+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Banjo Kazooie 3

Default Re: Banjo Kazooie 3

It it is the "Giant T.I.T." idea, they are going to have to rename it. There's no way that one'll get past the ESRB and get an E rating.

http://kotaku.com/5008803/banjo-kazo...named-detailed

DO.NOT.FUCKING.WANT.

- RARE says they didn't want to make a hi res version of the old Banjo platformer.
    - You create vehicles with parts you find around the levels.
    - GI says their first vehicles was a 4 wheeled kart with a spring attached to the bottom that allowed them to jump things. They later found a helicopter blade that allowed their kart to fly. Later they added balloons to the vehicle and put the blade on the back and created a hovercraft.
    - RARE showed them a vehicle that was a monster truck that was able to detach its chasis to become a mini bike. When the bike ramped off a cliff it revealed collapsible glider wings and started flying.
    - There will be 1,600 parts including weapons that you'll be able to attach to the vehicles.
    - The town is called Showdown Town.
    - GI says that despite the large focus on vehicles it still features platform elements from the previous games like traditional platforming, tight rope walking and jiggy piece collecting.
    - Showdown Town is 16 times larger than anything RARE has created before.
    - Every level has a different intro. Nutty Acres begins with a credits spoof of 80's soap opera's like Dallas.
    - Note collecting is back and will act has currency that'll allow you to bu vehicle blueprints.
    - RARE says there are 15 different challenges spread across 6 different levels. There will also be side missions.
    Thanks, RARE. You just saved me 450$.

Don't really sound bad as long as rare doesn't find a way to fuck it up like their previous work it might actually turn out good.

Honestly, I don't see what the fuss is all about. Rare already stated that this Banjo wouldn't be exactly like previous games. First people complain when Rare games are dull and not innovative enough, like Perfect Dark Zero and Kameo. Now people complain when Rare actually show signs of giving two shits about their franchise enough to change several core aspects of the game.

It may be bad or it may be good, but at least give it a chance. I played and loved both Kazooie and Tooie during my childhood. The cartridges were glued into my N64 for months. Still I find this new concept interesting. This is what they did to Conker, it was about to be a Banjo clone. They changed the gameplay mechanics and overall appearance and it became a huge success.

Quote Originally Posted by Book Shonen View Post
    It may be bad or it may be good, but at least give it a chance. I played and loved both Kazooie and Tooie during my childhood. The cartridges were glued into my N64 for months. Still I find this new concept interesting. This is what they did to Conker, it was about to be a Banjo clone. They changed the gameplay mechanics and overall appearance and it became a huge success.
    1: I don't like Conker that much
    2: I don't like Ratchet & Clank that much
    3: The emphasis on vehicles is WAY too high. Ever heard of Shadow the Hedgehog?

More info:

From GAF:

Originally Posted by NeXuSDK:

Banjo (slated for November):
    - Building vehicles is basically like playing with LEGO. You can always jump in and out of the vehicle editor and come right back to the game with the new design.
    - Parts are easily placed and moved around. You don't have to worry about connecting the motor with the wheels for example. Just place everything so they stick together and don't get in the way.
    - Vehicle designs can play a large role in missions. We saw one where you had to collect coconuts from a field and got a small truck that could suck them up. Unfortunately you couldn't fit all the coconuts in the truck and had to back and deliver them in a large barrel. We were then shown how you could create a helicopter with a hook, that could pick up this large barrel, fly to the coconut field and fly low to scoop the coconuts in the barrel.
    - Physics are awesome in this game and everywhere! With one design I placed the foot-in-a-box weapon behind a propella, and when I tried to use it, the foot/boot couldn't get past the propella... well, until I used it enough times to actually kick the propella off the vehicle!
    - Pixel art... imagine the possibilities (Rare already had an example of this, paying homage to a certain plumber)
    - Multiplayer is great fun with the ability to either chose from pre-fabricated or own vehicle designs. It still needs some polish here and there, but showed great promise.
    More pictures....of the vehicles.

http://forums.gametrailers.com/showthread.php?t=398833

AND, according to a few users at Gamefaqs:

I just watched it and came straight here to make a topic. That video made this game look terrible. SO basically, all kazooie does is hold a wand in her beak to collect blocks and you then use the blocks to build vehicles which judging from the video will take up majority of the gameplay.

Also a quote from the developer in the video:

"We didn't want to make a standard platformer"

Well you dumb idiot, that is what made B-K so perfect and now you have finally, FINALLY, ruined every great franchise that Rare made. Well done. *golf clap*

But seriously, this game now looks so abysmal.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not usually one to judge a game before having played it, but if this was a standalone game and didn't carry the Banjo brand name then I would never look twice at it.
    There is also word going around that the "Stop n' Swap" feature in this game will be you stopping and swapping vehicle parts...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRAILER IS OUT

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/18831

Ok...

I think I still might get it. The graphics look amazing, but I am still massively disappointed by the decision of focusing on vehicles rather than platforming. While the customization does look nice, I still feel that it is mostly unneeded.

Hmm...I'm not sure now. However, everything above is true, not rumor.

Oh yeah. Mario's CONFIRMED!
    Last edited by RuNa; May 13th, 2008 at 09:00 AM.

I'm getting a Jak 2 vibe from this game. Still probably worth the purchase

am i the only one who thinks this looks really gay

Very Impressive.

this is diffenately a new twist from the original foramt from the last two game.

according to the trailer, it's a vehicle racer/platformer/action/building game.

i might actually buy this game when it comes out.

It seems this one was the plot

Rumour Four: Banjo comes out of retirement to stop his home being redeveloped into tower blocks and malls.
    To end the struggle, a capricious higher power engineers a bear/witch showdown through worlds of the imagination – with Spiral Mountain's ownership deeds going to the victor

Honestly, I don't see what the fuss is all about. Rare already stated that this Banjo wouldn't be exactly like previous games.
    And that's the thing fanboys tend to have a problem accepting, look at Deus Ex 2.

First people complain when Rare games are dull and not innovative enough, like Perfect Dark Zero and Kameo.
    Perfect Dark's Zero's problem wasn't that it wasn't innovative enough it was the fact that the story sucked and the game played to much like the original & Goldeneye.

This is what they did to Conker, it was about to be a Banjo clone. They changed the gameplay mechanics and overall appearance and it became a huge success.
    From what I remember the game didn't look like it was going to be a Banjo clone also the reception from what I read about the game was so-so.

I'll respect myself dead, just as I did any other Rank: Failed Mutineer GaryPotter's Avatar

This game looks...very disappointing to say the least. I'm getting flashbacks to the post-PS1 Spyro games here.

Does anyone even care about a series whose last real game came out during the Clinton administration?

Quote Originally Posted by GaryPotter View Post
    Does anyone even care about a series whose last real game came out during the Clinton administration?
    Ummm yes otherwise there wouldn't be a thread on the upcoming sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    am i the only one who thinks this looks really gay
    Did you see Banjo Kazooie 1 and/or 2

Quote Originally Posted by Sandai Mera View Post
    And that's the thing fanboys tend to have a problem accepting, look at Deus Ex 2.
    Except that's a case where the fanboys consternation was entirely well-founded: nothing was actually improved (aside from graphics), only degraded. Smaller and simpler environments, less complex game system, "factional" gameplay that was actually pointless because regardless of which side you "chose" you could still do all the missions for the other sides anyway, etc etc etc. Unless to you, "not being like previous games" means NOT being a kick-ass game.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
    Did you see Banjo Kazooie 1 and/or 2
    yeah, i only got half way through the first one

i still think this looks very gay

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    yeah, i only got half way through the first one

i still think this looks very gay
    No that's my point, it shouldn't be a surprise.

I like collect-a-thons so as long as there are plenty of things to get I'll end up liking this game at the very least. Plus the locations needs to be really huge, that'd be good in my book; probably a little bigger than that Dinosaur level in Banjo Tooie.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidany View Post
    I like collect-a-thons so as long as there are plenty of things to get I'll end up liking this game at the very least. Plus the locations needs to be really huge, that'd be good in my book; probably a little bigger than that Dinosaur level in Banjo Tooie.
    This game isn't really a collect-a-thon unless you want all the vehicle parts. RARE said that today's gamers don't like collecting items so they reduced the amount greatly (music notes are only currency, no mention of needing to collect Jinjos, only jiggys need collected).

Quote Originally Posted by Silver R. Bolt View Post
    The Giant T.I.T. Idea could be plausible seeing as they're going for the adult humor such as "Mumbo's Nuts". Let's hope this isn't another Conker.
    Why not another Conker? That was a great game. (Unless you're suggesting that a Mature rating would somehow "kill" the game marketing and sales-wise.)

But damn. Looks like I need to get a 360 for this, and for Resident Evil 5 of course.

I personally am not really digging this new direction they're going in.
    I'll just leave it at that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobster Pot-Sticker View Post
    What kind of duck is that!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Andriano of Alkaline Trio View Post
    Don't be sad because all your friends hate you, they're all just trendy assholes! =D

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information