+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Speed Racer movie trailer

Default Re: Speed Racer movie trailer

ONE PIECE

lets go !

I just got back and MAN that was an exciiiiting thrill-ride. I was breathless for most of the movie.

Goosebumps through the entire thing. Oh wow.

9.5/10

You mean to say it was good?

We are just that damn maji Dragon Warrior Steve's Avatar

This movie brought everything the original show had, made it even more awesome and epic. The whole off course race with the Mach 5 was the best. This movie was the shit.

King of the Klondike "LC"_Lapen's Avatar

I have to say, I walked away from this movie the way I expected to. As a movie by itself, it wasn't that memorable. But as a fan of the old Speed Racer cartoons, I found the movie induced a very strong sence of nostalgia. Of course the races were FUCKWIN, and I would go to see the movie again just to see them.

meh i heard it was garbage. I dont usually consider reviews but 35% thats just...meh

Movie reviews aren't always on the money professional or otherwise.

Really, professional reviews are just like people reviewing on the internet (or are). They each voice their opinions on a film or such. The only difference? One got ahead.

Now, professional reviews are good. But if there's a movie you wanna see you generally don't listen to them. In other words, if you wanna see a movie you wouldn't if just some guy on a forum said it sucked, so why would you someone who gets paid to say the same thing?

Of course, most of us do. XD

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by King_Ty View Post
    meh i heard it was garbage. I dont usually consider reviews but 35% thats just...meh
    A lot of reviewers act like Arlong Park members who bash Ben 10 (myself included) - they criticize the premise and the movie not based on its merits but to jab at the underground anime fandom, who they dislike for feelings of insecurity or whatever. I've noticed a tendency in people to outwardly criticize that which they feel most threatened by, and for people who are so blatant comic-book cocksuckers it's not surprising they'd bash an anime movie.

I haven't seen SR nor intend to see it, but the general opinion from the mainstream folks is that "it's an awesome ride", which is really all it needed to amount to be.

That said, the low gross is a bad thing for the studios but a good thing for me. It means we won't have many more anime movies for the next decade. :)
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

No one told them to release the movie against Iron Man.

This is the best movie ever. Hokuto no Ken references FTW!
    Maya: SuPer-Admin Restricted Desktop Access password-protected!? What!? This is madness!
    Phoenix: No, Maya, that is SPARDA.

Speed Racer is the first movie in a long time I was actually willing to see more than once. The last one that was like that was Snakes on a Plane. But that one was just so bad it was good.

Haha, nice wheels.

The only person who's told me it sucked was a radio show talk host, who talks on my favorite radio frequency only in the morning. The thing is, I hate his opinions, so it really shouldn't matter to me. He keeps on talking about how his radio show is all about free speech, yet everybody who calls in says "Hey, love your show". It's funny how the people who call in always say that first. Always. It makes you wonder.
    If you call in and say anything about how you don't like their show, they just won't air you, but isn't that free speech? He's a hypocrite, I tell ya.

Anyways, that's the end of my rant. I want to see this movie, but I'm afraid I won't get many of it's Anime references, because I have a few faint memories of watching Speed Racer when I was a young boy. Oh well, as long as it's pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Zoro View Post
    Anyways, that's the end of my rant. I want to see this movie, but I'm afraid I won't get many of it's Anime references, because I have a few faint memories of watching Speed Racer when I was a young boy. Oh well, as long as it's pretty good.
    It's not a particularly deep or plot-heavy show, so you don't really need to know much of anything but the basics. Just that you-know-who is really you-know-who (40-year-old "spoilers" FTW), and that the whole "conspiracy behind the races" thing was essentially the plot of every episode. There'd usually be something "different" each time, like a kidnapping, or something being smuggled in one of the cars, and the like, and Speed and crew had to uncover it and save the day. They just made it a bit more large-scale in the movie.

That's really all you need to go into it with. Also, keep in mind that the characters are all being portrayed very true to their cartoon counterparts. So yes, Spritle was that annoying to begin with.

Saw the movie yesterday.That Spritle kid was really getting on my nerves.Can't he just get killed in the movie?

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

My sister saw this movie and said it was horrible on all fronts, and was not justice to the original series.

Suffice to say, while I will see Astro Boy when it comes out I don't think I'll be seeing this soon.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
    My sister saw this movie and said it was horrible on all fronts, and was not justice to the original series.

Suffice to say, while I will see Astro Boy when it comes out I don't think I'll be seeing this soon.
    Oddly enough it was one of me and a lot of my friends fave movies from last summer.

You weren't the only one, I honestly liked the movie quite a bit, it was a good re imagining me thinks

And that theme makes me wanna drive fast
    Follow me on tumblr if you'd like: http://gentlemencinder.tumblr.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko135 View Post
    lemme know if i'm missing something.... but did robin just shove a tree up the stay-puff marshmallow man's ass?

holy ancient thread bump Batman!

Seriously, I think it was obvious the movie would be bad when the commercials looked like technicolor vomit. Not the most enticing sight.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information