+ Reply to Thread
Page 283 of 286 FirstFirst ... 183 233 273 281 282 283 284 285 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,660 of 5717

Thread: General Anime Discussion Thread

Default Re: General Anime Discussion Thread

I have no clue where you're getting those titles from.

I would laugh if there was actually an episode titled "YAMATO!!!"

It's the general title of the episode, not the regular title.
    Regular titles will release on the next week.

Discovered Stowaway Papadight1992's Avatar

When the magazines release.

Episode 990 pic

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchInformer View Post
    Pre-production green collar? Not the best preview shot to export...

Quote Originally Posted by dropper View Post
    Pre-production green collar? Not the best preview shot to export...
    Yeah, its a weird shot, especially since it seems to be in the middle of a sakuga cut of background animation.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchInformer View Post
    Hi.
    Where is the source of this photo !?
    I sometimes download the wsj magazine, but I do not see the pictures you put with this here in the magazines.
    Please explain.

Saori Hayami (早見 沙織) is Yamato seiyu!!

She is too Leona in Dragon Quest: Dai no Daiboken, Shinobu Kochō in Kimetsu no Yaiba, Kokoro in Darling in the Franxx or Fubuki in One Punch Man.
    Last edited by redon; August 30th, 2021 at 08:18 AM.

I heard Hayamin in a lot of roles since Musubi in Sekirei back in 2008. Didn’t expect her to get a huge role in One Piece.
    Last edited by All Fiction; August 30th, 2021 at 09:22 AM.

Not a fan of treating your one trans masc character like a hysterical woman by casting him with a cis woman and then sandwiching him between female characters in this video.
    She/Her | Want to be a girl? Click here! | What's gender dysphoria, you ask? Click here to find out!

Quote Originally Posted by JulieYBM View Post
    Not a fan of treating your one trans masc character like a hysterical woman by casting him with a cis woman and then sandwiching him between female characters in this video.
    While I don't disagree with the seiyuu choice (I mean, Yamato didn't did the transition nor took hormones, so having a female voice is pretty normal or at least understandable I guess. More like Kiku should've had a male voice), I do agree with you about the out of place choice of video. By the way I am really happy to finally see him animated.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    Carrot sneaked on the Sunny when they left Zou, not asking or requesting anyone. IF Carrot is going to join, I expect something like that, with the crew ready to leave Wano, all of them beginning to party for new nakama Yamato and then "wha-t?! Carrot is near Luffy

I disagree on that. I love Hayami, she's a big influence on my own voice training, but casting her as an trans character is wrong. Hormones don't make trans men 'men', self-identification does. Furthermore, plenty of trans men who choose not to take testosterone can act and exist.

It's a real shame that trans kids continually have to see their stories told by cis people for a cis audience but never by and for trans people.
    She/Her | Want to be a girl? Click here! | What's gender dysphoria, you ask? Click here to find out!

Was expecting a deeper inflection.

Jesus. I know Hayami is basically the biggest and trendiest female seiyuu right now so I tossed around the idea in my head but didn't think it'd actually happened.
    Spoiler:
    And I think unfortunately for some people the fact that it's not an older veteran seiyuu might severely hurt the chances of a certain something happening.
    Not even Naruto resorted to time travel

Quote Originally Posted by Kurloz View Post
    Spoiler:
    And I think unfortunately for some people the fact that it's not an older veteran seiyuu might severely hurt the chances of a certain something happening.
    That’s also my feelings on the matter. Though it’s not definitive of a proof.

NGL I was kinda expecting a Megumi Ogata Uranus type of voice for Yamato ya know something abit more androgynous but she's a good VA so I'm not too worried

I was thinking Ryoko Shiraishi was going to be the one to play him since she tweeted about meeting Mayumi Tanaka for the first time not too long ago, is already working on a current Toei show, and has that deep, husky female delinquent voice downpat. Hayami definitely has range, but this is definitely playing against type for her!

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

In regards to that short, what Eldritch being to we have to sacrifice to to get Naoki Tate, Ryo Onishi, and Yoshihiko Umakoshi contributing to the fights that're about to take place on the show?
    Last edited by Crossword; August 30th, 2021 at 03:23 PM.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Do you wanna borrow it? Khamolen's Avatar

Awesome, I've been hoping for a seiyuu from the 2018 AOTY ever since it aired.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurloz View Post
    Spoiler:
    Ikue Ohtani was close in age and less experienced when they cast her. And if you're going to say something like "That was way back" then we don't really have any precedent to go off of because they've only had to cast old men since.

Wow, she sounds exactly like I imagined in my head. It's either confirmation bias, or another example of superb casting in Japan.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information