Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: The Microsoft / XBONE 180 thread

Default Re: Official Microsoft / XBOX thread

Metal Slug 3 is coming out this Thursday for 800MP

Where will you find...
    And how will you use...
    The forbidden fruit?

Because you don't get accolades for being primitive. People don't look to the first RPG on a next-gen system to remind them of something they played 15 years ago. BD has an utterly forgettable story and characters, a plain vanilla battle system, and was sold on the name of people who have been involved in far greater games for most of their careers. What isn't wrong with that?

I thought the story was really bland, the voice actors sucked, the villain was boring, and the combat system was basically attack over and over, maybe use magic once and awhile. And the world was pretty boring. Usually in an RPG there's always something that "wow"s me. Blue Dragon lacked environment. Probably why I wasn't impressed by DQVIII too.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
    Because you don't get accolades for being primitive. People don't look to the first RPG on a next-gen system to remind them of something they played 15 years ago. BD has an utterly forgettable story and characters, a plain vanilla battle system, and was sold on the name of people who have been involved in far greater games for most of their careers. What isn't wrong with that?
    I guess I'm old fashioned that way.

I honestly HATE the crap that is of current day RPGs. Most notably the Final Fantasy series since FFVII (excluding IX, though). I dunno. I'm just getting a weee bit tired of seeing the same typical bishounen males and over the top anime cutesy girl girls in a game that is filled with mostly nothing but angst and moments that make me wanna throw my controller at the screen.

Let's take FFX for example. I go through a long ass journey, listening to Tidus bitch and whine about how daddy never loved him, only to end up fighting said father who turned out to be the main monster the group was setting out to destroy...only to find out the ACTUAL final boss is a fucking orb that merely posesses my summons?

And to top it all off, Tidus is just pretty much a dream?

I CALL SHENANIGANS ON THAT SHIT!

I'd say Carue was a Lucky Ducky | YouTube Page

play XII

It helped the series a great deal

I loved FFX's fight system. Tidus was a failure of a main character, and Yuna sucked too, but the supporting characters in FFX were really memorable. Auron, Wakka, the Ronso's, etc. And Spira was, at least for me, the best of the Final Fantasy worlds yet.

What did Blue Dragon bring? A big dusty world with one generic castle, a shitty overworld system, and a generic cast.

I have faith in Lost Odyssey cause it seems to have some kind of an epic plot line.

All day, every day TakinawaTonfa's Avatar

Yeah, from what I've read and heard, Blue Dragon is basically a substandard Chrono Trigger.

My box died :(

I went to send it back to M$ and my friend told me it just needed dust blown out.

24 hours later and he comes back telling me a great story about how he took it apart...piece by piece...

2 weeks and 3 red rings later, the red ring is fixed but now it's giving me a "put this CD into an Xbox console" message.

So I sent it back. Now instead of maybe not having it for Christmas, I won't have it for my Birthday.

Lucky me.

Yeah, the one big thing about 360s is that they are defective. Without that, it's my pick for the current best console.

And I'm starting to hate the people on LIVE. I was playing COD4 today, and they were constantly bitching about me using a Perc that I earned in the game (which they also have access too).

Brawl FC: 3823 8204 8139

Pretty much the only problem I've had with my 360 is when it scratched up my original copy of Splinter Cell DA.

There are other gripes with the 360 but I don't wanna upset nobody calling them out.

Quote Originally Posted by GearSecond View Post
    My box died :(

I went to send it back to M$ and my friend told me it just needed dust blown out.

24 hours later and he comes back telling me a great story about how he took it apart...piece by piece...

2 weeks and 3 red rings later, the red ring is fixed but now it's giving me a "put this CD into an Xbox console" message.

So I sent it back. Now instead of maybe not having it for Christmas, I won't have it for my Birthday.

Lucky me.
    It's ok, Live is all screwy at the moment, if you play online, you're definitely not missing anything, aside from bitchy 9 year olds who can't play their sex box for the New Year.

Quote Originally Posted by Toshiya View Post
    Metal Slug 3 is coming out this Thursday for 800MP
    Who cares there's a collection with every game ever out in stores

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

Yeah though I wouldn't hesitate to buy that, MS or SNK's biggest flaw was not getting the games in a collection like Anthology the only insentive to getting it would be for online play which if you have a computer and an emulator you can do for free.

Actually, lucky me, my friend bought me the Halo 3 one for my Birthday. Now there's 3 between us, and one we can screw around with because it has no warranty anymore.

But seriously, it took them 2 years to realize and act upon the fact that it had a bad chipset, and constantly overheated? The original Xbox, while not fantastic or godly in any way, worked fine AND still managed to be successful, mostly because it had some good games and attracted the Hardcore gamer when Nintendo shifted it's focus to casual gaming and Sony started packing every feature into their new console and forgot that they still had the most successful console since the NES still selling like hotcakes.

I personally think the Wii wins this round, but the games that are more like demos hold it back. They're all short on content and usually the only thing you take away from them is the message "LOOK, IT HAS MOTION CONTROLS!". Just like how all the DS games say "LOOK, IT HAS 2 SCREENS AND ONE YOU CAN TOUCH!!!". We get it, now can we play real games on them.

I play my Xbox like I used to play my Gamecube a couple years ago, and I love my Wii, but I haven't come close to getting all the fun content off half my Xbox games.

News gfor 360 owners
    --------------------
    SEATTLE - Microsoft Corp. said Friday it will give Xbox 360 owners a free video game to make up for poor performance over the holidays by the system's online hub.
    Gamers log on to the Xbox Live Web site to buy games, television shows and movies to load onto their consoles, and interact with other players.
    Video game blogs such as Joystiq recently reported that users had a slew of problems with the site over the holidays, including trouble signing in, downloading media and getting matched with online opponents.
    "We are disappointed in our performance," wrote Marc Whitten, general manager of Xbox Live, on the Xbox 360 support Web site.
    Whitten said record-breaking traffic and new-member sign-ups caused the "intermittent Xbox Live issues."
    Microsoft, which says it has sold more than 17.7 million Xbox 360 consoles since the system's November 2005 debut, bulked up its capacity for gamers on Xbox Live both before the release of the wildly popular "Halo 3" and ahead of the holiday season.
    The software maker did not publicly detail the problems Xbox users faced or the steps it has taken to fix the issues.
    Whitten said the company will give a free game from the Xbox Live Arcade, but did not say which titles will be chosen, or when.
    Credit to Yahoo.com
    <Avi Drawing Credit to PirateNeko
    My DeviantArt:http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/
    My FC is 3308-4620-6155

ohboy ohboy hoboy I KANT WAIT TO PLAY ARKADIAN WARRIORS 4 FREE

Since I haven't used my 360 since Christmas, I downloaded that new Burnout demo and that's about it, getting a free game is pretty much a gift. And not a compensation for Live's poor performance. But that's just me.

Anyhow, it's really lame from Microsoft. We pay pretty hefty price for the service and, don't get me wrong, Live is really great when it works fine but for the price you would expect it to work always and not just almost always. Honestly, the only XBLA game I'm looking forward right now is Castle Crashers. MS, give us that one. Won't happen though. Oh wait, just give us like 800 MS points instead. Everybody will be happy.

Random game recommendation time! Buy Viva Pinata. Seriously.

Oho. Free game, eh? This is why I love the 360. Something happens? Microsoft makes up for it. :D

I'd say Carue was a Lucky Ducky | YouTube Page

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer AWB's Avatar

How do I upload music to my X-Box 360? And please don't tell me it requires X-Box live.

Quote Originally Posted by AWB View Post
    How do I upload music to my X-Box 360? And please don't tell me it requires X-Box live.
    do you have windows media center? If you do, you can just plop all your music in your shared music folder, and sync your xbox with your computer (rather simple process, just follow the steps in the Windows Media section of the dashboard)

If not you can just plug in a flash drive or your mp3 player to the front of your xbox and let it go.

Pretty sure the former doesn't involve xbox live, but does involve your xbox being connected to the internet in some way.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information