+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 1/12 "A Trap on Lovely Street! His Highness Eneru!" Dub Discussion

Default Re: 1/12 "A Trap on Lovely Street! His Highness Eneru!" Dub Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Aethos View Post
    Plus they actually said the word die. Unlike Naruto where they use the words destroy, eliminate, etc.
    ...Where have you been? They've been saying words such as die and death since the new dub began. It's hardly a new occurrence.

Immoral Combat

Now that I think of it, I wonder just how Funi will handle the infamous "Balls" scene? Will it hold the same level of not-so-subtle humor?

Only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Candlejack View Post
    ...Where have you been? They've been saying words such as die and death since the new dub began. It's hardly a new occurrence.
    I don't watch Naruto's dub much anymore since I saw the episodes already in Japanese with subtitles...

but every time I've seen it they always place destroy, eliminate, etc. in the place of death.

Heck tonight Sasuke said that because he and Naruto were best friends that it made it easier for him to destroy Naruto. Not kill Naruto. Destroy him.

On the cosplay cruise! MoonNeko's Avatar

Oh man, this episode did NOT disappoint, wonderful, and Conis was GREAT. Laura Bailey did a spectacular job. I'm sure the usual Sanji lighting up a cig was cut out, but other than that, I really couldn't tell any of the other edits. GREAT job.

Credits for today's episode...

I don't watch Naruto's dub much anymore since I saw the episodes already in Japanese with subtitles...

but every time I've seen it they always place destroy, eliminate, etc. in the place of death.

Heck tonight Sasuke said that because he and Naruto were best friends that it made it easier for him to destroy Naruto. Not kill Naruto. Destroy him.
    No, I meant in One Piece. XD I don't watch the Naruto dub that much either. I was just saying One Piece has been using words like die since Funi began dubbing it, so hearing such words in this episode is not something new.

Not all the time...

Anyway this was a good epiosde...need to hear the narrator again, though.

Oh Gawd, Crocodile is Gan Freakin' Fall!
    THE AP AMV Forum Revival Thread
    http://www.apforums.net/showthread.php?t=16704
    Just a click away to help bring the AMV board back to life.

They switch between using destroy and kill. Sometimes they'll use kill but other times they'll use destroy.

Also I know it's off-topic but does my sig count as a spoiler? It's only a quote I know but it still may be a spoiler or something.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    At the end of the world, it would appear..

Quote Originally Posted by The Faithful Shinigami View Post
    And, Conis called the lobster? o_o
    wut?

Ohh... um... a really slow episode. Even slower then watching it online, because of all the freakin' commercials. Sure it was dubbed well... but the episode was just a bit slow. The next one is great though. Too bad we have to wait another 168 hours to see it =(

The heck are you talking about? The Naruto dub uses words like die, death, murder, mame, maul, blood, sexy, and pervert all of the time.

Just can't take it anymore RomanGod's Avatar

Naruto's dub says die, kill and such plenty of times. They just use destroy sometimes, not because of censorship, but probably just because they felt like using it.
    Everything was all for nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Candlejack View Post
    No, I meant in One Piece. XD I don't watch the Naruto dub that much either. I was just saying One Piece has been using words like die since Funi began dubbing it, so hearing such words in this episode is not something new.
    ah well yeah that's true. But still it's nice to point out that at least One Piece can actually use the word die and death and all. It's better than hearing them say stuff like

"Do you want to be destroyed?"

XD

Just can't take it anymore RomanGod's Avatar

Naruto can too...
    Everything was all for nothing

On the cosplay cruise! MoonNeko's Avatar

I totally enjoyed hearing them say Die. I also thought at the end where Usopp, Sanji, and Luffy delivered their lines to Conis about her life being in danger was delivered beautifully. This was one exceptional ep ^__^

Meh Conis' line about Gan Fall being king lost some of it's dramaticness from the fact that he has to be referred to as a king...

Ahh...the scenes with Conis's confession, the judgment bolt, and Gan Fall have always managed to give me chills. Tonight was no different. Good job, FUNi.

The Luffy-Sanji-Usopp dynamic was fun as well. Not quite enough to make me laugh my head off, but damn if it didn't come close. It really is too bad that we haven't gotten anything quite like it since then...

Good performances all around from the main people, especially Conis. McKinley sounded a tad off tonight, but since his role from here on is negligible at best, it's okay. The same could be said about the background characters...but again, it's fine. The narrator sounded a lot like Pagaya to me, but I'll wait until I can get a good look at the credits before I make any calls.

All in all, tonight's was a good, fun episode. More entertaining than The Amazing Sasuke's Wonderful Flashback: Part 2, at any rate. >..>;;

All day, every day TakinawaTonfa's Avatar

The only thing that tonights episode did for me was make me eager for next week.

Nothing special that I can really point out. And I don't know about anyone else, but I definitely heard "Varse".

Wow first time Im able to reply before like page 10.

Okay the bad:
    For some reason I didn't like Luffy's performance this episode. He sounded mad all the time, even at the end with his "I'm gonna be king of the pirates!" It was like Colleen had a cold or something... maybe she did, who knows? I can look past it though. It didnt' really start bothering me until the end.

I wish Conis would have made some crying or sobbing noises. It would have made the scene a lot better. Overall I was a tad underwhelmed with her this week. It wasn't horrible, it's just Funi usually surpasses my expectations but this time, they didn't really do that. Again I'm not saying it was bad or terrible or OMG FAIL! I think my expectations were just a bit too high.

The Good:
    Uhm.. everything else I guess =P Sanji and Ussop were awesome. Sanji made me lol quite a bit. I love Ussop in the end, "Okay guys get on and I'll give you a nice push.." or whatever the hell he said. Something along those lines.

I think next week when things pick up it'll be a lot better. It's just overall a slow episode so that's probably why I felt disappointed.

To everyone saying Conis said Vearth, I distinctly heard Varse unless you mean on the closed captioning.
    For with a closing door, another surely opens
    Just you wait and see,
    And when you look back on where we've been together
    Wherever you may be
    I hope that you remember me

Ok, guys. Got the first two clips up, which include the Recap and the Next Episode preview. Check the first page for it...

The main episode is encoding as well. So hopefully be up in the next half hour or so...

This was the very first OP ep I translated, I just realized That's neat about the closed caption thing, too!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information