Captain: Zkaiser
    Threat Level: Pink
    Goal: Prove the Elemental Haki Theory

All day, every day TakinawaTonfa's Avatar

Default Re: Official Microsoft / XBOX thread

According to a poll by GAME INFORMER.

(Mine's still truckin' after 2 years)

This red ring of death thing is still going on? I thought that was just an early error they long sinced patched? I never hear anyone talk about it anymore.

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

People are bored of it. All Falcon and earlier models are affected to some degree. The Jaspers may be as well, but it's too early to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Zkaiser View Post
    54% RROD

Gotta love Xbox.
    As mentioned before, it's from a poll by game informer. And also, most (note: most... not ALL) of the people who get a RROD usually do something really stupid (not keeping xbox ventilated, playing for way too long, not keeping it cool when its 110 degrees out).

Yet I've had mine for 2 years and no problems.. Only consoles ever breaking on me were the wii and ps2

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    This red ring of death thing is still going on? I thought that was just an early error they long sinced patched? I never hear anyone talk about it anymore.
    Probably not looking in the right places since it still is wreaking havoc on the wallets of 360 owners and Microsoft.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucephalus View Post
    As mentioned before, it's from a poll by game informer. And also, most (note: most... not ALL) of the people who get a RROD usually do something really stupid (not keeping xbox ventilated, playing for way too long, not keeping it cool when its 110 degrees out).
    It doesn't really matter what people do, a lot of the early generation 360's were going to fail. There are countless technical articles to this effect. The problem might have been fixed last year with the jaspers, but it's too early to tell yet.
    Last edited by Darkstorm; August 29th, 2009 at 03:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstorm View Post
    It doesn't really matter what people do, a lot of the early generation 360's were going to fail. There are countless technical articles to this effect. The problem might have been fixed last year with the jaspers, but it's too early to tell yet.
    Yes, many were going to fail... but the failure could have easily been prolonged. It DOES matter what people do. Cleaning the area behind your 360 (so dust doesn't get into the ventilation system) or turning it off for a while on a blistering hot day... not to mention other countless tips could give your 360 and extra 1-2 years of life.

I know, but my point was even if you took the best possible care of a Xenon/Zephyr model 360, it's still going to fail well within what would be considered acceptable, especially seeing as the problem with the 360 is a cumulative effect.

Not sure if that's the case with falcons, but they do rrod as well. Which makes that 54% figure sound as if it could be fairly accurate, though the pool of respondents seems rather low.

My name is a Killing Word Zyordius's Avatar

I try to take care of my xbox but after about 2 years i finally had a problem.It wasn't reading discs, so after troubleshooting i found that i had to send it in. 2 weeks later i got it back, within ten minutes i had a "error 68" hardware error. My xbox is playable but when i disconnect the ethernet cable and re insert it i get the error again. Game Informers poll about people having a second hardware failure after the first seems like that very well could be close to real numbers.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer Local-chan's Avatar

My brother's 360 got the RROD early in the year and ended up having to buy a new one (Microsoft wouldn't replace or fix the console due to its age.) so I got ahold of it.

Stripped it down completely in 10 mins lol now just waiting for the kit to arrive. If it works it works. If not then I lost a whole £2

Quote Originally Posted by Zkaiser View Post
    Gotta love Xbox.
    Well, I have to agree with that. I would almost like to give it a kiss every night before I go to sleep. But that would be weird.

I just hope there won't be no more of these game release postpones this year. Usually couple games get postponed. That's normal. And there are still plenty of promising games to buy. Plus it's nice it won't be too jammed with too many goodies like it sometimes has been. But I wouldn't really want the list becoming any shorter anymore.

My name is a Killing Word Zyordius's Avatar

How do you even say it?

DeathSmiles is getting a stateside release.

Hope it's region free, not played enough shoot'em'ups this gen.

My 360 is a 2006 model. I only had one issue with RRoD and sent it in to MS around two years ago. I got it back within a week and never had a problem with it ever again.

I'd say Carue was a Lucky Ducky | YouTube Page

Lucky You I got a refurbished one.

im finally getting the 360 4GB system tomorrow..
    can i save games on the 4 GB or no?
    <Avi Drawing Credit to PirateNeko
    My DeviantArt:http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/
    My FC is 3308-4620-6155

I believe you can but all the space is going to get eaten up quick depending on what you do with the games you play.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information