+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trashed spam topic

Default Trashed spam topic

Okay I noticed a LOT of topics are being locked due to the same arguments coming up over and over and over again.

This is a suggestion that I've seen other forums do. Instead of locking several topics and ruining them for everyone who doesn't take part in the arguments, make a topic in the Hall of Shame where you can move people's posts that are all ready in other topics. Like if person A and B are slinging shit back in forth in one of the Funimation episode topics, instead of locking it, tell them to stop and move their posts to the spam topic. That's a way of closing the discussion without actually closing the topic. If they start up again, warn them if you have to. It would hopefully prevent them from doing it in another topic. It would also help clear several all ready ruined topics.

It's just an idea that I think this forum could benefit from...
    For with a closing door, another surely opens
    Just you wait and see,
    And when you look back on where we've been together
    Wherever you may be
    I hope that you remember me

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer AWB's Avatar

Default Re: Trashed spam topic

I like the idea. How about you, ocean?

We'll find out, he's viewing the topic

EDIT:
    or not.. well... it was worth a shot.
    Last edited by Quexinos; May 24th, 2008 at 11:38 PM.
    Just you wait and see,
    Wherever you may be

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Maybe people could calm the fudge down. Then we might see fewer topics locked.

One thing about this forum that scares me but for some reason doesn't bother other people is the line one has to cross is very ambiguous here. UNKNOWNFILE got banned for less than what Waynehead said to Aethos in that one locked topic I can't remember the title of.

Since the line isn't defined or isn't enforced, people are dragging that kind of baggage everywhere they go.

The best solution is to just delete posts, give out warnings or give people temporary bans to they can cool off, or permanent bans if they're a lost cause.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

I guess it's up to the admin staff if they want to delete posts or not... I always didn't like deleting topics because when it comes down to a decision made about the person who's posts you deleted and you need to review a post they made... well you can't it's gone.

One thing about this forum that scares me but for some reason doesn't bother other people is the line one has to cross is very ambiguous here. UNKNOWNFILE got banned for less than what Waynehead said to Aethos in that one locked topic I can't remember the title of.
    QFT. I'm getting tired of the people who sign up JUST to be assholes. Why is that even allowed?
    Just you wait and see,
    Wherever you may be

Isn't this the same thing as deleting posts?

I think this seems like a good idea as well actually.

Quote Originally Posted by tony-kun View Post
    Isn't this the same thing as deleting posts?
    Deleting would actually be easier for the people doing the moving / deleting

And I say it again
    Quote Originally Posted by Quexinos like 3 posts ago if anyone was paying attention
    I guess it's up to the admin staff if they want to delete posts or not... I always didn't like deleting topics because when it comes down to a decision made about the person who's posts you deleted and you need to review a post they made... well you can't it's gone.
    blah blah blah blah

EDIT:
    PLUS if there's a topic dedicated to bad posts, people can read it and see what NOT to post.
    Just you wait and see,
    Wherever you may be

Like if person A and B are slinging shit back in forth in one of the Funimation episode topics, instead of locking it, tell them to stop and move their posts to the spam topic.
    Generally I would thread ban the parties involved (for a period of time or indefinitely depending on what's been said) and soft delete the posts. So the topic can continue, though locking can't be helped in certain instances.

Also, if it features really thick language, inappropriate material or is just really mean spirited, then I wouldn't want to highlight that sorta stuff elsewhere. Not to mention a thread like that would probably encourage imbeciles more "Harh, my post got moved to the spam topic, well aren't I great" rather then deter them.

Not to mention a thread like that would probably encourage imbeciles more "Harh, my post got moved to the spam topic, well aren't I great" rather then deter them.
    I'd really hope the members would be a little smarter than that... all though I can see... certain members doing that now that you mention it.
    Just you wait and see,
    Wherever you may be

Quote Originally Posted by Quexinos View Post
    I'd really hope the members would be a little smarter than that... all though I can see... certain members doing that now that you mention it.
    believe it or not this forum is made out of hatred...trolling around and spamming at every topic is normal for some life wasting people..why should we take their last joys?!!
    UnrevealedVegapunk/Ryokugyu/Loki/Rocks/Im-san
    IslandElbaf/Raftel/GodValley
    UnresolvedWeevil´s plan/Explaining DFs/Deal with Kuma-Bonney´s past/Joy-Boy/Zunisha´s story/Rocks flashback/Void Century/Rioponeglyph/Uranus/the D.clan
    DFWind/Metal/Wood/Acid/Liquid/Time-Stop

I used to like the post how your day topic was when i first joined. I'm glad it got locked. it sucked to hell anyways. no one knows how to write anything worthwhile reading. I don't care if you just got up, peed, and are eating cherrios. Can you type something interesting.

ya, imo, that thread died a long time ago. thang goodness it's out of it's misery. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by captain usopp View Post
    I used to like the post how your day topic was when i first joined. I'm glad it got locked. it sucked to hell anyways. no one knows how to write anything worthwhile reading. I don't care if you just got up, peed, and are eating cherrios. Can you type something interesting.
    why can't you be more accepting of other peoples' lifestyles

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

I thought it was a good idea, but BF brings up a very good point. There's quite a few people in this forum who'd purposely try and get into this "spam topic". I agree if things take a sudden turn the posts should just be deleted with the posters temp banned from the topic.

Robin saw everything u did Fluer de robin's Avatar

No.

It sounds like a good idea, but it's a slippery slope.

Ever heard of Mystical Forest Zone? They made a spam area, but it got so obscenely out of hand that a truckload of people got banned. That section of the forums closed down. Later the entire site was shut down when the admins got fed up with the appaling behavior of the members (beahvior was always a problem, but the spam threads worsened it ten fold).

*desends into madness*
    *is a dude*

A Great King, somewhere! Captain Brooke's Avatar

I like this idea, was kinda mad the "What pisses you off" topic was closed, because a certain few started going at it!

It'll be unlocked soon, don't fret.

A Great King, somewhere! Captain Brooke's Avatar

^^^Good News!!!!!!!!

The Picky Hypocrite KittytheClueless's Avatar
    Hiding in Kaku's hat(Actually Colorado, in America~!

It does sound good, but will the servers be able to handle it? The mods have to keep a close watch just for topic that might get too long. Well, I guess I thought it was a good idea but I don't know if AP fourms has enough mods to keep the spam threads under control.

So, I simply and sadly disagree with you. If I wanna spam, I go to the Chatterbox on Gaia. And I haven't been spamming too often on Gaia. ...Though I spam here sometimes without knowing it. I tend to get carried away on accident. Spare me, for my heart is so small and shallow...
    I think someone needs to eat a happle. <3
    Bombing for peace is like having sex for virginity.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information