Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Back :)

Default Welcome Back :)

Welcome back to the reality .. :) I hope you all enjoyed our AF prank this year! You can see all the madness here.

We are still in process of going back to normal, so if you see anything left behind from AF, please let us know.

ps. Sorry for the forum down time about 24 hours ago. There was a server maintenance going on.
    Last edited by oceanizer; April 1st, 2008 at 11:35 PM.

Default Re: Welcome Back :)

This is much better then last years april's fool, when this fourm got hacked, when the staff who are still controlling the board has to panic as if they are in trouble which encourge people to think the staff needs help only to hang their heads in shame once it was revealed as an april's fool joke. Still I hate april's fools but jokes are only funny when I don't fall for it.
    Currently writing a book

https://www.facebook.com/redjoekido

By the 7 Sons of Pwngoat! *Meh*'s Avatar

Felt like Mardi Gras, only without the debauchery or police brutality. In other words, FUN!
    I'm like Hisotensoku: Not here to preserve peace, nor to destroy it. I certainly can't move mountains. Mostly, I'm just full of hot air.
    - *Meh*

Give back the Fanclubs!
    Yibis One Piece Fansubs
    http://yibis.com - #yibis@irc.rizon.net

And the Battledome!!1
    Yibis One Piece Fansubs

And it might be an idea to give a lengthier ban to those that were banned during the festivities. If they were killing the fun of an April Fool's joke, that might be a hint that they are slowly killing this forum like a cancer.

Why bother? Nobody even bothered to vote on my battle.

Proposal for next year: Oda crushed under shin-kashein. Film at 11.

It was fun at first, then it got boring. And no, that has nothing to do with my banment. It was just my opinion on the matter.

But it was fun! While I was against some of the personal trolling I saw going on I'm sure everyone had fun, and that's what matters. I hope everyone had a blast! It taught me a thing or two about myself, personally.

Question, you seem to have left the AF's forum opened for reply and such. Was this intentional?

Oh oh, another question. What do you plan to do about all the posting that happened in general threads? Do you plan to leave it be or is the staff gonna go through all of them and filter it out into a brand new topic in the AF forum?

Finally the nightmare is dead (for another year at least).

Quote Originally Posted by Bounty1Berry View Post
    Why bother? Nobody even bothered to vote on my battle.
    So we're not getting a battledome until you can come up with fights that don't suck?
    Yibis One Piece Fansubs

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

The joke was surprising/amusing at first, I literally did a double take looking at the link, but the chaos was unnecessary, long and frankly rather dumb - I think the forums should have run normally with just the NarutoFan skin & text. Less stressful than last year of course but still far too silly to last a whole day and then some.

I think the mess just served to illustrate how retarded some of the forum folk have become recently, and fostering behaviour like that online leaks into the real world and thus can't be productive for society at large. I'd hate to be a boss who hires someone who expresses a dysfunctional sense of humour since it's implicitly impairing their work ethic, whether they're aware of it or not.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

I agree, it should have just been the skin and text filtering. There was no need for the trolling, the bannings, or the fake promotions.

Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
    The joke was surprising/amusing at first, I literally did a double take looking at the link, but the chaos was unnecessary, long and frankly rather dumb - I think the forums should have run normally with just the NarutoFan skin & text. Less stressful than last year of course but still far too silly to last a whole day and then some.

I think the mess just served to illustrate how retarded some of the forum folk have become recently, and fostering behaviour like that online leaks into the real world and thus can't be productive for society at large. I'd hate to be a boss who hires someone who expresses a dysfunctional sense of humour since it's implicitly impairing their work ethic, whether they're aware of it or not.
    Are you implying that what went on in an internet forum about a Japanese comic book during April Fools will affect society as a whole?

Wow...just wow...

Sadly, it's quite true Kidnay, the on-going moral decay of today's society can in fact be directly attributed to the chaotic & quite frankly tactless behaviour of a dinstinct group of Japanese manga forum goers on April Fools day.

They've done studies, you know.

I demand to see these studies that you speak my dear Battle Franky. For I cannot simply take your information at face value. Now unless you bring me pages upon pages of what I desire, I bid you good day sir.

It's on google, towards the back somewhere.

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kidany View Post
    Are you implying that what went on in an internet forum about a Japanese comic book during April Fools will affect society as a whole?
    It goes far beyond AFD, I don't know why you restricted the phenomenon to that day only. The moronic behaviour merely peaked on that day, it's been quite prevalent in forums all the time really.

I observed this same sort of stuff at Bulbagarden in Y2K; quite literally, Brownie, Draizuh, Tenchi-Oak and a number of other folk went down the same path and are currently held up at anenga, where they talk about their dismal lives while repeating old internet memes like "Operation 1337".

I'm of the opinion that people internalize things passively; "you are how you act" as it were. if one acts like a jerk, one becomes a jerk and just increases in jerkdom over-time; by such an extension, one who acts like an idiot becomes the idiot!

This is why I never try to intentionally troll people or be rude/nasty - if I start, it'll snowball and I'll turn into a bona fide green-toed troll, whereas right now I'm just a red-toe at best.

This is actually sort of Nietzsche as far as philosophy is concerned.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

This was so much more fun and creative than last year. Last year was just kinda 'bleh run with this crazy crap' but this year it was a solid idea that ran really well and the text-replacement ALONE made for hilariously titled threads and posts. Well done.

people having fun is apparently moronic behaviour

Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
    It goes far beyond AFD, I don't know why you restricted the phenomenon to that day only. The moronic behaviour merely peaked on that day, it's been quite prevalent in forums all the time really.

I observed this same sort of stuff at Bulbagarden in Y2K; quite literally, Brownie, Draizuh, Tenchi-Oak and a number of other folk went down the same path and are currently held up at anenga, where they talk about their dismal lives while repeating old internet memes like "Operation 1337".

I'm of the opinion that people internalize things passively; "you are how you act" as it were. if one acts like a jerk, one becomes a jerk and just increases in jerkdom over-time; by such an extension, one who acts like an idiot becomes the idiot!

This is why I never try to intentionally troll people or be rude/nasty - if I start, it'll snowball and I'll turn into a bona fide green-toed troll, whereas right now I'm just a red-toe at best.

This is actually sort of Nietzsche as far as philosophy is concerned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Carter View Post
    Good thing that everytime I'm afraid I'll have the will to live I can browse Arlong Park have it utterly eliminated

Closed Thread

Thread Information