Page 3 of 501 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter

Originally posted by warp@Apr 17 2005, 10:36 PM
    is kuripka a girl or a boy. also why do most people hate the manga....... i think the art is good (note: only read v.1)
    [snapback]33164[/snapback]
    Kurapica´s a guy, albeit a somewhat ambiguous looking one. However, the cover of volume 14 has him shirtless, so we´ve got physical evidence he´s male.

As for the art...Togashi, unlike pretty much every other manga artist out there, does all the artwork himself, rather than relying on uncredited assisstants to help ink and fill in backgrounds and such. As a result, the chapters that appear in Jump every week are often sketchy, and sometimes just flat out scribbles, with lots of panels left empty. The art gets retouched and ignored panels get filled in for the collected releases, so as long as you just read the books, you probably won´t ever notice anything wrong with the art.
    Do not offend the Chair Leg of Truth; it is wise and terrible.
    -Spider Jerusalem

Your affectionate friend Starlight's Avatar

Why do lots of people think Kurapica's a Girl?. ;)

Kurapica/Killua from HxH ~

Originally posted by Starlight@Apr 18 2005, 01:53 PM
    Why do lots of people think Kurapica's a Girl?. ;)
    [snapback]33437[/snapback]
    Because when you get right down to it, he IS pretty damn girly looking. Not to mention that certain scenes in the anime version make the situation even worse.
    -Spider Jerusalem

Originally posted by Captain Panda+Apr 18 2005, 04:56 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Captain Panda &#064; Apr 18 2005, 04:56 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Starlight@Apr 18 2005, 01:53 PM
    Why do lots of people think Kurapica&#39;s a Girl?.* ;)
    [snapback]33437[/snapback]
    Because when you get right down to it, he IS pretty damn girly looking. Not to mention that certain scenes in the anime version make the situation even worse.
    [snapback]33562[/snapback]
    [/b][/quote]

I see.... A question though, are they releasing anymore OVA&#39;s on HxH

Moron

i want to watch the part after they found gon&#39;s father with the Accompany... -_-"

Originally posted by Starlight@Apr 19 2005, 04:20 AM
    I see.... A question though, are they releasing anymore OVA&#39;s on HxH
    [snapback]33899[/snapback]
    I suspect they will. There&#39;s nothing been officially announced, but it&#39;s been said in the past by Togashi and the anime staff that they&#39;d like to keep the series going through the end. The last few years, there&#39;s been one series released starting at the beginning of every year, but since GI Final was longer than the others, or perhaps in order to give Togashi more time to finish/continue the Chimera Ant arc, they probably decided to wait until 2006 to do a new one. Though heck, they might even be able to get a full season series out of the material they have to catch up on.
    -Spider Jerusalem

Thank for the Info, i&#39;am really looking forward to seeing more Hunter x Hunter. Who&#39;s your favourite character, mine are Killua/Kurapica. :lol:

I&#39;ve finally caught up with the manga, and I gotta say... this arc is amazingly holding my interest. Yes, the King looks like Cell, but you know, the design kinda works, and I&#39;m not against ideas being reused if they work.

As for my favorite character...

I&#39;d have to say a toss-up between Leorio and Kurapica, leaning more towards Leorio. Quite frankly, I want much more of them. Much, much more of them.

Oh, and even more of the Ryodan. Easily the best developed and most interesting villians I&#39;ve seen since Kenshin villians in SJ manga.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...liptonicet.jpg
    Mystere and Sogeking, now sponsors of Lipton Iced Tea! (Thanks to Namisan18)

Yeah they&#39;re some of the best villians i&#39;ve seen in anime. :lol:

mine are Killua/Kurapica
    Yay&#33;,both of them are great(especially Kurapica).

Originally posted by Eddie@Apr 20 2005, 08:54 AM
    mine are Killua/Kurapica
    Yay&#33;,both of them are great(especially Kurapica).
    [snapback]34664[/snapback]
    He&#39;s smart, he cool and he&#39;s cute. What&#39;s there not to like :lol:

He looked similar to Kurama too.(Kurama is my favourite too). ;)

Favorite character? Quoll Lucifer and the rest of the Ryodan. What can I say, I&#39;m a villain fanatic.
    -Spider Jerusalem

Who thought Bisuke&#39;s true form was shocking?. :)

Not too shocking. It was pretty friggin goofy, actually. As for my favorite character, Kurapica followed by Hisoka. I like Killua and Gon as well.

TheUprightMan83

I like it how Kurapica uses his girlish looks to his advantage, like when kidnapping Kuroro. But yeah, some of the scenes in the anime take it too far.

He&#39;s smart and looks effeminate but is personality couldn&#39;t be more masculine.

I must be the only person in here who thinks Kurapica doesn&#39;t look a bit girlsih

though i love One Piece, Hunter X Hunter easily comes second.

what can i say, It has a great story, great character development, good music and Kurapica & Kilhua, nuff said :lol:

My favorite Arc was where Kurapica took his revenge, and my favourite characters are Kilhua And Kurapica, especially Kilhua, he&#39;s so cool, even more now with his thunder attacks&#33;&#33;

does anyone have a site or something that has a summary of the events from the end of greed island to now cause i cant read it with its horrible artwork. Seriously, in what other line of work would you be allowed to hand in half assed stuff like that and keep your job?
    R.I.P. (for now) KO-Scans

Well, Togashi is able to keep his job because he does this series alone, with NO assistants touching up his work, and the art has gotten MUCH better as of lately. So, here&#39;s my advice: endure the so-called "Bad" art for a little bit, read the actual words to get the story, and when the art picks up, you will have no reason to complain, AND you won&#39;t need a half-assed summary that really will tell you nothing.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...liptonicet.jpg
    Mystere and Sogeking, now sponsors of Lipton Iced Tea! (Thanks to Namisan18)

Thread Information