+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What is Mini-Merry?

Horny One Piece Meka-ratta^^ Rank: Failed Mutineer Kingoffans's Avatar

Default What is Mini-Merry?

The Straw Hats were extremely heart broken when Merry finally bit the dust. To them she was an irreplaceable friend whom they've had countless adventures with. It makes sense then that they were ecstatic when she returned in the form of Mini-Merry 2. It was if it were a revival of Merry. The question is, IS IT MERRY?O_O

The Straw Hats seemed overjoyed as if Merry had finally come back from the dead. I believe Usopp mentioned Merry had been re-incarnated but can a ship really come back just like that? If it were simply a case of building a ship with her likeness to bring back Merry then there should have been no problem in Water 7 when Nami asked whether they could build an identical ship to Merry. So Mini-Merry 2 shouldn't be Merry yet the Straw Hats were acting like Merry had returned to them (Chopper in fact, said this) Could this Mini-Merry possess Merry's soul transferred into itself by the Klaubetermann? Or is it just a ship designed to look like Merry but has no actual relationship to the original. Yet why were the Straw Hats so happy and saying that she returned? Quite the debacle.

Discuss.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Default Re: What is Mini-Merry?

are you fucking retarded

So says the guy with the avvy of a guy on drugs.

I just want to know what kind of relationship the Strawhats have to Mini-Merry 2. Whether there is maybe more to it than meets the eye. Is it really the reincarnation of Merry?
    Last edited by Kingoffans; April 25th, 2008 at 11:45 AM.

i had kind of speculated myself that the spirit of merry would transfer over to the thousand sunny because theoretically the strawhats would love it and take care of it the same way they did merry...as far as mini-merry goes...i think thats more of them just being happy they have something to remind them of merry around

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

i hope u get banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kingoffans View Post
    I just want to know what kind of relationship the Strawhats have to Mini-Merry 2. Whether there is maybe more to it than meets the eye. Is it really the reincarnation of Merry?
    You just want to know???? Are you fucking retarded?

People are talking as if it were obvious but I do see it as ambiguous. And why all the negativity and profanity btw?>.> There is such a thing as being more courteous.

I think it is like giving you son the name of your father or grandfather. It is an homage, a kind reminder of a lost loved one.
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

Yet they seemed so happy as if Merry had returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    I think it is like giving you son the name of your father or grandfather. It is an homage, a kind reminder of a lost loved one.
    Great answer, I think the same, the Merry is gone and so her spirit, the mini merry is a different Ship and I'm sure the Straw hats are aware of that.

Yes, that is the most probable answer. Yet I am just curious whether it is possible for there to be some sort of soul transference.

I mean first off, how did Merry get her soul? Is it because she is special or is this Klaubetermann an any ship deal? Or does the ship have to be extremely loved to get a soul? What does the Klaubetermann do, does it give a ship a soul or what? Exploring these details might make things more clear.

Jesuszilla son of Godzilla Kakaliaha's Avatar

Kingoffans is fucking retarded.

Seriously, if you don't like this topic then don't post in it>.>

Rather than making as ass hat out of yourself and insulting me because you THINK it makes you look cool, why don't you contribute to this topic which delves into the very vague and abstract concept of ships having souls and the implications behind them or do you think you can tell me everything about that in one paragraph? And that goes for the rest of you jerks who have nothing meaningful to say as well>.>

Seriously, if you don't like this topic then don't post in it>.>

Rather than making as ass hat out of yourself and insulting me because you THINK it makes you look cool, why don't you contribute to this topic which delves into the very vague and abstract concept of ships having souls and the implications behind them or do you think you can tell me everything about that in one paragraph? And that goes for the rest of you jerks who have nothing meaningful to say as well>.>
    I agree completely with everything he just said. Seriously, there's absolutely no reason to call someone "F***ing retarded" just for asking a question. Actually, there's no reason to call anyone that in any context, unless you WANT to look like an immature brat trying to be cool. Because that's all you're achieving.

So, in order to avoid contradicting the entire point I was agreeing with, I think Deicide's theory makes the most sense.

Thank you Vegard, anyway I think to answer my question, we have to delve into the origins of this phenomenon called the Klaubterermann.

So I'll just repost my questions here because it is really confusing the hell out of me.

I mean first off, how did Merry get her soul? Is it because she is special or is this Klaubetermann an any ship deal? Or does the ship have to be extremely loved to get a soul? What does the Klaubetermann do, does it give a ship a soul or what? Exploring these details might make things more clear.

Thank you Vegard, anyway I think to answer my question, we have to delve into the origins of this phenomenon called the Klaubterermann.

So I'll just repost my questions here because it is really confusing the hell out of me.

In the original (German)legend klabauterman is a fairy that appears on doomed ships and helps the sailormen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klabautermann ).

In One Piece Franky describes the Klabauterman as an incarnation of the Ship :

http://www.onepiecehq.com/manga-view...-+351+-+17.jpg
    http://www.onepiecehq.com/manga-view...-+351+-+18.jpg

and he implies that every Ship has a soul but only the very loved ships show them to their owners, so the Mini-merry can't have the same soul Merry had since it is a new ship.

The reason everyone is arased is because this topic has been discused before already, please use the search function next time before you open a new thread.

Last edited by tekko; April 25th, 2008 at 02:02 PM.

the hammer is my penis skarlath's Avatar

alright

as much as would love to declare the exact same statement as Sanctum let me help you out, Horny One Piece Fan Guy Thing

Franky stated the Merry's soul would be transfered to Thousand Sunny, probably because they would love it just as much.

The Mini-Merry is a ship shaped like Merry. It does not have the soul, as it is probably considered to be "part" of Sunny.

Whole mothership thing that Franky mentioned.

Alright? Next time you come up with a stupid thread like this I will flame you.

It will be glorious
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryPotter View Post
    I fuck my mom and then suck on my own dick.
    If you only knew the power of the Pork Side

Wait a sec...

So Merry's soul WAS TRANSFERRED to Sunny and Mini Merry gets no soul because it is smaller than Sunny?

Sure... Gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctum View Post
    are you fucking retarded
    When I read this post all I heard was Jay's voice. It was great.

They're only happy because someone gave them a mini ship.
    Just like when someone give you a cotton candy, you'll be happy too right?
    Last edited by BartholomewKuma; April 25th, 2008 at 06:40 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information