+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 157

Thread: Zoro and a seastone sword

  1. #101
    A Futue Bounty of 310mil Neomaster121's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    England (london)

    Default Re: Zoro and a seastone sword

    yea dimonds r strong like that as they are connected by a network of covalent bonds this network is wat makes it hard to cut

    graphite from pencils are easier as these covalent bonds are layed upon each other

  2. #102
    Thank you PN for Avatar ^^ Gorlom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    European timezone

    Default Re: Zoro and a seastone sword

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosé View Post

    Nope, no self-harming.
    Hwah?

    Oh wait, sorry.

    I've been through this almost four times now, I've posted the page where it was stated that Kuma was made of a superior material, or something of the likes.
    post it again (or direct me to the post where you posted it) I obviously missed it. I'v skipped any posts you've made that wasn't directly answering me as you seemed to be discussing splitting the sky or something which i find utterly irrelevant to any and all arguments.

    Please, do explain to me just how one can hit something that will deflect you, unless you're above the speed of light? Because, as you said yourself, they've only shown that Kuma can reflect with his palms....maybe not only with his palms?
    First of all why would speed off light make a difference? Secondly it is only the pads on the palm of his hands that deflect. nothing else as we see when both sanji and zoro hits him in other places. I think Kuma even explains this.

    Please stop implying that I'm making things up, everything you're wanting me to explain has been explained a few pages before.
    Ok, I'll start saying outright that you are either making it up or misunderstanding what you read.

    Now right now, I'm neither in the mood for taking up that line of thought again, and I'm tired.
    Pause for now?
    And no, that doesn't mean I have no arguments, it means that I'm no goddamn robot.
    If you want a pause then by all means take one and only answer when you are ready to resume the discussion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neomaster121 View Post
    yea dimonds r strong like that as they are connected by a network of covalent bonds this network is wat makes it hard to cut

    graphite from pencils are easier as these covalent bonds are layed upon each other
    Who are you responding to? and what is your point? almost everyone know its hard to cut diamonds (but it seems it's less known that it's not all to difficult to smash one)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas View Post
    What the...? Holy smurf am I slow! Until this statement of yours I never even realized that an octopus is actually serving octopusballs. Talk about not seeing the forest because of too many trees. *facepalm*

  3. #103

    Default Re: Zoro and a seastone sword

    You guys, cutting elements is impossible. Even if anybody achieves that benchmark, they will die immediately. Why? Because cutting the elements means cutting atoms. Cutting atoms will split the atom apart and then boom. A huge fucking explosion.

  4. #104
    Thank you PN for Avatar ^^ Gorlom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    European timezone

    Default Re: Zoro and a seastone sword

    Cutting atoms will split the atom apart and then boom. A huge fucking explosion
    are you talking about nuclear fission explosions?

    Do they not require fissionable material (usually a refined radioactive variant of uranium) to cause a chain reaction to generate that much energy... I don't think splitting hydrogen, oxygen, carbon, nitrogen, argon and whatever else makes up our atmosphere or whatever element was getting cut would be sufficient to generate any explosion.

    Because cutting the elements means cutting atoms.
    And can you tell me why splitting theoretical intangible elements in a manga would involve splitting the atoms of said elements? even if it requires splitting on an atomic level wouldn't it still be the bindings between the atoms?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas View Post
    What the...? Holy smurf am I slow! Until this statement of yours I never even realized that an octopus is actually serving octopusballs. Talk about not seeing the forest because of too many trees. *facepalm*

  5. #105

    Default Re: Zoro and a seastone sword

    Quote Originally Posted by Gorlom View Post
    are you talking about nuclear fission explosions?

    Do they not require fissionable material (usually a refined radioactive variant of uranium) to cause a chain reaction to generate that much energy... I don't think splitting hydrogen, oxygen, carbon, nitrogen, argon and whatever else makes up our atmosphere or whatever element was getting cut would be sufficient to generate any explosion.


    And can you tell me why splitting theoretical intangible elements in a manga would involve splitting the atoms of said elements? even if it requires splitting on an atomic level wouldn't it still be the bindings between the atoms?
    Indeed a heavy element is used for Atom bombs, but I think alot of energy would be produced still. I guess at first I was thinking of hydrogen bombs, but that's fusion, not fission. Still, how is any sword, even one that is sharpened to a single atom wide edge, supposed to cut molec

    Actually, sorry. I can't debate nuclear fission with you. I'm an art major, not a nuclear physics major. I'm getting way ahead of myself. I'll just say I think the sky was not cut by WB and shanks blades, but merely their aura and just cause the clouds split, does not mean air molecules were split.
    Also, why does everybody think mihawk is stronger than shanks? He lost to shanks. Maybe he's a better swordsman, but he still lost the fight, so...

  6. #106
    Thank you PN for Avatar ^^ Gorlom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    European timezone

    Default Re: Zoro and a seastone sword

    why does everybody think mihawk is stronger than shanks? He lost to shanks. Maybe he's a better swordsman, but he still lost the fight, so...
    What? SOURCE THAT PLEASE!

    As far as I know they were equal up to the point where Shanks lost his arm and after that they didn't fight because Mihawk refuses to fight a man with only one arm.
    That's the story I have heard at least(can't provide a source for it though)


    And I think you are attempting to take this splitting elements bit a bit too litteral (or assume other people are). In a manga where the main character can stretch because a fruit turned him into a rubber there might be other ways to split elements then splitting their individual atoms. That aura theory seems a bit more reasonable since they did infact not point the sharp part of the blades at the sky but at each other
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas View Post
    What the...? Holy smurf am I slow! Until this statement of yours I never even realized that an octopus is actually serving octopusballs. Talk about not seeing the forest because of too many trees. *facepalm*

  7. #107

    Default Re: Zoro and a seastone sword

    Quote Originally Posted by Gorlom View Post
    What? SOURCE THAT PLEASE!

    As far as I know they were equal up to the point where Shanks lost his arm and after that they didn't fight because Mihawk refuses to fight a man with only one arm.
    That's the story I have heard at least(can't provide a source for it though)
    I thought it was implied mihawk had given up trying to beat shanks.
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/96/16/

    Also, mihawk refuses to fight a man with one arm? Shanks can go against the whitebeard. I don't think mihawk sees it as an unfair fight. For some reason, shanks didn't get weaker since losing his arm. Or at least, it seems that way to me.
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/434/10/
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/434/16-17/

  8. #108
    A Futue Bounty of 310mil Neomaster121's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    England (london)

    Default Re: Zoro and a seastone sword

    Quote Originally Posted by notactuallytom View Post
    I thought it was implied mihawk had given up trying to beat shanks.
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/96/16/

    Also, mihawk refuses to fight a man with one arm? Shanks can go against the whitebeard. I don't think mihawk sees it as an unfair fight. For some reason, shanks didn't get weaker since losing his arm. Or at least, it seems that way to me.
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/434/10/
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/434/16-17/
    but you have no idea how shanks fought when he had two arms. He may have battle using both arms on the single katana for more power but as soon as he lost that arm he became weaker and so mi hawk didn't want to fight a weaker version as it would have proven nothing.

  9. #109
    Thank you PN for Avatar ^^ Gorlom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    European timezone

    Default Re: Zoro and a seastone sword

    Quote Originally Posted by notactuallytom View Post
    I thought it was implied mihawk had given up trying to beat shanks.
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/96/16/

    Also, mihawk refuses to fight a man with one arm? Shanks can go against the whitebeard. I don't think mihawk sees it as an unfair fight. For some reason, shanks didn't get weaker since losing his arm. Or at least, it seems that way to me.
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/434/10/
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/434/16-17/
    http://www.mangascreener.com/stephen...op-v11c096.txt

    Captain: Well well, Hawk-Eyes. An unexpected visitor.
    I'm in a bad mood right now... Have you come for a match?

    Mihawk: Hmph... I'm not interested in our fight, now that you have but one arm.
    I've found some interesting pirates.
    They reminded me of something you talked about many years ago.
    About a small village... and a funny young man...
    Depends on the translation doesn't it?

    I don't think they have fought since Shanks lost his arm. Don't know if it's because it's implied by this or if there was some other source for it. But I trust Stephens translation over this "vree" guy in your translation.


    I can't say why Mihawk doesnt want to fight Shanks even if he did not become weaker. I don't know what goes on in his head. We haven't really seen enough of im for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas View Post
    What the...? Holy smurf am I slow! Until this statement of yours I never even realized that an octopus is actually serving octopusballs. Talk about not seeing the forest because of too many trees. *facepalm*

  10. #110

    Default Re: Zoro and a seastone sword

    Quote Originally Posted by Neomaster121 View Post
    but you have no idea how shanks fought when he had two arms. He may have battle using both arms on the single katana for more power but as soon as he lost that arm he became weaker and so mi hawk didn't want to fight a weaker version as it would have proven nothing.
    Yeah what I'm saying is I don't think shanks is weaker with only one arm.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gorlom View Post
    http://www.mangascreener.com/stephen...op-v11c096.txt



    Depends on the translation doesn't it?

    I don't think they have fought since Shanks lost his arm. Don't know if it's because it's implied by this or if there was some other source for it. But I trust Stephens translation over this "vree" guy in your translation.


    I can't say why Mihawk doesnt want to fight Shanks even if he did not become weaker. I don't know what goes on in his head. We haven't really seen enough of im for that.
    Indeed. Thanks for that. I'd like to see the RAW. It seems like they at least encountered eachother sometime after shanks had given luffy the straw hat, since that's when he truly saw the potential in luffy.
    Last edited by notactuallytom; May 11th, 2008 at 02:09 PM.

  11. #111

    Default Re: Zoro and a seastone sword

    Quote Originally Posted by notactuallytom View Post
    Yeah what I'm saying is I don't think shanks is weaker with only one arm.
    Shanks lost his left arm(he's a left handed), that's enough reason to say that he became weaker.

  12. #112
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    On the THE LAST VΩYAGE

    Default Re: Zoro and a seastone sword

    where'd you hear he was left handed? and no, it's still speculation

  13. #113

    Default Re: Zoro and a seastone sword

    Quote Originally Posted by ctarlong910 View Post
    where'd you hear he was left handed? and no, it's still speculation
    16 WTFZOMGBBQLOL

  14. #114
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Who said you can't wear panties on your head?

    Default Re: Zoro and a seastone sword

    Quote Originally Posted by notactuallytom View Post
    I thought it was implied mihawk had given up trying to beat shanks.
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/96/16/

    Also, mihawk refuses to fight a man with one arm? Shanks can go against the whitebeard. I don't think mihawk sees it as an unfair fight. For some reason, shanks didn't get weaker since losing his arm. Or at least, it seems that way to me.
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/434/10/
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/434/16-17/

    I don't see how you came to that conclusion, but fact is that what every single one of us is posting, is speculation.
    But, from that image of young Shanks, we see him reaching out to unsheath another sword.
    And his flag:
    Spoiler:

    Contains two swords.
    That's the proof that makes me think he originally was at his best with two swords, which I doubt he can still use, unless he's got a technique similar to Asura up his one remaining sleeve.
    Note that they are both swordsmen, so I don't see Shanks being the stronger one since Mihawk has the title.
    Oh, and that day they meet, it might just be that Mihawk can't be bothered to battle Shanks, I mean he destroys Don Kriegs fleet just because he's bored.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorlom
    post it again (or direct me to the post where you posted it) I obviously missed it. I'v skipped any posts you've made that wasn't directly answering me as you seemed to be discussing splitting the sky or something which i find utterly irrelevant to any and all arguments.
    If I were a deadly sin, I'd be sloth.


    First of all why would speed off light make a difference? Secondly it is only the pads on the palm of his hands that deflect. nothing else as we see when both sanji and zoro hits him in other places. I think Kuma even explains this.
    Hmm.
    Well, because I'm assuming (note that we're all making assumptions here) that those paws won't be fast enough to deflect something going at a speed like that.
    Why?
    Because if they could deflect things the speed of light, they would be black. Why?
    Because light particles would bounce right off them, thus our eyes would take it as being black.
    Doesn't make sense seeing we can see the paws.
    He does?
    But you're forgetting that Kuma wasn't all that keen on fighting them in the first place.
    So, I don't think he would've shown us all his techniques and honestly, he knows that they can't even scratch him, so didn't even bother defending himself.

    Who knows? Maybe he's got a paw on his arse?
    Pota- No, Tomato, Tomahto, take it either way.
    Ok, I'll start saying outright that you are either making it up or misunderstanding what you read.
    Nope, I'm speculating.
    "In a rhetoric, logical debate, facts can be seen in a kaleidoscope of lights, either to be tested, yet only one truth will remain unconquered. This is the first step towards the true nature of things"~
    I forget who said that, but it's in my coursebook.
    We might be seeing the same thing, but until Oda proves us wrong, neither of us is right.
    If you want a pause then by all means take one and only answer when you are ready to resume the discussion.
    Aye, thanks for that.
    I don't even know where you got that strange info on Kuma or why Zoro would need a seastone sword to land a hit on him. Zoro DID land a hit on him (Sanji too), it's just that they didn't cause any damage because he was a cyborg and they were expecting to hit (relatively) soft flesh and bones.
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/485/07/
    Here, Zorro states that he's much harder then steel.
    The way he states this, sort of implies that he can't yet cut through anything harder.
    When he was fighting Das Bones, he couldn't discern the breath of the metal in him, because he "was" the metal.
    Same with Kuma really, his "breath" and the "breath" of the metal in his body is the same.
    Also,
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/485/08/
    Here it seems like, Kuma has absorbed the damage Zorro caused him (the damage he let Zorro cause him) and sent it back through his mouth. Which sorta implies his powers extend further then just his two hands.
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/485/10/
    Once again, I don't think Zorro would have mentioned his body alongside the ability if he had been able to cut it.
    As much as I like Zorro, he was pretty stumped.
    And I think you are attempting to take this splitting elements bit a bit too litteral (or assume other people are). In a manga where the main character can stretch because a fruit turned him into a rubber there might be other ways to split elements then splitting their individual atoms. That aura theory seems a bit more reasonable since they did infact not point the sharp part of the blades at the sky but at each other
    Amen to that.
    But,
    It could either be two aura's clashing, or the sheer force of their impact.

  15. #115
    Thank you PN for Avatar ^^ Gorlom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    European timezone

    Default Re: Zoro and a seastone sword

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosé View Post
    I don't see how you came to that conclusion, but fact is that what every single one of us is posting, is speculation.
    But, from that image of young Shanks, we see him reaching out to unsheath another sword.
    And his flag:
    Contains two swords.
    That's the proof that makes me think he originally was at his best with two swords, which I doubt he can still use, unless he's got a technique similar to Asura up his one remaining sleeve.
    His flag hardly proves anything. Having two swords were common on pirateflags... they used bones swords or hourglasses (don kreig if I recall correctly) like that.
    Furtherrmore in the first chapter of one piece Shanks still has both arms but still only carry one sword:
    Hmm.
    Well, because I'm assuming (note that we're all making assumptions here) that those paws won't be fast enough to deflect something going at a speed like that.
    Why?
    Because if they could deflect things the speed of light, they would be black.
    Why?
    Because light particles would bounce right off them, thus our eyes would take it as being black.
    Doesn't make sense seeing we can see the paws.

    1. No they would be shining bright white if they constantly deflected the light. Black holes are black because they do NOT reflect light back.
    2. Unlike Luffys rubber fruit the paw paw fruit seems to be activation (like say foxy's noru noru fruit). Otherwise he would be deflecting his gloves all the time. Which in turn means that the pads on his hands can have whatever colour in the rainbow since they are not constantly reflecting light particles as you assumed they did.



    Ok Thanks. Well I guess I will have to give in on that one.


    Since the beam he fires from his mouth is not paw shaped i doubt its related to his power. It's more likely that he just fired some cyborg weaponry.


    Quote Originally Posted by ctarlong910 View Post
    where'd you hear he was left handed? and no, it's still speculation
    Since shanks carried the sword on his right side in the first chapter of the manga he is either left handed, ambidexterious or very unorthodox in his way to unsheet his sword.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas View Post
    What the...? Holy smurf am I slow! Until this statement of yours I never even realized that an octopus is actually serving octopusballs. Talk about not seeing the forest because of too many trees. *facepalm*

  16. #116
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Who said you can't wear panties on your head?

    Default Re: Zoro and a seastone sword

    Quote Originally Posted by Gorlom View Post
    His flag hardly proves anything. Having two swords were common on pirateflags... they used bones swords or hourglasses (don kreig if I recall correctly) like that.
    Furtherrmore in the first chapter of one piece Shanks still has both arms but still only carry one sword:
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/1/30
    Now you reminded me that I need to read the first few chapters. =]
    I didn't know that, thanks.



    1. No they would be shining bright white if they constantly deflected the light. Black holes are black because they do NOT reflect light back.
    2. Unlike Luffys rubber fruit the paw paw fruit seems to be activation (like say foxy's noru noru fruit). Otherwise he would be deflecting his gloves all the time. Which in turn means that the pads on his hands can have whatever colour in the rainbow since they are not constantly reflecting light particles as you assumed they did.
    Alrighty, I got that one the wrong way around.
    So, since they're not shining bright white, that means that they cannot deflect things at the speed of light and beyond.



    http://www.onema
    Since the beam he fires from his mouth is not paw shaped i doubt its related to his power. It's more likely that he just fired some cyborg weaponry.

    Aye, you've got quite a point there.
    I dunno, but maybe Vegapunk would somehow let slip something about these Pacifista alongside his meddling with DF's?
    I hope so, it's really intriguing.

  17. #117
    Thank you PN for Avatar ^^ Gorlom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    European timezone

    Default Re: Zoro and a seastone sword

    Alrighty, I got that one the wrong way around.
    So, since they're not shining bright white, that means that they cannot deflect things at the speed of light and beyond.
    No, it doesn't... (well the beyond light speed part was given since nothing can travel faster then light.)
    There is nothing indicating that the pads are constantly deflecting at all times. If they were he wouldn't be able to wear his gloves and he would constantly be fireing pawprints at everyone and everything.
    And since he can choose what he deflects I'm pretty certain that his ability needs to be activated.

    He'd be like "Cyclops" from X-men otherwise. (cyclops constantly shoots lazers from his eyes and needs a special visor to contain it, just incase you aren't familiar with marvel heroes.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas View Post
    What the...? Holy smurf am I slow! Until this statement of yours I never even realized that an octopus is actually serving octopusballs. Talk about not seeing the forest because of too many trees. *facepalm*

  18. #118
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Who said you can't wear panties on your head?

    Default Re: Zoro and a seastone sword

    Quote Originally Posted by Gorlom View Post
    No, it doesn't... (well the beyond light speed part was given since nothing can travel faster then light.)
    There is nothing indicating that the pads are constantly deflecting at all times. If they were he wouldn't be able to wear his gloves and he would constantly be fireing pawprints at everyone and everything.
    And since he can choose what he deflects I'm pretty certain that his ability needs to be activated.

    He'd be like "Cyclops" from X-men otherwise. (cyclops constantly shoots lazers from his eyes and needs a special visor to contain it, just incase you aren't familiar with marvel heroes.)

    Okay, according to what you're saying, he needs to precisely time his powers to the second on impact.
    Which would sorta mean that anybody with that maad speed, would be able to slice his paws without having anything deflected.
    But you're right, it just occurred to me that he'd be deflecting the air particles before his paws, which we would've noticed.
    Then again, they might be constantly deflecting the moment he activates them.

    Psh, like Cyclops makes any sense whatsoever.
    How come his eyelids don't get messed up by those maaaad lasers?

  19. #119
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    On the THE LAST VΩYAGE

    Default Re: Zoro and a seastone sword

    This topic was arguing about cutting fire, which by the way is impossible since it is a form of energy and IIRC has no matter. My point being iff you think something like cutting fire is possible, the color of paws shouldn't determine what it can and can't deflect. I doubt that oda even knows this stuff about tthe deflecction of light and if he does he never took it into concideration.
    Last edited by ctarlong910; May 12th, 2008 at 09:02 AM.

  20. #120
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Who said you can't wear panties on your head?

    Default Re: Zoro and a seastone sword

    Quote Originally Posted by ctarlong910 View Post
    This topic was arguing about cutting fire, which by the way is impossible since it is a form of energy and IIRC has no matter. My point being iff you think something like cutting fire is possible, the color of paws shouldn't determine what it can and can't deflect. I doubt that oda even knows this stuff about tthe deflecction of light and if he does he never took it into concideration.
    Last edited by Rosť; May 12th, 2008 at 09:13 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts