+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 71 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: The Microsoft / XBONE 180 thread

Default Re: Official Microsoft / XBOX thread

yeah that ain't gonna last long if you intend to get games with DLC, arcade titles, demos...

If you're only playing offline and don't start up sports games or others with huge save data, it'll probably work out fine.

got the 250 GB refurb model of Xbox
    also got Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts..
    freaky game...the controls and hard so far and the driving is a bit of a pain

Next 2 i plan to get are Eternal Sonata and Fable 3
    (may get Elder scrolls V but never played I-IV)
    <Avi Drawing Credit to PirateNeko
    My DeviantArt:http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/
    My FC is 3308-4620-6155

Sounds sweet. Nuts and Bolts is really fun. The vehicle stuff can be frustrating if you don't get just the right setup, but I love the huge levels and the details. Here's a tip: don't try to complete every challenge as soon as it becomes available, you'll save yourself a lot of hassle if you wait until you're almost done with the game to do the harder ones because you need special parts a lot of the time.

Haven't played Fable 3 but I did play 2 (it was a lot of fun) and most opinions I've read say 2 was better. Might want to do a bit of research before you buy. Don't worry about not playing Elder Scrolls beforehand, there's no major story links between those games that would prevent you from enjoying each title. Eternal Sonata is pretty decent too if you like colorful JRPGs.

I lol @ the people who think KINECT's not making money for M$

Fact is MS is shifting their main focus on KINECT, the casual audience and shitty KINECT games the "core" gamer doesn't give a shit about. They're rolling in the dough.

Now keep in mind I'm not one of those whiny "WAAH MS BETRAYED AND ABANDONED THEIR ORIGINAL FANS THAT SUPPORTED THEM FROM DAY ONE WAAH" fanboys.
    I don't doubt they'll show nothing but KINECT shit at GDC, though.

Quote Originally Posted by GuetaMinute View Post
    I lol @ the people who think KINECT's not making money for M$

Fact is MS is shifting their main focus on KINECT, the casual audience and shitty KINECT games the "core" gamer doesn't give a shit about. They're rolling in the dough.

Now keep in mind I'm not one of those whiny "WAAH MS BETRAYED AND ABANDONED THEIR ORIGINAL FANS THAT SUPPORTED THEM FROM DAY ONE WAAH" fanboys.
    We all know once they make a (good) Star Wars game or a shooter that properly works with Kinect they'll change their attitudes.

I think I read something about a Star Wars KINECT game a few days ago.

the thing is, they CAN'T make a good "core gamer" game because the entire concept and framework of Kinect is entirely at odds with "serious" video games. It's like expecting to make a swiss army knife out of a banana. In order to make a satisfying game-y game, you need precise controls and solid, immediate on/off input that buttons provide. Kinect will never be able to do that. Even with something like Move or the Wiimote you can't make an "actual" shooter, the best you can do is a rail shooter that lets you fire at targets while your view shifts independently of any controls. With Kinect you can't even necessarily do that (at least not with any kind of acceptable control).

MS is going to push Kinect for all its worth, obviously, but it's not going to last, because it doesn't have the casual recognition that Wii does. It's going to be forever stuck as the PSP to the Wii's DS. I mean, I'm sure some devs will do really neat things with it and probably invent some new type of game that has never been seen before, but it'll probably be an overlooked gem while the big sellers for the hardware steadily trend downward as people realize the limitations of what it can actually do.

All day, every day TakinawaTonfa's Avatar

Even with something like Move or the Wiimote you can't make an "actual" shooter, the best you can do is a rail shooter that lets you fire at targets while your view shifts independently of any controls.
    I wouldn't necessarily say that, I mean games like Metroid Prime 3 and Red Steel 2 proved that you can actually make some decent, non-rail FPSs given the control scheme (shame that those were the only ones that actually did it right though)

Not sure if theres anything like that on the PS3 Move right now, but the concept should fundamentally be the same.

But regardless, you are never going to get within a million miles of something like that with Kinect.

Is the ESPN3 program free or is just the download free and you have to pay for it?
    <Avi Drawing Credit to PirateNeko
    My DeviantArt:http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/
    My FC is 3308-4620-6155

Free. I don't really use it, though. Watching Lakers game right now on my HDTV.

Default Re: The Microsoft / XBOX thread

This is probably going to sound like a really stupid question, but please bare with me. I am not a gamer or tech guy and I am not very smart in general. I have had my 360 since the day it came out, but I barely play it. I have played about 10 games total since I bought it. I don't have Xbox Live and I only have a core system(no hard drive). I haven't bought a game in a while, but I plan on buying L.A. Noire soon. My question is, is Xbox Live or a hard drive necessary to play some of the newer games(like L.A. Noire)? What I mean is, do I need to download an update to play the newer games or do I need to download the game to the hard drive like I heard you had to do with Mass Effect?

L.A. Noire is going to be bothersome on the 360 due to it being on 3-discs.

If it's anything like Mass Effect 2 I'm sure some won't mind much.

Having to change discs for the story is one thing, but having to change it to do certain sidequests or visit certain areas of the game sounds really bothersome.

Of course not everyone will be okay with it that but what can you do now well aside from buy a PS3.

I know this is an obvious answer to a question but still: (since im a newb in steam)
    You can only use the production key in a single account once? But you can still install it in different computers as long its with the same user that installed it first?
    I've borrowed Portal 2 and I was wondering if I could install it to my steam account even though it was installed in another ones before?

Pkmn Diamond FC: 0302 0615 6842

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/3...are_Update.php

Holy crap Microsoft, you are making it really hard for me to hate you. At this rate Sony might as well just give up.

Whoa, what?
    I've got a 360. Pretty old, I think.
    Parents got it at a yard sale.

Xbox owners who are not connected to Xbox Live will receive this firmware update via future game discs, the company said.
    Whazzat mean?

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

It means what it says. If you don't use online, then you'll get the new firmware when you buy a game that has it on, probably games released after june or somesuch.

Personally I'm hoping mine fails, but it's a jasper so I doubt it.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information