Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Back :)

"Shocking, isn't it?" PirateBeck's Avatar

Default Re: Welcome Back :)

This April Fools, I learned a valuable lesson.

That if you want to make a sarcastic thread mocking how the average Narutard acts towards to OP and it's fans on April Fools day, you must put "LOL SARCASM" in title or other people will think your being serious.

Like this guy :)

Scottish one piece fan shining knight's Avatar

thank god thats over

just one lingering thing though

what did datteboyo or whatever it was mean?

Quote Originally Posted by ThegreatPirateKing View Post

That if you want to make a sarcastic thread mocking how the average Narutard acts towards to OP and it's fans on April Fools day, you must put "LOL SARCASM" in title or other people will think your being serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephos
    WHAT????????????????????
    what he said 123456789
    Yibis One Piece Fansubs
    http://yibis.com - #yibis@irc.rizon.net

Just another Robin fan Tare_chan's Avatar

Ah, my lovely AP forum is back to normal. Glad to see that ^_^ not that I despise Naruto that much (I even saw a beautiful Naru x Hina siggy <3), but it just feel.... wrong XD

Shining Knight: I think 'dattebayo' just a word that Naruto said in end of every sentences. I don't think it has any meaning. But who am I to say?? I'm still learning hiragana for God's sake XD

Z/R Forever!!
    sig by: inori

Yeah it was fun, even if I went a little crazy at one point. Cheers!

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    At the end of the world, it would appear..

I'm leaving it as the Naruto skin

everything for big fire Earthworm Zim's Avatar

How dare you let Lobster, AWB, Sandai and Gary back in.
    no jared

Much more fun than last year, though last year was still more memorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
    The joke was surprising/amusing at first, I literally did a double take looking at the link, but the chaos was unnecessary, long and frankly rather dumb - I think the forums should have run normally with just the NarutoFan skin & text. Less stressful than last year of course but still far too silly to last a whole day and then some.

I think the mess just served to illustrate how retarded some of the forum folk have become recently, and fostering behaviour like that online leaks into the real world and thus can't be productive for society at large. I'd hate to be a boss who hires someone who expresses a dysfunctional sense of humour since it's implicitly impairing their work ethic, whether they're aware of it or not.
    Seriously, you're probably one of the worst members here, and the sad part is because you use a lot of "big words" and make longer posts, a bunch of suckers (Sandai Mera) actually find you persuasive.

A few things that make no sense:

- As I've said before, you're possibly amongst the people with the worst senses of humor on this website. Constantly repeating/referencing old-hat memes from "Yotsuba" isn't very funny. You're not really in a position to criticize others' senses of humor.

- Saying that acting like an idiot online will make you act like an idiot when interacting with flesh and blood people is just lol

- How the hell can someone's sense of humor impair their work ethic, unless they're a complete idiot who isn't qualified for the work, and would be terminated for that or unrelated reasons anyway?

Lay off the "internetology" for a bit.

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

Take it to PM if you guys need to continue that.

Jay_n_SilentNOOB Jay_n_Silentbob's Avatar
    Pennslyvania, US (indeed, it's spelt wrong...Noone knows how to spell it)

Quote Originally Posted by ThegreatPirateKing View Post

The irony of this post is way too much to bear.

Great Pirate King

More like Great Pirate BING amirite, guys
    Brawl FC: 1848-1356-2850

Quote Originally Posted by Lobster Pot-Sticker View Post
    I'm leaving it as the Naruto skin
    Wait, it's a selectable skin now? Hmm, I'll have to keep that in mind.
    My Livejournal/blog
    Quote Originally Posted by JERK DISEASE View Post
    His character is dull now anyway, he's a smug little ace, I miss the part 1 Shikamaru, the dunce who was actually smart. That whole thematic world is dead and gone and I don't think Kishi even remembers it.

Whatever you say I am Kurusaki Ichigo's Avatar

Hey! Glad to be back in town & unbanned, was pretty funny yesterday, had quite a laugh! Nevertheless great forum and team!

EDIT
    btw could someone delete my account? I'd really appriciate that, thx in advance!
    Last edited by Kurusaki Ichigo; April 2nd, 2008 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tare_chan View Post
    Ah, my lovely AP forum is back to normal. Glad to see that ^_^ not that I despise Naruto that much (I even saw a beautiful Naru x Hina siggy <3), but it just feel.... wrong XD

Shining Knight: I think 'dattebayo' just a word that Naruto said in end of every sentences. I don't think it has any meaning. But who am I to say?? I'm still learning hiragana for God's sake XD
    i think that was me going into the narutard role as a NF member

and i dragged that sig from their narutoxhinata A PATIENT LOVE FC thread, which apparently has freak'n 1 million views for crying out loud
    Brawl Name: Ramza
    Brawl Code: 1805-1932-2783

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Yian,across the seven oceans and the river which is longer than from the earth to the moon

actualy,its been used by 3 other sites .

Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
    It goes far beyond AFD, I don't know why you restricted the phenomenon to that day only. The moronic behaviour merely peaked on that day, it's been quite prevalent in forums all the time really.

I observed this same sort of stuff at Bulbagarden in Y2K; quite literally, Brownie, Draizuh, Tenchi-Oak and a number of other folk went down the same path and are currently held up at anenga, where they talk about their dismal lives while repeating old internet memes like "Operation 1337".

I'm of the opinion that people internalize things passively; "you are how you act" as it were. if one acts like a jerk, one becomes a jerk and just increases in jerkdom over-time; by such an extension, one who acts like an idiot becomes the idiot!

This is why I never try to intentionally troll people or be rude/nasty - if I start, it'll snowball and I'll turn into a bona fide green-toed troll, whereas right now I'm just a red-toe at best.

This is actually sort of Nietzsche as far as philosophy is concerned.
    Can the same be said for masturbative ego-maniacs who have alot of words to say without requiring substance or basis?

Ok well, this time around I'm not angery like I was last year. Last year was stressful and dumb, mostly because of the entire fake Griffin prank where the staff thinks it's funny if they scare everyone into thinking the board was hacked and not realizing how it only encourge people like me to try to save the board, not realizing there has been countless of AFD giveway exposed in the opening and few people saw that while most pinck.

I spent 1 year angery over that prank, wishing I would had listened to my "warning feeling" instend of being a selfish asshat. I spent 1 year holding this deep, emo pain, waiting for the next AFD to appear where I can finally do what I was suppose to do every AFD; never fall for any AFD jokes in a fourm that talks about a japanese pirate comic.

Finally at March 31, when I saw the APfourms changing the skin I gave a quick chuckles and sent Ocean a "Nice Try" PM. I posted rarely yet I decided to wait until Ocean restores the site. I never understood the whole fake promotions, the trolings and the the bannings, I avoid trolling much, I knew the banning would be temperory and I did not bother to get an fake promotion because I don't need it, even if it was real. I took a quick visit to opwikia to make sure Lobolover knew this was an AFJ which he did.

I was usual for a guy like me to avoid getting fooled in every AFJ but I guess it was because I was really determined to really avoid getting fooled. This prank dispited the trolling, banning and fake promotions was better then last year but I still say the staffs should have used their brains right last year.

Again I don't mind the whole trolling, fake promotion and banning thing, some people think it's funny that way and some dislike it but I'm in the middle of this, I agree some and disagree with some. I think thay the staff think that in every APD, you must act like a moron and do moronic things or scare them into thinking that the board about an japanese pirate series is going to explode, shut down, etc. complate with banning someone or making a fake promotion action which I think it's unessassary but if that how the staff thonk it's funny we can't do anything about that. If I was banned I would've be pissed off but won't be as bad as last year. Now that I broke the tradition of falling for something on AFD clumsly, now the angery scars I carried since March 29th 2007 would finally be healed. I can now fully forgive the staff and move on. It was funny mostly because I did not fall for it, most people may not have fallen for it ethier. Now I don't think I will be having these embarressing rents this time around like last year so I'm off.

I believr that this years AFJ was done nicely, pulled early but done smoothly, I did give a laugh due to having no embarressment like last year, I'm being honest here.
    Currently writing a book

https://www.facebook.com/redjoekido

if u get banned, couldnt u just make another account? and use it until AF is over?
    Brawl Name: Ramza
    Brawl Code: 1805-1932-2783

Quote Originally Posted by joekido the Second View Post
    Ok well, this time around I'm not angery like I was last year. Last year was stressful and dumb, mostly because of the entire fake Griffin prank where the staff thinks it's funny if they scare everyone into thinking the board was hacked and not realizing how it only encourge people like me to try to save the board, not realizing there has been countless of AFD giveway exposed in the opening and few people saw that while most pinck.

I spent 1 year angery over that prank, wishing I would had listened to my "warning feeling" instend of being a selfish asshat. I spent 1 year holding this deep, emo pain, waiting for the next AFD to appear where I can finally do what I was suppose to do every AFD; never fall for any AFD jokes in a fourm that talks about a japanese pirate comic.

Finally at March 31, when I saw the APfourms changing the skin I gave a quick chuckles and sent Ocean a "Nice Try" PM. I posted rarely yet I decided to wait until Ocean restores the site. I never understood the whole fake promotions, the trolings and the the bannings, I avoid trolling much, I knew the banning would be temperory and I did not bother to get an fake promotion because I don't need it, even if it was real. I took a quick visit to opwikia to make sure Lobolover knew this was an AFJ which he did.

I was usual for a guy like me to avoid getting fooled in every AFJ but I guess it was because I was really determined to really avoid getting fooled. This prank dispited the trolling, banning and fake promotions was better then last year but I still say the staffs should have used their brains right last year.

Again I don't mind the whole trolling, fake promotion and banning thing, some people think it's funny that way and some dislike it but I'm in the middle of this, I agree some and disagree with some. I think thay the staff think that in every APD, you must act like a moron and do moronic things or scare them into thinking that the board about an japanese pirate series is going to explode, shut down, etc. complate with banning someone or making a fake promotion action which I think it's unessassary but if that how the staff thonk it's funny we can't do anything about that. If I was banned I would've be pissed off but won't be as bad as last year. Now that I broke the tradition of falling for something on AFD clumsly, now the angery scars I carried since March 29th 2007 would finally be healed. I can now fully forgive the staff and move on. It was funny mostly because I did not fall for it, most people may not have fallen for it ethier. Now I don't think I will be having these embarressing rents this time around like last year so I'm off.

I believr that this years AFJ was done nicely, pulled early but done smoothly, I did give a laugh due to having no embarressment like last year, I'm being honest here.
    Griffin was conceptually awesome, you just have no sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza View Post
    if u get banned, couldnt u just make another account? and use it until AF is over?
    But as they banned me I would be told that my bannings would only last for one day in account of AFD (learned this from Lobolover over at OPwikia) and I won't need that. Last year was differant because Griffin/ocean banned me by saying "bad attitide" as the only reason without saying when he'll un-ban me and ocean later told us to make a new account. Which I wasted my time so this time I will not waste my time again.
    Currently writing a book

https://www.facebook.com/redjoekido

Quote Originally Posted by joekido the Second View Post

I think Griffin is a weak wussy asshole

I find Griffin to be a weak, wussy ruler who's just playing god.

If Griffin was an tough evil chicken, he could had done the following below;

- He would have unban spammers like Zuzan or Freddy

- He could have turn the ranks such as AP.net editor, senior member, fansubbers, and scanlators into regular members

- He would have simply deleted the sub boards, senior boards, AP editor boards and other hidden boards

- He would have re-name this board into "Griffin Park" with a chicken in the middle

- He could had tried to surpass the sever guy

- He could had re-ban the already banned people

- he could have created bunch of sections for his own

This just shows he has no idea what he's doing. Give it up Griffin, you doomed to get banned. Give the power back to the staff and go away you weak chicken.

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

Closed Thread

Thread Information