+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Set Sail For Dub Piece, the New Topic!

Default Set Sail For Dub Piece, the New Topic!

It seems the old topic was closed. Why? I dunno.

So, to kick it off, any news on the DVD? Last I heard you only needed a commentary or two left. I have been dying for it.

Previous thread: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=6261
    Last edited by oceanizer; February 15th, 2008 at 05:50 PM.

Sig made by AngelzRfalling.
    Gary "Iceman" Martin. RIP.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer AWB's Avatar

Default Re: Set Sail For Dub Piece, the New Topic!

I haven't kept up with Dub Piece (I plan to). A friend just told me these guys did an episode with Sogeking in it. Which one?

I wonder why the last one got closed. :/

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer AWB's Avatar

The staff doesn't like a thread to exceed 100 pages.

They were a little late.

The last thread was closed because you guys went off-topic for several pages. Please make sure you'll be talking about One Piece dub project, created by fans. It's not for 4kids nor FUNimation dub. Nor place to chit chat some random stuff.

Reverse the polarity! Senshi Mizaka's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AWB View Post
    I haven't kept up with Dub Piece (I plan to). A friend just told me these guys did an episode with Sogeking in it. Which one?
    The second season focuses on Enies Lobby, as opposed to just random episodes. So, Sogeking has been in every episode so far.

And Dan's Spandam>how Toei made him act in the anime. All of the CP9 are hilarious. Though Royce as Jyabura has to be the best out of them all.
    Rappin' Chopper:

"Yo; I was a reindeer livin' out in 'da snow! But then this old geeza' doctor brought me into his home! After healin' my wounds, I felt real phat. Then, old docta' Hiruk gave me this blingin' hat! My family beat me, shunt me, but it's all tight. Because I'm doin' my doctor remedies all night. I look like freak with my Human Human fruit. But now I'm with some gangsta' pirates who like to steal loot! All the girls like my blue nose. Yeah; it's the way that I get the *Record scratching*. Usopp's the guy with all 'da glory. He's my main man with all his tight stories. Zolo's Santoryu skills are on ice. You betta' watch out, or you gonna get sliced! Sanji's the cook servin' up the main dish. Don't mess with him, unless that's your wish. Luffy's 'da captain with the straw hat! His Gum Gum skills are real real tight. Vivi's the princess of Alabasta. Now we gotta head there, and we betta' do it faster!"

Default Re: Set Sail For Fan-Dub Piece, the New Topic!

no seriously, what happened with those dvds? I haven't heard a thing about them in ages.

...why was my DVD comment crossed out? It pertained to the Dub Piece topic.

Sig made by AngelzRfalling.
    Gary "Iceman" Martin. RIP.

so the last thread was shut down because we were saying happy birthday to Steve?

Was it renamed "Fan-Dub Piece" too?

I don't think oceanizer quite understood what that thread was about lol

In the season of the witch

Quote Originally Posted by Senshi Mizaka View Post
    And Dan's Spandam>how Toei made him act in the anime. All of the CP9 are hilarious. Though Royce as Jyabura has to be the best out of them all.
    Sorry, but I have to disagree. Jyabura's Dub Piece was the least funny of all of them.

I see nothing wrong with Spandam's Toei version (sans the changing of the laugh), though I found his version by Dan pretty hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Geg View Post
    Was it renamed "Fan-Dub Piece" too?

I don't think oceanizer quite understood what that thread was about lol
    The thread is about palody-dubbing of anime episodes/etc by fans, is it not?

uh, just let steve make a new thread or something. honestly idk wh
    at this is for

Also, this thread should have been started w/ news. Not a request for it.
    Last edited by zerocustom1989; February 15th, 2008 at 06:48 PM.
    J

Check out larger(huge) pictures of One Piece flags in my deviant art gallery: http://zerocustom1989.deviantart.com/gallery/
    Official Gol D Roger. Just added.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroneko View Post
    Sorry, but I have to disagree. Jyabura's Dub Piece was the least funny of all of them.

I see nothing wrong with Spandam's Toei version (sans the changing of the laugh), though I found his version by Dan pretty hilarious.
    The problem with Spandam in the anime is that he yelled "Baka, baka, BAKA!!" way too many times.

Jyabura is funny since that voice is so freaking unfitting for his character. It's just the same as Royce's take on Don Krieg.

Dr. Girlfriend Calipha is just brilliant, too.
    Rappin' Chopper:

"Yo; I was a reindeer livin' out in 'da snow! But then this old geeza' doctor brought me into his home! After healin' my wounds, I felt real phat. Then, old docta' Hiruk gave me this blingin' hat! My family beat me, shunt me, but it's all tight. Because I'm doin' my doctor remedies all night. I look like freak with my Human Human fruit. But now I'm with some gangsta' pirates who like to steal loot! All the girls like my blue nose. Yeah; it's the way that I get the *Record scratching*. Usopp's the guy with all 'da glory. He's my main man with all his tight stories. Zolo's Santoryu skills are on ice. You betta' watch out, or you gonna get sliced! Sanji's the cook servin' up the main dish. Don't mess with him, unless that's your wish. Luffy's 'da captain with the straw hat! His Gum Gum skills are real real tight. Vivi's the princess of Alabasta. Now we gotta head there, and we betta' do it faster!"

All of CP9 are amazing. Jabura is great IMO.

I introduced my friend to Dub Piece and now practically every conversation between us eventually devolves into an exchange of DP quotes.

I must commend the TWSSP crew on creating what may be the most quotable video series ever.
    Strung out in heaven's high, hitting an all-time low.

It is pretty quotable. But, some people see Dub Piece as just four fratboys with an episode of One Piece and just dubbing it over with whatever comes to mind.

That's pretty much what it is, though. Except the guys from TWSS manage to make it funny, even if it's made up on the spot. But, that's the fun of improv. It's the best thing that anyone can pull out of their ass, except maybe for money if you're a stripper.
    Rappin' Chopper:

We are just that damn maji Dragon Warrior Steve's Avatar

WTF I SHOULDA MADE A NEW THREAD! Hell, I didn't even know the old one got closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanizer View Post
    The last thread was closed because you guys went off-topic for several pages. Please make sure you'll be talking about One Piece dub project, created by fans. It's not for 4kids nor FUNimation dub. Nor place to chit chat some random stuff.
    Why am I not surprised?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maikeru22 View Post
    no seriously, what happened with those dvds? I haven't heard a thing about them in ages.

Wow, it's actually nice to see people actually talk about Dub Piece again. Brings a smile to my face. I guess we could keep this thread, but the title is confusing.

R.I.P. Old Thread.

I INVITED YOU 2DA OWN ZONE Shiny's Avatar

I think it was dumb for the last thread to be closed, because everything we basically did talk about being or was somehow related to DP.

Second, wow, gay thread name, re-do. kthx
    Spit your game $5, Talk Your Shit $10, Grab Your Gat $15, Act Now And Call Your Clique For Free.
    Check it out!

Super Smash Brothers Brawl Friend Code : 4596-9172-9113

I liked Kumadori's voice the best out of the CP9.

That bucket of chicken line gets me every time.

Quote Originally Posted by FUNimationRules View Post
    Teenagers watch crap like Family Guy and South Park and make insults like fuck you and some does drugs or play sports or play video games.

Quote Originally Posted by Generic_Soda View Post
    I liked Kumadori's voice the best out of the CP9.

That bucket of chicken line gets me every time.
    The stereotypical Japanese accent is pretty funny.

My second favorite CP9 voice is Lucci's. I love how he's some Italian guy who randomly rambles about spaghetti and canoli instead of the cold asassin.
    Rappin' Chopper:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information