Closed Thread
Page 499 of 500 FirstFirst ... 399 449 489 497 498 499 500 LastLast
Results 9,961 to 9,980 of 10000

Thread: Dragonball Discussion

Default Re: Dragonball Discussion

I wonder how it'll go once it all finally catches up to Goku, when there ARE actual consequences. Talk is talk after all.

I wish Toei would do something like that because it would be interesting and give Goku an actual character arc, but it's Toei.
    Last edited by Kizuchan; February 13th, 2017 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kizuchan View Post
    I wonder how it'll go once it all finally catches up to Goku, when there ARE actual consequences. Talk is talk after all.

I wish Toei would do something like that because it would be interesting and give Goku an actual character arc, but it's Toei.
    I really wouldn't blame toei for this one. It's just the way Goku is written, you can't blame them for wanting to keep the status quo.

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Man that Universe 9 Kaioshin is almost as bad as Zamasu xD
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

Did they ever bother explaining why U7 seems to be the only universe that had multiple Kaioshin and a Dai Kaioshin on top of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Did they ever bother explaining why U7 seems to be the only universe that had multiple Kaioshin and a Dai Kaioshin on top of that?
    Buu ate all of the rest of them.

It really does call into question the threat Buu was once you know there were these even higher-ups all along. Sure, Supreme Kai sucked and was vastly outclassed by the Saiyans, but... there are obviously other competant super strong fighters out there.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I can see Beerus sleeping through Buu's original rampage and Zeno not caring because he's too busy playing marbles with star systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    It really does call into question the threat Buu was once you know there were these even higher-ups all along. Sure, Supreme Kai sucked and was vastly outclassed by the Saiyans, but... there are obviously other competant super strong fighters out there.
    Strong for sure but I would not say competent.

are we really calling goku and vegeta the competent ones here

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

(Sees the actions of Freezer and Buu, ans the power of cell)

Yes.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Since we only saw one of them from each universe at the U7/U6 Tournament and Zamasu was a replacement in training for Gowasu rather than a subordinate, I suspect they've pulled a collective Toriyama and forgot they even existed in the first place.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by ARC-1300 View Post
    I really wouldn't blame toei for this one. It's just the way Goku is written, you can't blame them for wanting to keep the status quo.
    Goku is the protagonist of a huge cashcow franchise, but I really hope they do something with his character at this point.

It doesn't excuse repetitive writing and there's only so long you can root for characters which keep making the same mistakes, especially since the stakes become bigger and bigger each time. There's a point where a character becomes unlikeable because of bad writing.

It shouldn't matter - Vegeta even has a very clearly defined character arc.

But again, huge cashcow franchise. Good writing is nothing in the face of money. I hope for the best, still.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    Since we only saw one of them from each universe at the U7/U6 Tournament and Zamasu was a replacement in training for Gowasu rather than a subordinate, I suspect they've pulled a collective Toriyama and forgot they even existed in the first place.
    I was wondering why there was only *one* Kaioshin for each universe. Having four + Dai always made it feel like their "creation" theme was unbalanced against the singular GoD's "destruction" theme.

Granted that's still true now, since Beerus and Whis are leagues above Shin. Hell, Goku and company are above Shin.

I wonder can Shin create as good as Beerus can destroy? If so, he actually might be a formadable enemy if only he were creative enough.
    Forum user Bartholemew Bear passed away in a very moving and touching way. I, ARTEMlS, therefore carry on the Will of DArth for good unto its final fulfilment.

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    I was wondering why there was only *one* Kaioshin for each universe. Having four + Dai always made it feel like their "creation" theme was unbalanced against the singular GoD's "destruction" theme.

Granted that's still true now, since Beerus and Whis are leagues above Shin. Hell, Goku and company are above Shin.
    Gets even weirder when you think about how Zamasu was a regular Kai in his Universe, training to become a Supreme Kai.

Although, if both the Supreme Kai role and God of Destruction are "appointed" positions, it could mean a possible future where King Kai's life is linked to Goku's. I smell another sequel series!
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Quote Originally Posted by ARTEMlS View Post
    I wonder can Shin create as good as Beerus can destroy? If so, he actually might be a formadable enemy if only he were creative enough.
    Question: Is Shin like the only one who is not a Grand Supreme Kai there?

He is, by virtue of being alive.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post
    Gets even weirder when you think about how Zamasu was a regular Kai in his Universe, training to become a Supreme Kai.
    now I'm picturing a Dragon Ball where Zamasu takes Kaio's role.

It will be announced that a new dragonball sitcom spinoff is in the works: Zamasu and Bubbles

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Strong maybe, but I'm not sure I'd call a completely neutral and uncaring angel, a super-god with the mind of a toddler, or a god of destruction who's constantly asleep competent.

Closed Thread

Thread Information