+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 89 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Post OP Cosplayers that Really Impress You

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer AWB's Avatar

Default Re: The OFFICIAL "Greatest One Piece Cosplays" Thead

Pretty, isn't she?

See, that Perona looks like it's professional. Awesome tho. And so quick, her official colors were revealed just a few months ago.

I'm really getting into cosplay...I want to make things but don't got anything to make things from. XD

Good will or Joan's fabrics is always a good start. Twill is a good fabric for costumes too.

Wait wait *looks a little panicked* Aren't Perona's boots reddish pink? *loooking through ref pics*

EDIT:

OH SNAP just noticed that there is a picture of me kissing Nico Robin back there. LOL!
    "Sorry, Dad. I can't play WoW tonight because I've got to go play D&D."

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    At the end of the world, it would appear..

omg xD I just noticed the Mr. 5.

That outfit is sweet. And so is the "Nico Robin Enis Lobby" one. I've never seen anyone do those before.

EDIT: Awesome Perona, Rootbeer.

EDIT^2: Wow, all of Helendragon's pics were awesome. I guess I missed the the 1st time because they were spoiler tagged.
    Last edited by Lobster Pot-Sticker; December 11th, 2007 at 11:01 PM.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer AWB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Youshi Semenjyu View Post
    Wait wait *looks a little panicked* Aren't Perona's boots reddish pink? *loooking through ref pics*
    Yes. That's the only thing wrong with the outfit.

Phew. That way I know what color to get.

Oh, on the subject of Baroque Works...

Okamaway!!!

Iceberg!

And since Coral-san mentioned my Shanks...just wanted to put a pic of it up here to see if it meets the standards.

"Sorry, Dad. I can't play WoW tonight because I've got to go play D&D."

Quote Originally Posted by Pass the Rootbeer View Post
    Serious props for the crown xD I love that child Franky. He/She is really adorable. Agh I really want to do a cosplay now T-T.

But on the topic Asian people being better - not really. If you look at the costume quality, it's not that much different from one made by someone over here (as in North America). Most of them are pros at photoshop, and a lot of them have friends that are willing to follow them around and take a million pictures. (Might I add that Asian people can be incredibly vain and know how to work their angles?)

Quote Originally Posted by amai-mikan View Post
    But on the topic Asian people being better - not really. If you look at the costume quality, it's not that much different from one made by someone over here (as in North America). Most of them are pros at photoshop, and a lot of them have friends that are willing to follow them around and take a million pictures. (Might I add that Asian people can be incredibly vain and know how to work their angles?)
    As an Asian cosplayer living in the US, that's exactly what I've been trying to say, according to what you said in your first sentence, in a couple of my posts in this thread. Personally, any cosplayer is as good as the one next to them; it's subjective, just like how artwork is. Some people like it, some don't.

I feel slightly offended by what was said in parentheses, though. D:

"Livin' the Asian life, one stereotype at a time."

Haha, I was Kalifa with that Iceburg back in '05.

My collar kept collapsing D:

[Edit] Okay, after just looking through cosplay.com, I'm apparently the ONLY secretary Kalifa to ever bother with putting the damn boob zippers on, so I think that actually makes me an instant winner of BEST UNDERCOVER KALIFA. God, I hate people who skip significant details.
    Last edited by fin fish; December 12th, 2007 at 07:25 AM.

I baked you a cake! beautifuldreamer1289's Avatar

no kidding! lol. That Nami is good, but the colors are wrong... Unless the manga has different colors than the anime?

<3 hoffy for the sig

"You hold your future in your own hands. Never waver in this belief." -Sir Frederick Treves

Quote Originally Posted by beautifuldreamer1289 View Post
    no kidding! lol. That Nami is good, but the colors are wrong... Unless the manga has different colors than the anime?
    If you're talking about the Alabasta one in the first post, yes, it's pink in the manga. I'd originally planned to do that costume and would have done the pink version myself. I just think it's a lot prettier. I liked Vivi's better in the anime though, the blue/green in the manga didn't work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by helendragon View Post
    Well I think the title is stupid anyway. So our cosplays aren't good enough for you? Fine. I don't give a fuck anyway. Whats the point of cosplaying if you don't have fun? I think you guys really need get a life. I Worked FUCKING hard on thoughs costumes making props and everthing from skratch. If I'm going to work hard on something I'm going to have some fun with it, but if you losers don't dig it then thats not my problem. But fine I won't post here anymore. I hate analretentive losers like this anyway.

It CosPLAY not a fucking national DOG show.
    How about this one smeg for brains. Nobody can post their own shit because they think way more of what they do than it actually deserves. That is human nature. If it is good enough, someone else will post it. So to bring this down to a level of understanding... pics in this thread should not be of you, friends, or family. If they are so good, someone else will post it.

Some posts are deleted, but leaving EGX's cause he came up with a good... rule (which I think is pretty much common sense, at least in my culture...). Please follow that.

Also, do not bring the drama to other threads (or cause it at all). If you feel something's wrong with what other people do/say to you, please report it to mods/admins rather than causing a scene. Thank you for your cooperation.
    Last edited by oceanizer; December 12th, 2007 at 12:26 PM.

Default Re: Post OP Cosplayers that Really Impress You

I'm sorry for overacting but this kind of thing really kills me sometimes. I new to cosplay and really enjoy it, except for this side of it. I'm not a drama queen. I'm a stupid idealist. I like cosplay but as soon as people start making rules of what should or shouldn't be cosplayed, who can or cannot cosplay, or declaring who the best for this cosplayer or that cosplayer. This is something thats fun but it can't be fun if people have such closed minds. Yeah I probably shouldn't have bothered to post anything, especially the doujinshi cosplays. I know they are not perfect, but I worked hard on them, especially the TV special ones. I wanted to show off our work a bit. I know that I'm never excelled at these things and probably never be popular. I just this really really makes me sad I love cosplay so much and fear that people have lost site of what made me love cosplay in the first place.

I really sick of trying hard then being made to feel like crap. Just because I'm an idiot or you don't like my cosplay doesn't give you the right to be rude. I'm a fucking idiot but thats mainly because I care too much about things and really love cosplay and cosplayers in general. I hate being excluded and seeing others excluded. So I overreacted that was wrong and I'm very sorry. I shouldn't bother with forums really, I've seen how people tear eachother apart on forums but for awhile it wasn't like that. People were coming and sharing. Everybody focused on how we could improve and shared their love of cosplay. Now I fear thats going to be lost for ever this makes me sad.

Sorry if this makes you mad at me more. I'm and idiot so I won't be surprised, but I didn't mean anything bad.

Well, just be careful not to lose your temper next time, and follow what the thread is about.
    Last edited by oceanizer; December 12th, 2007 at 01:31 PM.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    At the end of the world, it would appear..

Humm... Pell changed the thread title...
    Last edited by Lobster Pot-Sticker; December 12th, 2007 at 05:37 PM.

I know, its not like me and I already feel bad about it. Its just, I try so hard to do really good cosplays, put the same energy into my cosplay as I do any of my art. But sometimes the way some people talk makes me feel like they think I a loser, that my cosplays suck and will never be as good as theirs. I know I still have a lot to learn. (I just started last march. Didn't really start seriously working on cosplays till this summer. ) But still for the fact these are my first and the amount of experience I had I'm kind of proud of them. (Thats why I'm going to work on them more at break because we ran out of time at be for our con last year.) My creativity often means I don't fallow the rules of cosplay on what a person should or shouldn't try to cosplay. (In fact setting rules makes me more tempted to do cosplays that break them. And make them so freaking awesome nobody can say no. (Is plotting one such cosplay but will give away nothing.)

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey D. Hoffy View Post
    I feel slightly offended by what was said in parentheses, though. D:
    Ahh I'm sorry I shouldn't have said Asian >< (I'm asian too) I was referring to uhlzzangs and the sorts with that bit. It's become this trend to become an internet-celeb over in Korea/Taiwan/HK and people literally become famous for plastering their photoshopped pictures all over the internet. Most of them get scouted from talent/modeling agencies too. It's creepy. (really off topic here....)

I'd really love to see more OP cosplays though! The only ones I've come across are mostly Bleach and Naruto

Quote Originally Posted by amai-mikan View Post
    Ahh I'm sorry I shouldn't have said Asian >< (I'm asian too) I was referring to uhlzzangs and the sorts with that bit. It's become this trend to become an internet-celeb over in Korea/Taiwan/HK and people literally become famous for plastering their photoshopped pictures all over the internet. Most of them get scouted from talent/modeling agencies too. It's creepy. (really off topic here....)

I'd really love to see more OP cosplays though! The only ones I've come across are mostly Bleach and Naruto
    Haha, it's ok amai. <3

Hmm, with OP gradually becoming more popular over time (theoretically), I'm sure you'll see more cosplay of it. Naruto cosplay seems to be on a decline from the cons I've attended.

"Livin' the Asian life, one stereotype at a time."

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information