31 12.65%

9 3.67%

8 3.27%

2 0.82%

2 0.82%

1 0.41%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: How many languages do you read/speak?

Default Re: How many languages do you read/speak?

OMG, look at the poll! We´ve acquired a member that hasn´t mastered human speech at all ... *completely speechless*
    Last edited by bedrock; February 26th, 2007 at 10:00 AM.

I can speak and read fluently italian (duh!) and english, can read and speak very little french and currently learning to read japanese.

...and I master my local dialect very well! XD

In here, where else. My apparition is in KF signing in as an unknown user.

I speak and read
    Nihongo, English, Tagalog, Visayan/Cebuano, Ilokano, Waray, lil bit o' Spanish. Mwahahaha my country's got too many languages we hardly understand each other here.

Tho' I'm half American Chinese Filipino I dunno how to speak Chinese.

Native English speaker, somewhat fluent in Japanese, still remember Latin from highschool and forgot most of the Italian I use to hear when I was a child.

Discovered Stowaway Monkey Spirit's Avatar

Spanish boy studying in Germany and posting in a forum in English. That's three. I can also understand French and have recently started learning Japanese. 3,7 in total?
    "To expresso or to latte, that is the question: Whether 'tis tastier on the buds to choose white mocha over plain, or to take a cup to go. Or a mug to stay, or extra cream or have nothing, and by opposing them, end one's heartache: To froth, to sprinkle: perchance to drink!" Member of AIDS!

do nothing, be nothing Roronoa DJ's Avatar

Duh... Let's see. I can speak Finnish (of course), English, Swedish and Japanese (I can speak it almost fluently, but reading it takes time) And then my French, Spanish and German skills to one category, so.... Technically I speak 5 languages.

Quote Originally Posted by hyakamaru View Post
    Read/Speak : English, Chinese (Mandarin/Taiwanese), Tagalog
    Learning : Dutch, German, Japanese

I just need to react like the standard dutch person. Why would you like to learn dutch? And a more american reaction, if you ever need any help you're welcome.

I speak/read: Dutch, English, German, French
    Read: ancient Latin ancient Greek, Spanish, Portugese

I'm from Finland so naturally I speak Finnish. I can imagine foreigners having a tough time if learning my native language, since Finnish is almost completely different in spoken and written forms. I heard from somewhere that Finnish is the second hardest language to learn, but I don't know if that's true. I'll admit that the Finnish grammar is a real pain in the ass sometimes, though... Ah, off topic again. Swedish is still compulsory here and for me it hasn't been hard to learn so I can speak that too as well as English. These are the three languages that I can read, speak, write and understand.

Apart from things I've learned at school I've studied Hungarian and Spanish in my free time. I kept on going to Hungarian lessons for the whole course, but Spanish wasn't that lucky: I only attented two lessons. I couldn't continue my studies in Hungarian, but in my opinion it's the most beautiful language in the world and I will start it again one day.
    Last edited by LaCaSiNa; March 3rd, 2007 at 12:56 PM.

I'm pretty good at English compared to people my age here, although far from good. I know a little because of manga and chat, so I can't think of "street language" with too much shortcuts and the normal talk. Does that count as fluent English?

And Hebrew. Learning French in school but no way near good, we barely get a 10 line text that's meant for 6 year old children in France. And I quit learning after the end of this year, so yeah.

I can watch and understand a full Japanese raw episode from easy animes like OP, Major, stuff like that, but no more than that. =D lol

2 languages it is.

I mainly speek English, but am also learning Japanese (learning Katakana first). I'm better off reading Japanese than actually speeking the language.

I'm a native speaker of Swedish, and i'm pretty good at English.
    I can understand both Norwegian and Danish if it's talked slowly and I know a little bit of French, and a few words of Japanese

I'm fluent in English, and I speak/read a good amount of Spanish.

I speak fluent English, I can keep a basic conversation in Korean, and I know a little Spanish. I'm not eligible to become a translator but I know enough.

im argentinian so i can read spanish, also, english, and almost everything of languages similar to spanish, like, italian

I speak Finnish (since I'm Finnish), then English (though I understand it a lot better than I speak it), I can understand Swedish pretty well, but I'm not confident enough to speak it properly, I've studied Japanese for about 3˝ years now, I can read simple stories/manga and understand anime.
    Then... I've also studied German for five years now. I'm not too good at it.
    That's five.

English, Al Bhed, and Mandarin Chinese (only on Tuesdays)

i speak arabic and english fleunt "im not sure if i can add glasweigan to that" not so good in the japanese so it doesnt count.. but ive been learning german for 3 years and im getting quite good at it. so hopefully 3
    WHAT!!!
    GO AWAY!!

I speak swedish and english fluently and then a little spanish and a little chinese

I can speak Dutch, English, Frysk, German and Grunnegs (local dialect) fluently, so I'll count that as 4.

Discovered Stowaway

lets see,

1. can read write speak urdu
    2. can read write speak english
    3. can read arabic
    4. can speak punjabi
    5. can speak saraiki
    6. can speak hindi
    7. can speak pushto but understand it perfectly

there are some others like jangli and stuff... but i dont count them since they are minor languages and not commonly known... next in line for me is french. really wanna learn that language.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information