+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Who/what/where is this?" thread

Oi Sanji

I want to know what the deal is with those Mister/Miss characters. Like, for instance, what the Hell... the blue-haired one, is she called Miss Doublefinger, or something? - And there's something called B.W, which I have no clue about.

Also, there's a link to Sir Crocodile and Nico Robin, and vice-versa.

That's a pretty hairy question.

Anyone?

I want to know what the deal is with those Mister/Miss characters. Like, for instance, what the Hell... the blue-haired one, is she called Miss Doublefinger, or something? - And there's something called B.W, which I have no clue about.
    Crocodile is the head of a secret organization called Baroque Works (B.W.). The top agents go by numbers, and most have a female partner (except Mr. 2) who is named after a holiday or day of the week. The lower the number, the stronger and more powerful they are. I.E. there is Mr. 5, and his partner Miss Valentine, and Mr. 9 and Miss Wednesday. I've always been a little confused about Miss Doublefinger, though. Is there a holiday in Japan called doublefinger or is she just the one anomaly? :lol:

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

Oi Sanji

Originally posted by CosmicDebris@May 28 2005, 12:22 AM
    Crocodile is the head of a secret organization called Baroque Works (B.W.). The top agents go by numbers, and most have a female partner (except Mr. 2) who is named after a holiday or day of the week. The higher the number, the stronger and more powerful they are. I.E. there is Mr. 5, and his partner Miss Valentine, and Mr. 9 and Miss Wednesday. I've always been a little confused about Miss Doublefinger, though. Is there a holiday in Japan called doublefinger or is she just the one anomaly? :lol:
    [snapback]57119[/snapback]
    Doublefinger sounds like such a dodgy name, really. I'm not getting into it... but, I thought I misheard it, like.. she was Doublewinter or something.

As for Baroque Works, Nico Robin is a member, right?

Thanks for the explanation. Everything seems a lot clearer to me, now.

Yes, Nico Robin was known as Miss All-Sunday, Crocodile's partner. Crocodile is Mr. 0.

"Doublefinger" would look like "1/1," New Year's Day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Franky
    Bad move, bub!

Originally posted by Buccaneer@May 27 2005, 05:31 PM
    "Doublefinger" would look like "1/1," New Year's Day.
    [snapback]57124[/snapback]

Ah, ok. That would explain it. Kind of obscure, though.

Oi Sanji

Originally posted by CosmicDebris+May 28 2005, 12:32 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CosmicDebris &#064; May 28 2005, 12:32 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Buccaneer@May 27 2005, 05:31 PM
    "Doublefinger" would look like "1/1," New Year&#39;s Day.
    [snapback]57124[/snapback]

Ah, ok. That would explain it. Kind of obscure, though.
    [snapback]57126[/snapback]
    [/b][/quote]

Although it explains it. Still, kind of perverted, though.

I think it&#39;s sexy.
    Bad move, bub!

Originally posted by CosmicDebris@May 28 2005, 12:22 AM
    I want to know what the deal is with those Mister/Miss characters. Like, for instance, what the Hell... the blue-haired one, is she called Miss Doublefinger, or something? - And there&#39;s something called B.W, which I have no clue about.
    Crocodile is the head of a secret organization called Baroque Works (B.W.). The top agents go by numbers, and most have a female partner (except Mr. 2) who is named after a holiday or day of the week. The higher the number, the stronger and more powerful they are. I.E. there is Mr. 5, and his partner Miss Valentine, and Mr. 9 and Miss Wednesday. I&#39;ve always been a little confused about Miss Doublefinger, though. Is there a holiday in Japan called doublefinger or is she just the one anomaly? :lol:
    [snapback]57119[/snapback]
    LOWER the number, stronger they are

~I am a sig virus. Please put me in your sig so I can continue to replicate.~

Say NO to hangover!!!!! Keep yourself drunk!!!!!

Oi Sanji

Originally posted by Buccaneer@May 28 2005, 12:39 AM
    I think it&#39;s sexy.
    [snapback]57130[/snapback]
    Yeah, maybe.

But that doesn&#39;t excuse making a full-blown reference to stroking the kitten, does it? ^o^

OI&#33; :rolleyes:

LOWER the number, stronger they are
    Yes, sorry, I really meant to type that but my fingers decided otherwise. Let&#39;s not talk about fingers anymore... :lol:

Interesting discussion ya had there :rolleyes: ...

Not sure if has been revealed yet but who was the guy that fixed the Going Merry on Skypiea that Ussop saw? If I remember correctly, Uncle, the old Marine carpenter in G8, knows who did fix it but didn&#39;t reveal who it was.

According to Franky, He told usopp that the person who fixed it was called "Klabauuterman". This figure wore a raincoat and always carried around a hammer. Franky describes it as being a spirit of a ship, in this case, the re-incarnated spirit of Going Merry.
    Signature removed because file size exeeded the limit.
    Thanks to Jeece for the sig.

Forever AP's resident Blue Fuzzy Hat Wearer

It&#39;s a <s>pranking l&#39;il sumbitch</s> spirit that appears to people with strong feelings for their ship. Its appearance usually signals danger.

I think it&#39;s sexy.
    Crap, I didn&#39;t mean to press "send." :P
    Bad move, bub!

Originally posted by Buccaneer@May 29 2005, 10:01 PM
    I think it&#39;s sexy.
    Crap, I didn&#39;t mean to press "send." :P
    [snapback]58250[/snapback]
    Aha, but why did you type it? :huh:

I thought I went back on it &#39;cause it seemed stupid. :P
    Bad move, bub!

You mean like thinking out loud without realizing that you´ve just spoke? :)

i already know who balckberad is but does he show up again cuz that typhoon thing totally destroyed his ship. so is he alive

ps can i ask this here.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.allsunday
    Nice job jumping on the bandwagon there Aethos, I can only wish I was as cool as you

Originally posted by warp@May 30 2005, 12:22 AM
    i already know who balckberad is but does he show up again cuz that typhoon thing totally destroyed his ship. so is he alive

ps can i ask this here.
    [snapback]58329[/snapback]
    no we haven&#39;t seen him again since the knock up stream

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information