Closed Thread
Page 412 of 500 FirstFirst ... 312 362 402 410 411 412 413 414 422 462 ... LastLast
Results 8,221 to 8,240 of 10000

Thread: Dragonball Discussion

Default Re: Dragonball Discussion

Spoiler:
    #42 (08 May): “An Uproar at the Victory Celebration! Facing Off at Last?! Monaka vs. Son Goku”
    Goku and the other members of Universe 7’s team have safely notched their victory [against Universe 6]. But their victory celebrations are short-lived, as the Zen’ō (“Lord[s] of everything”), the individual(s) standing at the pinnacle of the 12 universes, appear(s) before them! And so the tale takes an unexpected turn.

The design is ugly as hell.

Spoiler:
    I sense a team-up between Universe 6 and 7.

And now we move onto a Tournament with the other universes.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Carcharodon Piledriver Crossword's Avatar

Spoiler:
    The Super Dragon Ball dragon's basically a gold Blue-Eyes White Dragon.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

The lack of epicness of the Dragon Ball Super it's incredible. Every episode is a fucking joke. How can Super surpass GT?

In 42 episodes of GT we got: Finding new Dragon Balls, epic characters, Krilin death, Super A18, Baby, SS4, Golden Monkey Saiyan, Buu death etc...

Shame...xD

Quote Originally Posted by BingBang View Post
    The lack of epicness of the Dragon Ball Super it's incredible. Every episode is a fucking joke. How can Super surpass GT?

In 42 episodes of GT we got: Finding new Dragon Balls, epic characters, Krilin death, Super A18, Baby, SS4, Golden Monkey Saiyan, Buu death etc...

Shame...xD
    If they had done the manga version first and had someone better to do the anime it would have been better.

Shame...xD
    So you are saying these Dragonball movies like F and such aren't epic?
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

He is talking about Super, not the movies

But wasn't Super partially based on the movies?

Either way, calling Super unepic is a ridiculous and trollish statement.
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
    But wasn't Super partially based on the movies?

Either way, calling Super unepic is a ridiculous and trollish statement.
    Trollish? I'm a true fan of Dragon Ball since i was 6. There is no magic in here. The animation in GT was better and the MUSIC. The narration in Super is bad, the build is bad, the character design is bad (except Hit. The new Dragon looks like a fucking monster from Yu Gi Oh), the concept "joke, fight, joke-fight, joke" can work in One Piece but not in Dragon Ball. I don't think the main essence of Dragon Ball is that. No bleeding, no scars, no agony, no interesting enemies (except Hit)... For me they destroyed what Dragon Ball Z was. First 25 episodes was repeating 2 movies. TWO! And using an old enemy (Freezer) with a "super" transformation where they changed the color scheme. ˇIt's like a 8 years old version of Dragon Ball Z!

And the main concept is "stolen" from a FAN FICTION: Dragon Ball Multiverse. Incredible that they got payed for that.

Oh shit, you mentioned Multiverse. Go back a couple of pages to see why you shouldn't.

Also, you sound exactly like a nostalgia person with pink glasses on. You say the exact same on Super as lots of people said during the transition from Dragonball to Z: losing the essence, moving the focus point to much etc. etc. etc. Get over it.

Dragon Ball started as joke-fight-joke-fight.

Shame...xD

That double glare toward Champa was really cool.

"IF YOU’RE A MAN YOU DON’T CRY ABOUT IT. YOU TAKE LIFE THE UPS AND DOWNS. IF YOU’RE A REAL MAN YA NEVER GO DOWN YA JUST STAY UP"
    - RIC FLAIR

Quote Originally Posted by Supernova View Post
    Dragon Ball started as joke-fight-joke-fight.
    Yeah, basically.

Love it or hate it, Super is kindof an attempt at a return to form for DB, getting it back to its more comedic roots.

Whether you think they succeeded or not is subjective obviously, but I don't think it's fair to hate on it PURELY because they chose a format closer to the early series rather than later series.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 • Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

I truly honestly think it is a good mixture of both.

Monaka was a one punch alien the whole time, who knew? xD

Discovered Stowaway

The thing is that they also attempted coming back to DB's concept in GT first. And that, in my opinion, simply failed.

What I'm personally lacking from DBS is some kind of serious threat. Even classic Dragonball, despite the joke fights being great, was at its best when it had threatening villains, Tao Bai Bai probably being the prime example (and especially when ignoring Piccolo, which some will probably argue was already more Z than classic DB). So far I cannot get engage in this plot and I can totally see why others have the same issue.

The fact GT isn't canon anymore on top of the fact that it's mostly disregared prior to that
    discontinuation that it doesn't have to do much to surpass it.

Finding new Dragon Balls,
    Terrible addition especially with the whole blowing up the earth consequence.

epic characters,
    I hope these epic characters aren't Pan, Gill, Teen Trunks, and a somewhat gimped version of
    Goku turned back into a kid alongside a bunch of gimmick sporting villains which lazy or
    overdone designs.

Krilin death,
    Which also we got in DragonBall/Z and was done much better on both accounts. The third
    around it got kind of redundant.

Super A18
    People actually liked Super 17? who was just a taller, somewhat bulkier,eyebrow less version of 17 created by fusing the original 17 (who was retconned back to life in the anime) and a copy?

Baby
    Subpar villain who had a modified version of Buu's gimmick of taking over people's bodies. And
    llooked awful.

SS4,
    I've poked fun at the somewhat stupid looking design decisions they chose for SS4 enough.

Golden Monkey Saiyan,
    ...........this was a big deal why?

And the main concept is "stolen" from a FAN FICTION: Dragon Ball Multiverse. Incredible that they got payed for that.
    Isn't the main concept of multiverse a tournament....which is something that the original manga had three arcs and part of a fourth consist of?
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; April 24th, 2016 at 01:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Trollish? I'm a true fan of Dragon Ball since i was 6. There is no magic in here. The animation in GT was better and the MUSIC. The narration in Super is bad, the build is bad, the character design is bad (except Hit. The new Dragon looks like a fucking monster from Yu Gi Oh), the concept "joke, fight, joke-fight, joke" can work in One Piece but not in Dragon Ball. I don't think the main essence of Dragon Ball is that. No bleeding, no scars, no agony, no interesting enemies (except Hit)... For me they destroyed what Dragon Ball Z was. First 25 episodes was repeating 2 movies. TWO! And using an old enemy (Freezer) with a "super" transformation where they changed the color scheme. ˇIt's like a 8 years old version of Dragon Ball Z!

i agree with you my friend dragon ball super sucks gt baby arc is way more better then anything db super has showed so far at least it had a plot

ROFL, this dick joke....not even Oda or Sorachi wouldve thought about it

"IF YOU’RE A MAN YOU DON’T CRY ABOUT IT. YOU TAKE LIFE THE UPS AND DOWNS. IF YOU’RE A REAL MAN YA NEVER GO DOWN YA JUST STAY UP"
    - RIC FLAIR

Closed Thread

Thread Information