+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 494 "Duval's Tragedy" Discussion

Discovered Stowaway Emperor Time's Avatar

Default Re: Chapter 494 "Duval's Tragedy" Discussion

Plus he wanted to sell Camie which is more than enough reason for Sanji to fight Duval.

Likes the way you smile =D Retro's Avatar

Oh man XD, this beat out Kaku's Giraffe transformation as the most hilarious twist in OP ever. Seriously way to string us along Oda, you insane genuis you!

Beyond that pretty cool chapter of the SHs and Hatchan giving out the beatdowns, the kicker (along with Duval identiy) though was Sanji instantly jumping off the boat onto the pier and just giving Duval a smack in the midst of his whining, that was just gold. I can honsetly say I have no idea where this is head, really looking forward to next week's chapter. ^_^
    Get nuts or go crazy trying.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Ty View Post
    Oda tried hard to make us think it was Kreig
    if he wanted to do that, wouldn't he at least make Duval half his current size and closer to Kreig's?

I would say this is the most ridiculous shit ever, but..

I just had an even stranger dream. It involved Multiple Dimensions, a mediocre movie star, a mystic old woman who used her back as the base for an entire building, a fatass with a dog face and a boxing tiger with bionic fore legs.

There were also satanic rituals and ninjas

Anyway, props to Oda for including this idea in the story. I could imagine this ending in something like the SH paying a visit to Marioeja/The Marine HQ.

Quote Originally Posted by CodedTech View Post
    if he wanted to do that, wouldn't he at least make Duval half his current size and closer to Kreig's?
    Spoiler:

Idk that looked very Kreig-ish to me

Stop joooooooooking around FUNiOnePiecefan's Avatar

So Duval's face is Ugly Sanji from the wanted poster? Crreeeeppppyyyy.

Also, it seems Spandam isn't dead.

Leap, Kaku. LEAP!!

hilarious...

sanji getting off the sunny, swimming across the sea, and moving to attack duval... all while duval prattles on

like i said in the spoiler thread

DUVAL FOR NAKAMA!!!!!1!!!1!!!1!1!

Btw, does anybody think that there´s a connection between the Duval/Motobaro combo and this title page? This was after all Sanji´s first color page appearance (the spread with Krieg, Mihawk and Zeff isn´t the same league) so I was just wondering if Oda might have wanted to connect to something from back then.

Two important things that accidentally got left out of FH's scanlation:

1)Cover story title: Cp9’s Independent Report – Vol.4: “Forced Mistake. Pursued by the World Government."

2)Translator notes explaining on page 5 and page 7 that the Japanese word for "transformation" and "formation" (in context), is "hentai", which also means pervert. That's why each time that guy gives orders to the Flying Fish Riders about the "transformation", Franky keeps going "Eh?"

The word, hentai has a special meaning to Franky since he is a hentai in both ways - he is a pervert (the speedos) and his body transforms.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas View Post
    Btw, does anybody think that there´s a connection between the Duval/Motobaro combo and this title page? This was after all Sanji´s first color page appearance (the spread with Krieg, Mihawk and Zeff isn´t the same league) so I was just wondering if Oda might have wanted to connect to something from back then.
    Somehow until the reveal, I thought Duval's buffalo was some weird cousin of Mohmoo...of course it had nothing to do with it but they're so close to Fishman Island that another sea cow (or buffalo) wouldn't be too bad.
    Y'know, Negima WAS awesome...
    For the first 18 volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas View Post
    I mentioned that in the spoiler thread too. The moment I saw him riding it, that color page popped into my head. If Oda did that on purpose, something about that is REALLY funny XD

Here's the color version btw:

Quote Originally Posted by FUNiOnePiecefan View Post
    So Duval's face is Ugly Sanji from the wanted poster? Crreeeeppppyyyy.

Also, it seems Spandam isn't dead.
    He's probably not, but stop jumping to conclusions. For the fiftieth time, that's Jyabura's interpretation of what happened, not necessarily what happened.
    I called it wrong, so long ago. I guess this needs to be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by "Fire Fist" Ace View Post
    He's probably not, but stop jumping to conclusions. For the fiftieth time, that's Jyabura's interpretation of what happened, not necessarily what happened.

hmm wonder if sanji is going to end up doing something huge and finally getting his picture on the his bounty poster. i have said that sanji would be the main focus of the fishman island arc because they might know about all blue and looks like it may really happen. anyways i hope luffy gets his bounty up to 500 mil before finally crossing into the new world.

Yeah... because people jumping to the wrong conclusions hasn't occurred before in One Piece...
    I called it wrong, so long ago. I guess this needs to be changed.

Yeah... because people jumping to the wrong conclusions hasn't occurred before in One Piece...
    I am talking to the living emdodiment of that, so I guess so.

In the season of the witch

Why do you still insist that Spandam-kun is dead < = ( ?

Quote Originally Posted by smurfx View Post
    hmm wonder if sanji is going to end up doing something huge and finally getting his picture on the his bounty poster. i have said that sanji would be the main focus of the fishman island arc because they might know about all blue and looks like it may really happen.
    I think the fact that he's getting all this attention now would mean the opposite.

We have no reason to think he's lying or doesn't know what happened. You have your characters do/think/say things to move the story forward. If you wanna be like this then Mihawk just may not be the best swordsman in the world, Shanks may not be a younkou.

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I didn't get to read the spoiler thread this time around so I was totally caught by surprise. Holy shit, best twist ever, I nearly fell out of my chair laughing.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information