+ Reply to Thread

Thread: OFFICIAL Super Robot Wars Discussion

Daisuke CP9

Default OFFICIAL Super Robot Wars Discussion

For those who aren't familiar with this series of games, one lazy copypasta from wiki
    Super Robot Wars (スーパーロボット大戦, Sūpā Robotto Taisen?, or Super Robot Taisen, abbreviated as SRW) is a series of strategy role-playing video games produced by the Japanese gaming company Banpresto, a division of Bandai, for various video game consoles and video game handheld consoles.

The game's main feature is the use of mecha units from multiple anime and manga titles, mixing them together in a battle simulation and adding a complex plot involving some of their respective storylines, characters, and backgrounds. Another feature is a simple menu interface that can be understood by the gamer, even if he or she does not know how to read Japanese.

The very first game was released for the Nintendo Game Boy in 1991. The first anime mecha series featured on the game (and the ones usually present in all the series' games) are Mazinger Z, Getter Robo, and the earliest incarnations of the Mobile Suit Gundam series. The first two, both creations of famous Japanese manga artist, Go Nagai, and his production company Dynamic Productions, are representatives of the super robot type of units, while Gundam, realized by Yoshiyuki Tomino, represents the Real Robot type of units.

As more games were released, more characters, units and storylines were added to these games, both from existing mecha series and/or original units designed by Banpresto exclusively for the games. As the number of series involved in the games increased, the stories have become increasingly complex.

Some series that have been featured, including Neon Genesis Evangelion and Gundam are well-known worldwide, whereas others, such as Heavy Metal L-Gaim and Raideen, have little fame or no fame at all outside Japan.

Because much of the appeal of any Super Robot Wars game resides in the player's knowledge of and familiarity with the various series involved, the games are most successful and have their biggest fanbase in Japan. There is, however, a small but loyal fanbase for the games internationally. It was widely believed that the series would never see release outside of Japan, largely due to potentially complicated rights and licensing issues (a problem that also affects series such as Jump Superstars). Because of this, fan translations of some of the games have been made.

On March 3, 2006, Atlus USA released two Original Generation titles for the Nintendo Game Boy Advance in North America, thus making them the first games in the series to see release outside of the Asian market.[1] Because the Original Generation lineup uses original robots and not robots from anime series, these games do not have the licensing problems that other games might have.
    Now, I've only played Original generations II for the GBA and I have to say, that very game hooked me fully. In fact, right now, in the process of importing the other SRW games, probably SRW Gaiden, coming out a day from now in Japan. The strategic tactics were a pretty good work out for my own mind and the music tracks were good.

Though when it comes to characters, I have no doubt to say Zengar and Ratsel are two of the best characters in the series. The same goes for Woodan Ymir. Zengar really knows how to carve shit up and royally smite his enemies, both being GAR/badass and cool. Though I like Ymir also, seeing he's pretty much the same person as Zengar.

Anyways, come to this place in order to discuss the SRW series.

Default Re: OFFICIAL Super Robot Wars Discussion

[youtube]IRzDlO6elFg[/youtube]

Boss fucking Borot

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

Daisuke CP9

Raul and Fiona's themes have recently became my favorites, after seeing their videos. Looking forward to playing OG Gaiden.
    Kai = FUCKING God of Gespents MK-II as usual.
    PFtahahahahahahahaha!!!! Holy dear shit...hilarious. Good ol' Boss.

Anyways, in terms of abilities, some favorite attacks of mine, from OGs:

Kyosuke and Excellen's Love-Love Attack and Dis's Dead-End Shoot
    [youtube]Fm6KRb1qqKY[/youtube]
    Collection of Zengar's attacks. "The sword that Cleaves Evil."
    [YOUTUBE]lV1uCdfK1tE[/YOUTUBE]

Another video of OGG, but it will be a huge "lol wut?" if you ain't caught up with the story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9ETVyT9Ugc

Russel mah boiiii

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

LET'S HIT THOSE SHOWERS Zeether's Avatar

I really hope one day the crossover games CAN make it here because there aren't many games in the OG series...yeah, right, like that'll ever happen as long as ADV has the monopoly on Evangelion.

Fuck licensing.
    Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    ONCE YOU ARLONG PORK, YOU CAN NEVER GO KOSHER
    Quote Originally Posted by AWB View Post
    Why is the table you're sitting at have an erection?

More links for the poor unwashed masses, but these ones will but the ones I've posted so far to shame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw-W3CAfJmw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PLVHyvoCKc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exqcqju2TIk

Daisuke CP9

Gentlemen and Ladies, I present to show you all, G FUCKING COMBINATION

[YOUTUBE]kbtOywXtm6U[/YOUTUBE]

I always like the Super Robot Wars Crossover but i wish they come to the US,I also tried the other version i like Zengar

Kamen Rider OOOs

LET'S HIT THOSE SHOWERS Zeether's Avatar

Once again I must digress on how I hate US licensing policies.

Not to mention that if they DID bring the crossover games here they'd have to provide English voices for all the characters (because most gamers like having dual audio tracks in localized games from Japan)
    Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    ONCE YOU ARLONG PORK, YOU CAN NEVER GO KOSHER
    Quote Originally Posted by AWB View Post
    Why is the table you're sitting at have an erection?

everything for big fire Earthworm Zim's Avatar

I don't really see how the dubbing could cause a problem.
    no jared

Daisuke CP9

Quote Originally Posted by Earthworm Zim View Post
    I don't really see how the dubbing could cause a problem.
    No, it's just that, crossover games like Alpha have so much different series into it, otherwise, as companies claim or fans of the international SRW fanbase speculate, "Many amounts of licensing could be complicated." In short, companies are probably too fucking lazy to even lay an effort on at least trying to get their hands on the crossover games and are probably too afraid to go on with licensing agreement. Only games ever brought were OG and OG 2 for the GBA, which I have OG 2.

But still...SRW has to be one of the most unrecognized and underrated series in fanbases outside of Japan. The international fanbase is small but loyal, though still isn't enough.

Daisuke CP9

source /m/
    Spoiler:

Men:
    Arado - 5'4''
    Masaki, Ryusei - 5'9''
    Bullet, Kyosuke - 5'10''
    Rai - 5'11''
    Ratsel - 6'2'' (hey, he's as tall as my dad)
    Gilliam, Sanger - 6'3''

Women:
    Mai, Latooni - 4'9''
    Kusuha - 5'2''
    Seolla - 5'4''
    Aya, Viletta - 5'6''
    Lamia - 5'7''
    Excellen - 5'9''

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information