+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Changing user name.

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Default Changing user name.

How does one change the Windows User Name for an administrator account? Right now my laptop's user name has a spelling error and it's REALLY annoying me, but I only know how to make secondary accounts, not an admin one.

Anyone know how to do this?
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

Default Re: Changing user name.

In Vista:

Control Panel -> User Accounts -> Add or Remove User Accounts -> Select Account -> Change Name

There might be issues with the user's directory name though-- I don't know if it changes if you change the username.

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Sadly, I didn't win Vista along with you B1B, but I'll give it a try with XP none-the-less.

I've got another question as well.

My original hibernation function for my lap-top involved sleeping as if the computer was turned off. I had to press a button to get it started again. Now whenever I open it, it turns on automatically and goes into my user account, then Windows.

The issue? Before, the computer turned off and didn't use power. Now, it uses power when it's in hibernation.

How do I change this?
    Last edited by Malintex_Terek; June 6th, 2008 at 10:20 AM.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

Google really is your friend.

Anyway, check the control panel for both your questions. It starts there. More specifically for user names, check User Accounts (in new XP view), for the hibernation thing, try checking Performance and Maintenance (in new XP view) and power options from there.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information