+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 100 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 1981

Thread: GANTZ

Default Re: GANTZ

Dude, I don't have the energy to read all that text about this mediocre manga which from what I've skimmed is just a lot of nit-picking anyway and missing the overall point. Let me just say, if I don't care about the characters when they die then they are not good death scenes and if they are not good death scenes then the author is not doing a good job.

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

There was no nit picking and I didn't miss the point. You've just been splitting hairs and not properly saying what you don't like about the deaths.

I question if you've ever cared about the characters to begin with, death scene or not. That was my whole thing when you bring up characters like old man lol.

I never said Oku was doing a good job with death scenes. I explicitly say they're not random and do have emotional weight behind them. Something you refuse to admit or fail to see because you're not recognizing the story being told for the established characters who die. If you don't like them that doesn't mean they are not being done. You say all of them had random deaths with no emotional weight behind them and then your examples are of two characters who did and two other menial characters where you simply ignore or won't accept that during any Gantz mission any character can and will die. Then you just made up that whole part about the old man having a purpose.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

I really hate Inabata's death.

Inabata didn't die like a coward. Oh no, He died in the most retarded way possible... he literally died via Monty Python's Flying Circus opening after getting character development. I really disliked the way Oku did his character. Everyone treated him like he wasn't a person, and it was pretty inhumane how no one even cared about his whereabouts except the old man, when he was just scared for his life. The old man realized this, and gave his life to bring him back. Inabata even says, "He's the only one who cares about me!"

But why?! What did Inabata even do to receive such treatment?

When no one even cared that he died (not even Kaito seriously?), I was a little disgusted with the series... especially since the females seem to think only about their "man" than anyone else.

That old man's death marked not only the death of all logic in this series, but the death of the characters actually acting like people.

The Vampires were alien nano technology by the way, so they did have a place in Gantz. Either way, to erase them out right from the story because they "didn't fit" is inexcusable.

The death's in this series do feel pretty empty at times, especially when Oku used to flesh out the characters in gantz before they started fighting. Now we get "Here's a stranger. Now he's dead. Are you shocked yet?". The build up, the past lives, and the people's reactions made the death's feel more "real."

Just saying. I treat this series more like a C- action flick, but this series has been a huge let down for a while.
    if you want to check out my game progress: http://soggybreadgm.tumblr.com/

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Oh they were? I forgot that too about the vamps. I obviously don't remember every detail of this manga. Feel like it's dragged on too long. If that's there origin then yeah they had a place but it was still fucking random to me how he introduced them but w/e. I'm not excusing how he just stopped writing about the vamps I was just giving my opinion why I'm not surprised.

As for Inabata I'm glad you brought up no one giving a fuck. Nobody really liked him. The way I saw it ppl in the group just moved on. Not that they were less human for it but if you felt that way I guess that shows what long time in the Gantz game does to ppl, end up with an attitude like Nishi or Izumi. Inabata was a coward though. Oku took too long to give him character development so when he did I wasn't like oh Inabata is getting interesting and then oh he's dead. Never cared about dude.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    As for Inabata I'm glad you brought up no one giving a fuck. Nobody really liked him. .
    But what I'm saying is why? Their feelings towards him were pretty unwarranted. That said, we know Kei Kurono is a selfish jerk, but Kaito?

and even if it took too long to give him development... that was still the worst death in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Norisuke Higashikata IV
    "Your stand is like your asshole. You can't go around showing it off to other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Zoan View Post
    A character dies so that Tae-chan can survive another cliffhanger.
    A have a serious case of deja-vu.

I don't know how to feel about this chapter.

After all the time spent with this crap, as much as I hate saying this, I hope she doesn't die. That would make this series reach a new low for me.

Hmm dont know what say about this chapter,i guess Nishi and Kurono will have little "fight".

Quote Originally Posted by Shezar View Post
    Hmm dont know what say about this chapter,i guess Nishi and Kurono will have little "fight".
    I'm pretty sure one of them is going to die. Nishi's not the one to hesistate to pull the trigger.

Spoiler:
    are we seriosly supposed to suddenly feel sorry for the race that feeds humans to their pets and watches them dying for entertainment? Sure, I get the allegory of humans being cruel to animals, but it's hard to feel for them after being portrayed like that, especially if there has been only one nice alien out of thousands sadistic killers.
    "Going against the flow? Just means you're swimming in place. One day you are too tired to paddle, and suddenly you drown. Whole thing was pointless and now you're dead THE END. Now, going with the flow is where it's at - and that's the dandy way to live."
    - Space Dandy

Quote Originally Posted by LosKnoggos View Post
    Spoiler:
    are we seriosly supposed to suddenly feel sorry for the race that feeds humans to their pets and watches them dying for entertainment? Sure, I get the allegory of humans being cruel to animals, but it's hard to feel for them after being portrayed like that, especially if there has been only one nice alien out of thousands sadistic killers.
    To them we're insects, that one girl's act was the equivalent of a human setting a tarantula free.

Even still, complete genocide is complete genocide. We don't even know why they attacked earth yet, something is clearly wrong with this picture. Especially since the aliens seem to use the same Gantz equipment.

We already know that the aliens and the humans get some indicators planted in their heads to tell each other they are enemies, so it still feels like someone is pulling the strings.

Gantz #364 Raw Here: Click Here

Lol Nishi has done it now!! Omg lol

I want to laugh but somehow I have the feeling Tae will somehow survive. I don't know why but I just have that feeling.

Still, Nishi is a bastard lol.

King of One Piece Parody Sonic Youth's Avatar

My feelings about this manga.
    Who exactly is Mumbo?
    It's OFFICIAL, UsoppXNami 4ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Youth View Post

My feelings about this manga.
    This is perfect.
    3DS friend code: 2964-8756-2295
    Games: Pokemon Y & Alpha Sapphire

So it comes down to this?

Nishi vs Kurono? If he's so evil, then why did he save Takashi?

Eh... ah.... ughhh.. never mind.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information