. Goku refuses and chooses to fight Frieza like he did. And so forth Goku dies to save the Universe from Frieza.
    I'd say this ending would have worked better with Piccolo getting killed by Freeza and having Bulma and Gohan return to Earth in Goku's spaceship, like Goku said they should. Actually, many people believe that Toriyama originally planned on ending the series like this. If he'd done it like that, you'd get a conclusive, dramatic ending, which fits much better with the more serious direction the series had been taking ever since the Demon King Piccolo-arc.
    Now, I liked the Cell-arc too, but there were some things that were a bit lame: more super-saiyans. They said that there was only supposed to be ONE APPEARING IN OVER THE COURSE OF A THOUSAND YEARS, so why did there end up being 4 of them? Also, the way Freeza was re-introduced only to be killed seconds later by a previously unknown character was kind of dumb. And the introduction of several super saiyan-stages didn't really fit what they'd said about them earlier either. What I DID like was how Gohan was the one who ended up saving the world, as they had always claimed that Gohan was far stronger than Goku, and had more potential for growth too. All in all, both the Freeza- and Cell-arcs would have made for better endings than the Buu-arc did.
    Yibis One Piece Fansubs
    http://yibis.com - #yibis@irc.rizon.net

That ending sounds like ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
    Also, the way Freeza was re-introduced only to be killed seconds later by a previously unknown character was kind of dumb.
    Well Trunks had to demonstrate his strength some way besides killing nameless henchmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
    Also, the way Freeza was re-introduced only to be killed seconds later by a previously unknown character was kind of dumb.
    This annoyed me as well. I always felt like they should have just let him die with Namek. It sorta downplayed Goku's final attack on him as well. I think it would have been better if it had just been some new villain.

Guess I'm one of the few here who liked how the Buu arc ended the series. Of course, as I mentioned before, I barely remember the other two arcs at the moment; especially the Cell arc. I remember it being kinda confusing actually, how the time travel crap worked and all. There were like several different alternate realities or something.

The only thing that was good from the Buu Saga was just the Great Saiyaman Saga and some of the World Tournament parts but after Supreme Kai and Maijin bs came out I stopped watching it. I did enjoy the fusion dance haha.

Where will you find...
    And how will you use...
    The forbidden fruit?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandai Mera View Post
    Cell did it first.
    Well not really. Dr. Gero was working on making an ultimate android since dragonball. We first saw that android 8 and what not. Of course he could have released his other 19 or so androids. But Cell was growing or wahtever in the canister so it wans't really just made in a second.

But yea I agree on the million super saiyans. They should have just had Goku and maybe during the cell game have gohan since he is son. But whatever. You know how it always goes. The best of the best always appear at the same time.

Due to each other trying to outdo another or just constanly fighting stronger guys. And its not like the legend ever said only 1 could be. Its just that 1 happened to be one.

Well not really. Dr. Gero was working on making an ultimate android since dragonball. We first saw that android 8 and what not. Of course he could have released his other 19 or so androids. But Cell was growing or wahtever in the canister so it wans't really just made in a second.
    Cell (the finished one) comes from the future using Trunks time machine and hides for 3 years until deciding to make his presence known

so your sayign this Cell from teh future should have started attacking right away even though it was basically a huge beetle. he took time to hatch. Or evolve.

What fun would of it been had they fought with Metapod. They needed him to evolve into butterfree

Cell only transformed into that state so he could fit in the machine

so your sayign this Cell from teh future should have started attacking right away even though it was basically a huge beetle. he took time to hatch. Or evolve.
    No all I'm saying is that Cell & Buu are pretty much the same for appearing at the most convenient or slightly inconvenient times.

yes exaclty. But it took 3 years for him to get back to normal.

I think that had to do with him being to weak to transform out of that state.

I think the whole matter was "Cell couldn't travel the time machine as he was, so he programmed it, de-evolved to an egg, then rehatched but needed three more years before he could be "reborn" in his state at the time." It's just weird though but that's how it happened.

As for all the talk of Buu, I actually love that arc...probably because Toriyama didn't care anymore. He was probably pent up with not being able to end it with Frieza and making things more ludicrous with Cell, so he just decided to go back to his roots with comedy/action instead of just always drama/action. Yeah, it still worsens the "no one outside Saiyans...and maybe Piccolo matter" aspect it had since the beginning of Androids/Cell but at least it felt like a fun side-story.
    Y'know, Negima WAS awesome...
    For the first 18 volumes.

yea that makes sense. Why would he program the time machine to a time when the androids aren't there yet. He went back in time not to become the strongest person (he already was) but to become complete.

When he noticed he had to revert back to bug/shell form he knew how long it would take to evolve/grow thus sending himself back that amount of time before the andriods appeared, which was a known date and place as Trunks put it. But it obvioulsy wasn't perfect on his evolution or getting back to full strength to attack and capture teh androids.

Yeah Check out dess Guns sasuke6000's Avatar

I liked the BUU arc the best for like 5/6 reasons.

1. Cell's arc to me was a bad ending. Goku dies, Vegeta is nice for once, Gohan ends the story? Thats dumb for the non main character to end a story. I also felt that many things should be continued. Also knowing that young Trunks was born made me want to see him older.

2. The way how there was many buu forms was entertaining. The funniest part was how the strongest one was the little kid. Also definetly Dbs best scene was Buu pushing the Spirit Bomb back.

3. The fact that no person alive could beat him and that Goku who wanted the next gen to fight evil for now ended it. The way I thought he should.

4. Gotenks fight was funny and back to the comedy of early Db and Dr.slump like how Piccolo thought he was done and Gotenks was trying to be dramatic.

5. volume 42 also has my favorite pages ever in a manga. The part is when Vegeta is saying how he can never beat Goku and how he's the best. During the whole thing Goku is fighting Buu and it's funny how the pictures over his speech are funny and so un-serious.

Also Gt wasn't bad. I wanted to see something like how using the dragonballs over and over would be. Plus 17 is my favorite charecter so that was cool.

Feel Like I'm kinda Hating on ya here lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by sasuke6000 View Post
    I liked the BUU arc the best for like 5/6 reasons.

1. Cell's arc to me was a bad ending. Goku dies, Vegeta is nice for once, Gohan ends the story? Thats dumb for the non main character to end a story. I also felt that many things should be continued. Also knowing that young Trunks was born made me want to see him older.
    Most is opinion for you so no comment, but technically we did get to see how Trunks was when he was older. Or was that Future Trunks totally slip your mind?
    2. The way how there was many buu forms was entertaining. The funniest part was how the strongest one was the little kid. Also definetly Dbs best scene was Buu pushing the Spirit Bomb back.
    Kid Buu was not the strongest. He was just the most dangerous. The others had a sort of conscious you could say. Kid Buu just destroyed everything and was just a killing machine, thus more dangerous.

Perfect example is Bounties in One Piece. Dragon is the most dangerous/wanted man in the world. He is not the strongest. Well he could be, but still bounty does not equal STR.

Or you could say if you met Luffy in real life and Bellamy in real life. Who would you be more scared of. Who is more dangerous to you.
    3. The fact that no person alive could beat him and that Goku who wanted the next gen to fight evil for now ended it. The way I thought he should.
    Isn't this exacly how the ending of the Cell saga was. Goku leaving it for his son to be the hero and watch over the earth. Only thing was he died in Cell and not in Buu.
    4. Gotenks fight was funny and back to the comedy of early Db and Dr.slump like how Piccolo thought he was done and Gotenks was trying to be dramatic.
    I agree that was nice to have some comedy back. Was what made dragonball so much better than DBZ.
    5. volume 42 also has my favorite pages ever in a manga. The part is when Vegeta is saying how he can never beat Goku and how he's the best. During the whole thing Goku is fighting Buu and it's funny how the pictures over his speech are funny and so un-serious.
    I feel like that whole thing was already done before. When Vegeta was in his dying moments during the Frieza arc, he recognized Goku and also wanted him to defeat Frieza for the saiyans and for what Frieza made Vegeta into. I thought that was way more emotional.

I sorta dont like the Frieza arc...i do but i like it the least out of all of them (runs for cover)

I sorta wish Omega Shenron was canon and was the final saga though. What better to end it, by having the Dragonballs come to beat you up, because you used them to much...

That was the only arc (with Super 17) that i liked in GT

Quote Originally Posted by King_Ty View Post

I sorta wish Omega Shenron was canon and was the final saga though. What better to end it, by having the Dragonballs come to beat you up, because you used them to much...

That was the only arc (with Super 17) that i liked in GT
    [YOUTUBE]phWh6qqxhS0[/YOUTUBE]

(argh 20 characters)
    Last edited by Sandai Mera; June 30th, 2008 at 02:27 PM.

Formerly Vegard Aune Lord Starfish's Avatar

I feel like that whole thing was already done before. When Vegeta was in his dying moments during the Frieza arc, he recognized Goku and also wanted him to defeat Frieza for the saiyans and for what Frieza made Vegeta into. I thought that was way more emotional.
    That was so totally NOT the reason. He simply hated Freeza for hurting his PRIDE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goku
    I understand. It wasn't that your fellow Saiyans had been killed that was rough on you- Having to do as he told you must have been worse than anything you could stand. I hated you so much... but you had your Saiyan pride. And now I too will share in some of that pride of yours. I am a Saiyan raised on Earth! For all the Saiyans who were killed by you... as well as for all the Namekians here... I am going to beat you!
    For the record, here is the full scene: http://youtube.com/watch?v=g0BcBs2QaTU
    Yibis One Piece Fansubs
    http://yibis.com - #yibis@irc.rizon.net

Closed Thread

Thread Information