Page 4 of 501 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter

I agree with that "endure it." I actually didn't give the manga a chance when I first saw it because of its art. I've been watching the anime latey and liking it, so I decided to get the first volume. The art could probably be considered bad, but really, I don't mind it anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Franky
    Bad move, bub!

Your affectionate friend Starlight's Avatar

Originally posted by Buccaneer@Apr 27 2005, 09:01 PM
    I agree with that "endure it." I actually didn't give the manga a chance when I first saw it because of its art. I've been watching the anime latey and liking it, so I decided to get the first volume. The art could probably be considered bad, but really, I don't mind it anymore.
    [snapback]38601[/snapback]
    Your won't be disappointed, It's a real masterpiece. :lol:

Kurapica/Killua from HxH ~

The manga art really turned me off in the beginning as well, but so many people said it was awesome so I figured it was worth it to keep reading. They were right, so keep at it :)

If there is a reason you MUST go on with Hunter x Hunter other than the good story, look no further than the super cool Killua.

With his lighting attacks, he can put all those wannabes to shame.

Kurapica is just as cool, and his revenge against the spider arc was a blast.

i did go on with the story. I stayed until Greed Island but his art got so much worse. He should get himself some assistants cause whatever his excuse is, it does not make up for the fact that he makes sub par artwork. I just dont understand why he had these same pressures before and his artwork was good but now his stuff is horrible. I heard that the graphic novels have touched up artwork so it may be a ploy to boost the sales of the graphic novels
    R.I.P. (for now) KO-Scans

When was it all about the artwork? yeah it move's the story in better detail but it doesn't make the story...I have read manga's with superb artwork that fully lack in story
    Member of Negima is Super Awesome
    MY YOUTUBE channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mcwhirlpoolinc?feature=mhee

i wouldnt mind it if it was always that way, but it has clearly deteriorated for an unexplained reason.

Something I heard recently... wasn't he ill for some time and still doing the manga during that?

The artwork has improved greatly lately, so something like that could be an explanation.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...liptonicet.jpg
    Mystere and Sogeking, now sponsors of Lipton Iced Tea! (Thanks to Namisan18)

Originally posted by gilrules2000@May 1 2005, 03:37 PM
    i wouldnt mind it if it was always that way, but it has clearly deteriorated for an unexplained reason.
    [snapback]40664[/snapback]
    No, see, that's the thing. It's ALWAYS been like that. You just THINK it's deteriorated because you like read the books (or scans of the books) for quite a while, and then, upon catching up, started reading the Jump chapters. Since the art has been retouched for book releases since the beginning, you don't notice the difference until you get past those releases.
    Do not offend the Chair Leg of Truth; it is wise and terrible.
    -Spider Jerusalem

really? i just have read the scans that i found on ckmoney. I just thought it was always like that

viktor_xatan

the art has improved after teh ryodan vs ant battles, when it went back to gon and killua again, its gotten better, yes, although compared to the art in the ryodan arc this one doesnt come close, but at least the art can be er...understood or soemthing...

at any rate, the story is awesome, best thing i ever read...

the shonen jump artwork sucks but the volume artwork is good. but i don't like how the things are going on. i think togashi starts to be out of ideas and is going to make it end quickly after the shitty ants arc. as he did with HHY.

because the currently storyline is nothing compared to the genei ryodan arc or greed island. it's just a matter of fighting power against stupid foes (the darts man in 239 for exemple)

i hope i'm wrong and togashi will put something really enjoyable in the following chapters.

Right now what togashi is doing is showing how evolved the charecters have become. Like gon's fight with the owlbear and the bat. How would gon react to a two foe's at once.1 that use's sound wave's to disrupt concentration allowing the other to attack.We learn that gon has improved on tactics than hitting the situation head on like he use to do.Now for killua's case for the siblings and there power of the dart board witch I for one thinks kicks ass. We all know that killua is a tactics master not as much as kurapica is but he's still good. What togashi is trying to show is that how will killua react to an enemy that he cannot see or touch.These kind of things that make HXH enjoyable.

Alrighty, I've finished the G.I. OVA of hxh and I must say I love the series now ^^ Read up to chapter 216.

Anyway, I just wanna ask, is Kaito dead for good? I was starting to like him and I am quite fond of his ability when I saw his head lying there. XD

Originally posted by StrawHatLuffy@May 12 2005, 10:44 AM
    Alrighty, I've finished the G.I. OVA of hxh and I must say I love the series now ^^ Read up to chapter 216.

Anyway, I just wanna ask, is Kaito dead for good? I was starting to like him and I am quite fond of his ability when I saw his head lying there. XD
    [snapback]47470[/snapback]
    he's not dead for sure. but he sure is in a bad shape. gon is looking for a way to make him return to the old kaito. let's hope he can do it.

Originally posted by igalsfy+May 12 2005, 07:21 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(igalsfy &#064; May 12 2005, 07:21 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-StrawHatLuffy@May 12 2005, 10:44 AM
    Alrighty, I&#39;ve finished the G.I. OVA of hxh and I must say I love the series now ^^ Read up to chapter 216.

[snapback]47470[/snapback]
    he&#39;s not dead for sure. but he sure is in a bad shape. gon is looking for a way to make him return to the old kaito. let&#39;s hope he can do it.
    [snapback]47486[/snapback]
    [/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s good to hear :D I am turning from a Killula fanboy to a Kaito fanboy now XD What&#39;s the ability of that Royal Guard that "killed" him? Her nen seems to be overwhelming even that of the director.

And Palm sure is scary XD

Nefasasdasfasgfahgasj (erm, the cat-like Royal Guard that you&#39;re asking about) has a mind control power of some sort, along with being super fast/powerful like all higher-up ants (her in particular, though). We still don&#39;t really know that much about her.

"People say, is it the afro that makes the champion, or the champion that makes the afro...?
    It is still unexplained by modern science!!"

I use to know her name but I completely forgot since it&#39;s way to damn long for a fecking name.

*Busts out the Hunters&#39; Guide*
    According to the katakana, it&#39;s Neferupitou. Given that this is Togashi, however, the actual way it&#39;s pronounced according to the katakana doesn&#39;t necessarily reflect what her name is SUPPOSED to be. See, for example "Kuroro Rushirufuru" becoming "Quoll Lucifer".

Also, that&#39;s not catgirl...that&#39;s a cat MAN, man.
    Do not offend the Chair Leg of Truth; it is wise and terrible.
    -Spider Jerusalem

I&#39;ve said it before regarding HxH characters, and I&#39;ll say it again.

THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL THAT IS A GUY&#33;
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...liptonicet.jpg
    Mystere and Sogeking, now sponsors of Lipton Iced Tea! (Thanks to Namisan18)

Thread Information