+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 500 "Ember of History" Discussion

Default Re: Chapter 500 "Ember of History" Discussion

Buuhan, I completely agree with you.
    Oda's art almost seems a little less refined than it used to in the better chapeters of Thriller Bark. Its almost been a little disappointing recently.

Quote Originally Posted by DBZOP View Post
    Buuhan, I completely agree with you.
    Oda's art almost seems a little less refined than it used to in the better chapeters of Thriller Bark. Its almost been a little disappointing recently.
    I hope Oda dies because his art isn't up to everyones expectations! Lets hang him to the nearest street lamp!

Geez...
    Pro-Main Cast Evangelist. In Oda We Trust. TheJackAss Crew. AMC = Anti-main Cast. Luffy x Nami.

Actually... I was referring that it looked better to me. Don't group me with him...

Exactly, it looks more mature in its own way. Just look at the Panel where Nami is shouting.

edit: my colorful version of silvers (avatar size) -> feel free to use it#
    Last edited by Niar; May 24th, 2008 at 06:58 PM.

One thing that occured to me is that Silvers will recognize the straw hat that Luffy is wearing, and make the connection with shanks.
    If I think I'm insane, does it mean I'm not? Because a truly insane person wouldn't know that they are insane?

I'm seriously hoping for Sir Raleigh to watch Luffy in action, and then say something like, "You know, this kid reminds me of 'him'..." Followed by a Flashback. Maybe when they're teaming up against whatever the heck is gonna be thrown against them in this arc.

And the Axe guy is probably Kizaru. Shilhouette's close enough. It's not like the proportions have to match exactly. My guess is that he's carrying the Bounty Posters as a way of scouting out which pirates have been sold into the Slave Trade.

And thanks for the Avatar Niar.
    I called it wrong, so long ago. I guess this needs to be changed.

Thank you PN for Avatar ^^ Gorlom's Avatar

Some people (ok a lot of people) have been wondering how Ray-Jay could have gotten caught if he is so strong.

At first I assumed that he passed out drunk somewhere and was sold by the girl he shared bed with or something sneaky like that. But after reading some theory that GDR's first mate is just like Zoro and got caught because he was lost (how can you get lost in saboady with all the numbered grooves?) I started wondering.

Could Ray-Jay have allowed himself to get captured like Zoro did in the Morgan arc to protect/save someone else? The only drawback with this theory is that Zoro had a promise of enduring a certain lenght of time would set him free. I can't imagine the slavers making such a promise though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas View Post
    What the...? Holy smurf am I slow! Until this statement of yours I never even realized that an octopus is actually serving octopusballs. Talk about not seeing the forest because of too many trees. *facepalm*

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Just going to throw something in here, it's quite chaotic.

Since Rayleigh's in the coat trade, he's probably the man Luffy gets his red pirate coat from that we see so frequently in promotional material.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post

Since Rayleigh's in the coat trade, he's probably the man Luffy gets his red pirate coat from that we see so frequently in promotional material.
    Hahaha damn that is a lame pun Malintex. =P
    What the...? Holy smurf am I slow! Until this statement of yours I never even realized that an octopus is actually serving octopusballs. Talk about not seeing the forest because of too many trees. *facepalm*

Quote Originally Posted by Gorlom View Post
    Hahaha damn that is a lame pun Malintex. =P
    Care to explain?
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    PM me for details

ahahahahahahahahahahahaaah

hahahhaa

oh my god

youre an idiot
    hnngrnrgh

the hammer is my penis skarlath's Avatar

Care to explain?
    well if it wasn't a joke

you are either retarded or foreign
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryPotter View Post
    I fuck my mom and then suck on my own dick.
    If you only knew the power of the Pork Side

Some people were making a comparison to Kidd and Moria based off their appreance.

The reason why they look similar but arnt really is the basis for their design.

Moria is designed off Goth/Horror Movies
    Kidd is based off Punk/Biker

There are alot of basic similarities between the two since they share similar origins but thats about it.

As for why Kidd and Law are at the auction, Kidd obviously just wants a slave while Law i am guessing wants a "Test Subject" for his cruel form of medical research.

Quote Originally Posted by "Fire Fist" Ace View Post
    I'm seriously hoping for Sir Raleigh to watch Luffy in action, and then say something like, "You know, this kid reminds me of 'him'..." Followed by a Flashback. Maybe when they're teaming up against whatever the heck is gonna be thrown against them in this arc.

And the Axe guy is probably Kizaru. Shilhouette's close enough. It's not like the proportions have to match exactly. My guess is that he's carrying the Bounty Posters as a way of scouting out which pirates have been sold into the Slave Trade.

And thanks for the Avatar Niar.
    I think many people misinterpreted the silhouttes of the supreme admirals. The 'things sticking outside of his head' is not his hair. It is part of his coat. The same goes for Akainu, it's not a weapon on his back.

Oh dear I really hope you weren't serious Malintex.

I seem to recall you said something about not really following the manga lately. If that is the case I guess I can be slightly forgiving. But you really should atleast read a few chapters back to get an idea what the current events are about.

The "coating buissness" that Silvers is in is the resin (you know the bubble stuff all over saoboady) coating of ships that intend to pass the red line via Fishman island.

It has nothing to do at all with coats, as in clothing, that you wear.

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Nonetheless, it'd be funny/cool if Luffy got such a coat along with a resin one for the Sunny.
    Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

Quote Originally Posted by skarlath View Post
    well if it wasn't a joke

you are either retarded or foreign
    I'm sorry if I don't know what's supposed to be funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorlom View Post
    The "coating buissness" that Silvers is in is the resin (you know the bubble stuff all over saoboady) coating of ships that intend to pass the red line via Fishman island.

It has nothing to do at all with coats, as in clothing, that you wear.
    Ah, that clears things up.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    PM me for details

I had an idea, what if Shakky was lying that she knew where Raleigh was? I can imagine him choosing to accept capture to avoid having Shakky hurt, either by extortion or overwhelming odds. Or perhaps a noble walked into the bar and harassed him and/or Shakky. She could either be embarrassed or unable to speak about it (fear of retribution). Or it could even be some kind of test. Shakky obviously knows who Luffy is, so it's entirely possible that the whole scenario could be a test setup by Shakky and Raleigh to test the "would-be" Pirate King.

Maybe Rayleigh just got too drunk that he passed out, which easily allowed some random asshole to catch him.

I doubt they give a damn about anything else but rooting for rookies/drinking and chasing girls, respectively.

Anyway, I wonder if Rayleigh, Shakky, Buggy and Shanks are the only ones who managed to escape whatever caught Roger. That's like the only thing I'm looking forward: a flashback about how Roger was captured, or at least the moment Rayleigh and Shakky departed with Buggy and Shanks (No way two kids could have survived in their own).

That's easy to say, but it's entirely possible that was all planned. I doubt *cue dramatic music* THE RIGHT HAND OF THE PIRATE KING *end dramatic music* Would be so clumsy as to just pass out drunk and get captured. it could be... but I don't like that idea. Rather, I'd like to think that this whole scenario came with a plan.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information