Closed Thread
Page 269 of 500 FirstFirst ... 169 219 259 267 268 269 270 271 279 319 369 ... LastLast
Results 5,361 to 5,380 of 9996

Thread: Naruto Discussion V [Re-Re-Redux]

El Sucio Sánchez SantoryuMaster97's Avatar

Default Re: Naruto Discussion V [Re-Re-Redux]

To be perfectly honest i feel like Kishi has once again disappointed me. WTF kind of transformation was that its 6 tails, once again Naruto is in the demonic chakra barrier slowly killing himself, but wtf is the skeleton, its so....stupid and useless, I honestly cant think of anything else to look at maybe something that resembles a fire fox or something but, imo the tranformation to 6 tails being, (4Tails w/skeleton) is just stupid and is not in the least bit cool or creative. But hey thats just me.

So now Neji, Lee and Gai are back....right when Hinata dies, wow what a series of events i give this chapter....nothing it sucked screw 6 tails
    Survivor of the Ivotas Holocaust!

XboxLive Gamertag: Big Evil99
    Addiction defines Gravity. Speed over addiction

Spoiler:
    Wow, seeing Hinata jump out there and declare that she loves Naruto really moves me. And then Naruto going into a rage over her apparent death is touching. I love this manga.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Strongbad456 View Post
    Spoiler:
    Wow, seeing Hinata jump out there and declare that she loves Naruto really moves me. And then Naruto going into a rage over her apparent death is touching. I love this manga.
    Glad someone felt the drama!!!

Careful might be a trap.

Spoiler:
    Looking over the latest pics, nothing was really confirmed one way or another. Unless there were pics missing, Pain didn't even stab the Chakra Rod into Hinata, he just seemed like he was about to and then...BOOM. So somehow at this point, Hinata is listed in the same place as Kakashi: neither dead nor alive, awaiting confirmation.

Though the whole scenario suddenly reminds me of 16 jumping out to try and stop Cell...and you know how that turned out.
    Y'know, Negima WAS awesome...
    For the first 18 volumes.

I was wondering how Kishimoto would screw this up, and he did it in a way I'd never imagine! Incredible. And yet...

Spoiler:
    Is she really dead? I don't see any real clear indicator...not for shonen at least. She's just bleeding from the mouth after getting hit from an explosion. If she's not dead...then not bad. She tried to do something, and hey, no biggie with the nine-tails. It's always been an issue of control with this thing, and anger is always what sets it off. Of course he'd lose it now.

Yet, if she is dead...wtf Konaha? You spend too many chapters doing nothing but watching Naruto fight...and now you let one of your own die? I really hope the full chapter spells this out. All we need it like 4 guys doing the cliche "reach out to stop someone from running away" pose and it's forgiven. But, without this, Konaha's own lack of action just got one of their own killed. When they saw Hinata running--and there's no way no one would have seen her--someone should have been able to stop her. Kishi's made it painfully obvious she's not the strongest ninja.There's no way this should have happened.

I dunno, Kishi has this real strange mixed message going. Is Konaha supposed to be a village worth saving? It seems to waver between this good place full of good people to this town of incompetent pricks.
    Last edited by onemoment; February 26th, 2009 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Munboy Dracule O'Klue

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinata
    Eek!!
    Epic
    Last edited by Elric; February 26th, 2009 at 09:32 PM.
    Yibis One Piece Fansubs
    http://yibis.com - #yibis@irc.rizon.net

Ruriko

Yay episode 208 just came out today! watching it now!

Oh goodness! Is it possible that Kishi suffers some sort of brain problem, in which he extends minor scenes to the maximum limit possible with explanation, but during major scenes he zips right through them?

Cause, it seems like that if the "deaths" in this arc are real.

Bah, they're all probably pulling Kuwabaras.

Nope, still no death confirmation. She's certainly been terribly injured, but that's all we know.

LOVE AND PEACE

Pain wins. Naruto did his whole but Jaraiya said we'll understand each other speech and then bam. He turns right into a 6-tails monster to get revenge. Oh well. Lol at Hinata. She let out a EEK!! Even in death she's annoying.

I'm not sure of the sound effect just before Pain stabs her, but those sound effects are usually all bad... anyway, it's nice to see her growing some sort of backbone, even though it was just to throw her life away.

Well, if she does survive, you can pretty much forget about any other pairing.

Oh, and Six tails form... well, it's all right. The skeleton looks kind of awkward though the way it's positioned over Naruto's body. And Nagato looks really weird on the second page.
    I called it wrong, so long ago. I guess this needs to be changed.

The stupid thing is, when Pain destroyed his WHOLE FUCKEN VILLAGE it wasn't enough to anger Naruto into tails mode, which could very much have killed alot of people, but when Hinata dies he gets so dam angry he goes into tails mode, I mean wtf is with his priorities...

Chapter felt rushed. It was only 17 pages. Another supposed major event happened and Kishi rushed right into kyuubi mode. He could've shown some more reactions from Naruto or anybody that watched Hinata fail. But nope apparently the 6-tail reveal was his main focus and all Hinata was 6-tail anger fodder.

Well, that wasn't rushed or in no way rather silly and ridiculous, no siree!

Anyway, for now I'm putting my money on dead due to the melodrama, but given Kishimoto's recent not killing the village, un-killing Choji's dad, and still not answering what the deal with Kakashi is, who can say. Still silly, however.

The one time a character gets to do something and it's to serve as a sacrificial lamb. Now that's just mean.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

I think Hinata's death was just the last straw, the one that made the load so heavy that it just broke him. Had it been only her death, he wouldn't have snapped like that.

On the topic of her death... meh. A character that sees little screen time went and died for basically no reason. I mean, come on, what did she think would happen? There are times when the best you can do is just let events play out and then deal with the after effects.

What I'm liking in this chapter is the return of Team Guy. I feel that they are going to be the ones to find Nagato and Konan after hearing about what has happened since they left. And speaking of Nagato, he may be in trouble. His power is running thin, he's coughing up blood, and he now has a 6 tailed Naruto and people looking for him to deal with. He's in a bad place at the moment. I hope he doesn't die though, because not only is he currently the most powerful character in the manga and the most competent villain, I want to really see the prophecy thing play out more.
    So many people in the world. And so many bullets. Lots and lots of bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Star View Post
    The stupid thing is, when Pain destroyed his WHOLE FUCKEN VILLAGE it wasn't enough to anger Naruto into tails mode, which could very much have killed alot of people, but when Hinata dies he gets so dam angry he goes into tails mode, I mean wtf is with his priorities...
    Village was just inanimate objects and he didn't see it with his own eyes. Its too big to grasp and wrap your head around. Plus, he arrived, and Pain was *there*, he had to get to buisness, he had no time to think about it, or even believe the confirmation???? that Kakashi is dead, and that THIS is the guy that killed Juraiya. Frog mentor and then childhood chum being hit, and bad, within 30 seconds are a different matter entirely.

That said... even untranslated, chapter looks decent. Naruto being crucified is a decent visual. Hinata distracted Pain while Naruto was completley unable to do anything, (and crucified for that matter) if only for a moment, declared her love, and actually TRIED to do something unlike EVERYONE else. So... she did exaclty what I said needed to be done 3 weeks ago. She took the deadly hit instead of Naruto blocking it to save her, but dramatically it works the same. She doesn't *look* dead, not by shonen standards anyway. And the most tasteless part, Pain immediatley putting rods into her dead body to immediatley make her a zombie, (akin to raping a fresh corpse) doesn't seem to be there, rather, he was impaling Naruto with rods instead. So I'm banking on her "Under 17 kids don't die" immortality clause to spare her, though she will get to linger in near death for drama purposes until this story arc is over.

But, she did say "I love you", (I think) and grew a backbone, which were both the two things she really needed to do all along. Hopefully she survives so some development can come from it... for both her AND Naruto.

And skeleton kyubi looks kinda cool. except for the crappy base form underneah. but cool idea. Make me wonder what the full 9 tails will inevitably be like?

So. Not handled nearly as badly as it sounded like it would be... possibly even *good* and what *needed* to happen, depending on how the next few chapters go.. I guess I can keep reading the series. Unless the full translation reveals... stuff. (control rod's randomly being shoved into her fresh corpse is where I draw the line at "tasteless"
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

i take back all the bad stuff i've said. wheather hinata died or not, this chapter to me was mindblowing....amazing. specifically because i'm a diehard naruhina fan. oooh awsome.

I think One Piece's chapter was better than Naruto's this week.

Closed Thread

Thread Information