+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How I Met Your Mother

Ryukai

Default How I Met Your Mother

Does anybody else watch this show? It was aired on BBC2 over here so I watched all of the first season, but when I looked it up on the net there was already a second season, so I downloaded that. And now the third season has begun!

I love this show - Barney and Marshall are absolutely hilarious, but it's also got an awesome story and that little bit of cheesiness that makes it all so charming. I really hope someone else watches this show T_T

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer Ms. Suave Debonair's Avatar

Default Re: How I Met Your Mother

God yes. Absolutely love HIMYM. It's legendary! Managed to pick up the 1st season DVD and watch it all in the space of two days. I don't think this show gets enough love.

I think that Barney helps make this show. I love how his apartment is so "no women allowed" themed. So I loved that episode where Lilly pretended to be his wife so Barney could get women to leave his apartment faster.
    "Wasn't the Internet made for scanlations in the first place?"- Simon Jones

Ryukai

@ Bad-Beat: Nowhere near enough love lol. Have you seen the second series?? Most of it is on that stage6 website, which is where I watched it. I'm watching season 3 every week on the CBS website :D

Question : How much do you love Barney?

@ Iceman: Barney is one of the best characters ever, in anything! I just love the way he speaks and all his little things he comes up with - Lemon Law, Lebanese Girls, Foxy Boxing etc etc

My favorite episode is the bachelor party before the wedding where they go to Vegas, and Barney gets the stripper and they all walk out of the room looking like they just got F#$ked up lol.. such a great episode.

But yea I love the show, it reminds me a lot of my own friends, although I haven't been catching it lately, never get home early enough to watch it.

Ryukai

You should watch it on CBS' website. They show the most recent episode for a week, until the next one airs.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer Ms. Suave Debonair's Avatar

Barney is an awesome character but Marshall makes me laugh more. The soundtrack to the show is really good as well, I've discovered a lot of good bands by hearing them on the show.

Ryukai

I'm really looking forward to watching last night's episode but CBS haven't got it on their website yet! Grrr...

Anyone watch it last night???

Jesus, I had to dig deep for this one. I hope this is acceptable but: Tonight was the series finale of How I Met Your Mother and boy was it a tear jerker.

Spoiler:
    It was just an explosion of emotions. Joy, laughter and lots and lots sadness. I usually don't like when a show takes a "reality nutshot!" route, but here, it was believable. Mostly when this is used it just makes things needlessly depressing since I want to usually escape the harsh inevitabilities of real life but with what the characters went through and where they end up, it felt right. Robin and Barney divorcing? I was okay with that. Robin leaving and laying down the harsh truth that their friendship was vanishing? Crushing, but I was okay with that too. Barney falling back into his old ways, only to be changed by a little bundle of joy? I was a mess, they nailed it. Ted finally ending up with Robin years and years later after the elusive mother comes and goes (Falling ill and dying)? Full circle. I enjoyed this show very much. I may have come into watching it late, but the writing was great, the characters were great an it ending the way it did. I have no complaints. It was a good run.

Spoiler:
    Except for the dialogue of the kids had at the end. That seemed... unnaturally cheery. I was expecting more of a teenage reaction: where they're a bit bored, but subtly hint at how Ted still wants Robin in their own way. But hey, its all good.
    <3<3
    3DS Friend Code: 2466 - 2906 - 8327 | FS: (Delibird, Bergmite, Dewgong)
    PS4 Gamertag: GeoLigar

Box 1 & 2 Teams
    | Box 3, 4 and 5 Teams

Spoiler:
    By the time we got to the finale I was super against Ted and Robin getting back together. And honestly I felt that Tracey (The Mother) dying was just a cop out so they could go back to Ted x Robin and that upset me a lot. But I can't even lie, the scene where Barney holds his child and makes that promise to her had manly tears flowing almost instantly.

Spoiler:
    Most of the way through it I just laughed at all the rewriting they did to completely negate the fact that they spent a whole season on Barney and Robin's wedding and them just saying, screw it. But when it got to the end where not only did the mother die way back but that Ted's still​ in love with Robin, I was a little pissed to say the least.

Spoiler:
    I liked the first half a lot more than the second one mostly because Alyson Hannigan is an amazing cryer. Always has been. I'm also glad they went through with the divorce. It makes sense. I'm not that glad that they went through with Tracy dying. Especially because it only took about 10 seconds. And I know it's been six years but couldn't the kids have had some sort of (sad) reaction there? Oh yeah, the scene with Barney and his daughter was pretty nice. The best part of the second half.

All in all, the finale was way better than most if not all of the rest of the season. I wasn't even expecting that anymore.
    Just something fun I made during the latest Survivor playing as Monji:
    Spoiler:

Okay, not having seen the last couple of seasons yet
    Spoiler:
    This ending seems like such a cop out.

Especially for a character with 8 seasons of buildup, right from the very first scene. It all proves that Ted is reeeeally shit at telling stories, with him taking 180 something episodes to even finish, meanwhile telling about 160 other stories that have nothing to do with the whole thing.

I admit though I do like this shoq quite a lot and will be sad to see it end, but it is better then it ending up like Two and a Half Men.

well that was a horrible ending.

Spoiler:
    Kids, let me tell you the story of how everything I told you doesn't matter squat because in the end I'll just undo all the growth and character development lol

This last episode made up for the train-wreck this last season has been.

I'm a huge fan of the first couple seasons, this episode slapped me in the face in the last bit. Kudos!
    "I still think you are on the run or something.
    You just look like a different person, in a new place, with a new name in every picture." - Hiroy

ADD ME ON One Piece Treasure Cruise : GLOBAL: 782,244,354 (RAY/BOA/WB/SW SHANKS/SABO)

My investment in this kept waning from season 5 onward. So I was actually enjoying myself watching the finale due the reaction of my friends.
    I laughed really hard at how they threw a lot of build up and character progression out of the window at the last moment.

How I tell my kids that I want to bang their aunt Robin again... xD

I used to enjoy HIMYM a lot until around season 5, then it slowly lost interest from me.

Then about 2 episodes into this final season I just couldn't do it anymore.

Having read about the ending, I'm glad I didn't see it to the end tbh lol.

This finale was Lumberjack Dexter levels of awful.

Quote Originally Posted by RobZilla View Post
    I used to enjoy HIMYM a lot until around season 5, then it slowly lost interest from me.

Then about 2 episodes into this final season I just couldn't do it anymore.

Having read about the ending, I'm glad I didn't see it to the end tbh lol.
    It was actually not that bad....if you stopped watching when he says "and that's how I met your mother". Then don't watch the last 4 minutes. I could see him hooking up with Robin anyway but the conversation with the kids (which was recorded in S2 and ignored stuff that happened afterwards) was tonally off.

Oh good. So I wasn't the only one that didn't like the ending?

Spoiler:
    I swear, when Ted visited Robin at the end with the french horn, me, my brother, and my sister all said "no!" and left the room in three different directions.

Why did they go through the trouble of introducing the mother, developing her....then killing her off?

Why did we have a whole f**king season of Robin and Barney getting married, only for them to divorce literally in the same episode where they finally do get married....???

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information