+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Could someone explain this to me?

Default Could someone explain this to me?

http://img7.onemanga.com/mangas/0000...0029641/11.jpg

Shanky said that Luffy took one of the five path... But in the same panel she also said the others took the other six??? How could this be if there are just 5? Maybe it's a mistake in the translation and instead of five she means seven? Or I just getting it wrong?

She said that all ends up in this town in order to cross the red line. But if you look on the map you can see other roots? Couldn't they take this roots?

Default Re: Could someone explain this to me?

It's possible that Fishman Island has such a strong magnetic pull that it'll pull everyone there, even if they're far away from it. Or maybe the logs point to the next island in the new world and they've gotta get an eternal pose for Fishman Island.

And yeah, the 5 routes is just a translation error

or maybe they have to travel ON the Red Line, not under - you know, finding a new ship and sth like that... but most of them just go to the Fishem Island.
    The only reason for walking into the jaws of Death is so's you can steal his gold teeth.

for #2: check out how the mugiwara arrived at the red line via their route but had to traverse against the rock face of the red line to find shanbondy.

for #1: i'm not sure. there are only five routes but there are seven starting points
    I recommend: Peerless Martial God, Renegade Immortal, Gourmet of Another World, Trash of the Counts Family and The Great Ruler

Quote Originally Posted by KiShiDo View Post

Shanky said that Luffy took one of the five path... But in the same panel she also said the others took the other six??? How could this be if there are just 5? Maybe it's a mistake in the translation and instead of five she means seven? Or I just getting it wrong?

Translation error

She said that all ends up in this town in order to cross the red line. But if you look on the map you can see other roots? Couldn't they take this roots?

Answer:

She said that all ends up in this town in order to cross the red line.
    You just answered your own question.

Thank you PN for Avatar ^^ Gorlom's Avatar

You lack the quality of a propper troll BartholomewKuma. You have been pretty bad for weeks but this is just so lame even from a troll point of view that imo you should just stop entirely.

Go to NF or something, they probably bite more too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas View Post
    What the...? Holy smurf am I slow! Until this statement of yours I never even realized that an octopus is actually serving octopusballs. Talk about not seeing the forest because of too many trees. *facepalm*

Quote Originally Posted by KiShiDo View Post

You're just getting this wrong. There are seven starting islands, which means that there seven possible routes to take through the first half of the grand line. However, by the time they cross the Grand Line, there have been two convergences of routes, meaning that at this point there are only five Log post routes to take.
    Only one of these routes directs towards Fishman Island (Luffy's.) All of the others simply point to islands on the New World side of the Red Line. But, because Fishman Island is the only route to the New World that is not controlled by the World Government, all of the pirates will have to pass through it no matter their Log Post route.

The bigger question is what the layover time is in Fishman Island for a Log Post to set. If it is really short, then the other Rookies will have their Posts redirected while they are passing through. If it is too long though, that means that the Strawhats will be stuck in FI waiting while the other Rookies get a head start in the New World.

Also, it should be noted that we don't know whether the Strawhats have stayed on the same Log Post route this entire time. When their log post was redirected towards Skypiea's Fairy Vearth, they likely switched routes. They had been originally heading towards a "Fall Island" after all.

Nah Boiga that version is a translation error as it is talking about the paths they have already taken and is contradicting itself.

Also, it should be noted that we don't know whether the Strawhats have stayed on the same Log Post route this entire time. When their log post was redirected towards Skypiea's Fairy Vearth, they likely switched routes. They had been originally heading towards a "Fall Island" after all.
    Didn't they use an eternal post somewhere (other then the one from mashira) or was the only other eternal pose they got their hands on the one from Robin that they declined?
    What the...? Holy smurf am I slow! Until this statement of yours I never even realized that an octopus is actually serving octopusballs. Talk about not seeing the forest because of too many trees. *facepalm*

yup they used an eternal pose to get to arabasta
    I recommend: Peerless Martial God, Renegade Immortal, Gourmet of Another World, Trash of the Counts Family and The Great Ruler

who did they get that one from?

Quote Originally Posted by Gorlom View Post
    who did they get that one from?
    Sanji got it from the Unluckies in Little Garden.

ah that's right...

but they went to drum after little garden right? so they didn't use it right away?

They wandered onto Drum randomly after little garden and stopped because Nami was sick.

So really, they have only been following a single Log Post route from Skypiea -> Water 7 -> Fishman Island.

Yup. They wandered aimlessly while Nami was sick, trying to find a doctor. Afterwards though, they used it.

So what's left to discuss here?

Doubt-ダウト- Kitsune: 9-Tailed Beast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boiga View Post
    So really, they have only been following a single Log Post route from Skypiea -> Water 7 -> Fishman Island.
    Wrong.
    They ended up on Long-Long Island (Randomly I believe) So its...
    Long Long -> Water 7 -> Fishman Island
    Some people say that the every heartbeat us the sound of god, kicking an angel, in the face.

The way I have it interpreted, is that not all the rookies go to fishman island. They all converge at the archipelago because of the coating, but just go underwater in the directions their log posts point. The Strawhats seems to point to Fishman, it is possible that the others just point straight again, and the only way to get to it is under the red line.

Another way to also look at it is that there are various different islands under the red line, and fishman is obviously the main big one.

The only reason I'm thinking this way is, I don't see how if every one converges to fishman island that they all end up with different log directions after.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune: 9-Tailed Beast View Post
    Wrong.
    They ended up on Long-Long Island (Randomly I believe) So its...
    Long Long -> Water 7 -> Fishman Island
    Are you sure about that? I don't remember nami ever actually stating that the Log Post reset during the Foxy saga.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkestsith6 View Post
    The only reason I'm thinking this way is, I don't see how if every one converges to fishman island that they all end up with different log directions after.
    Like I mentioned, because it takes somewhere between a day and a year for the Log Post to reset, they can hurry through Fishman Island into the New World and then head towards the island that their Log Post points to without it resetting in Fishman Island.

There's only 1 underwater route through the Red Line, so they'll all have to make it through there before following their Log Posts in the New World.

Yup that sounds about right Darkest. Not all of the crews will go onto Fishman island, especially with it being at such a depth and i imagine that getting the ships to go so deep won't be an easy task and thus some will go straight across the red line at the easiest opportunity while others will go to the gyojin island. I expect only six of the crews including the mugiwaras to make it past the redline.

Pirate Hunter Roronoa Zoro rubanga's Avatar

There is only one hole underneath the redline and thats fishman island.
    The other rookies log post is most likely ponting to an island in the new world but they have only two paths to get there, either via fishman island or mariejoa.
    The strawhats log is actually pointing to fishman island, the other rookies will proberly have to use an eternal post to get through and past fishman island to the new world.

I'm not sure that going underneath the redline means that you automatically go to fishman island. if you look at the diagram then you clearly see that only one root goes through the centre. so while the other crews will come in close proximity with fishman island. the fact that only the mugiwaras have their pose pointing to the island say that you don't have to visit the island in order to get to the new world.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information