+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Death Note Manga Discussion

Discovered Stowaway

Default Death Note Manga Discussion

this is one of the coolest mangas. it is about this notebook that when u write someone's name in it, they die.

it has awesome incredibly smart plots and its just amazing
    my CD, THE GLASS, is now available on the iTunes Music Store!!

You can also get it from CD Baby
    Become my friend on
    myspace!!

Death Note is one crazy acid trip of wittiness. I love it. It's not too complicated in terms of personalities, but I admit finding the constantly thrilling battles of wits to be irresistable.

Stuff.

I read chapter 31 & 32 last night. Holy crap! I have never laughed so hard at a manga in my life, chapter 31 > page 16 > 3rd panel. :o :lol: I love Misa & all, but damn, I would've socked her one too.

Yeh, this is a really unique jump manga. Very smart & always enthralling, though sometimes L's tests become to much, the endless game of cat & mouse between Raito & L sometimes push the limits of my patients.

I love this series. Besides One Piece, this is the only series where I bought the japanese tanks. Light has all these crazy plans that tend to work out. You never know what is going to happen because it is just.....I dunno how to explain it.

Great manga I was Hooked after Chapter I read chapter 1.Its diffrent from the mangas of jump

I've read chapters 1-56 so far. I love the battles of wits between Raito and L. (L is the coolest IMO.) It's indeed the freshest manga I've read in a while.

not to be a noobie but ive never heard of Death-Note :S

Originally posted by Tony Tony Chopper@Feb 13 2005, 05:36 PM
    not to be a noobie but ive never heard of Death-Note :S
    [snapback]1660[/snapback]
    Then consider the fact that you've now learned of existence to be a message from above that you should go read it right now! It's one of the best-executed manga series out there at the moment, and the fanscanners are pretty much right behind the Japanese release (56 chapters in English, with 57 total so far).
    Do not offend the Chair Leg of Truth; it is wise and terrible.
    -Spider Jerusalem

Why does everyone call Light, Raito. It says "Light"

Originally posted by EvilGamerX@Feb 13 2005, 06:13 PM
    Why does everyone call Light, Raito. It says "Light"
    [snapback]1689[/snapback]
    Because to an English speaker, "Light" sounds dorky. Not to mention that the fanscanners were using "Raito" for like 30-40 chapters, so people got used to that. I prefer to use "Light" as well, but it's just hard to think of it as a name.
    -Spider Jerusalem

I've read past vol.4. I know the scanlation group I read with, eventually changes it to "Light" but it's Raito at the moment.

Cgoten

Death Note is one of my favorite series right now, heh. The Yotsuba arc kinda seemed like it was dragging on, but then the plot jumped right back to where it was before, and it's just as amazing as ever. =p

Errr... To get into spoilers here...
    Misa is pretty much guaranteed to die sometime soon, now that she's given up 3/4s of her life... I hope she doesn't find out L's name again and then die right then. That'd kinda suck. >_>

Baratie

Yeah, the Yotsuba arc seemed pretty dragged out to me too. I'm not really liking Light without his whole killing intent attitude. You know when the manga is starting to get good when you see his eyes with that evil tint of his :P

Ah, last I read to was around chapter 26 (couldn't find anymore at the time and forgot about it). It's an interesting read indeed where I guess your morals and ideals start to kick in and you wonder if the main character's really good or not because of what he thinks is right and wrong. Well, from what I read. I ought to continue off where I left off. But yes, it's good.

Not exactly my cup of tea though. I find it deals with more of a outsmarting kind of aspect to it, outwitting per se. Hmm, yeah, can't find the right words. But anyways, good stuff.

Oh, uh, does it plan to end anytime soon? Out of curiousity.

Originally posted by Cgoten@Feb 14 2005, 09:21 AM
    Errr... To get into spoilers here...
    Misa is pretty much guaranteed to die sometime soon, now that she's given up 3/4s of her life... I hope she doesn't find out L's name again and then die right then. That'd kinda suck. >_>
    [snapback]1732[/snapback]
    It's not 3/4 of her life, actually, because for the eye exchange you lose 1/2 of the remainder of your lifespan. Like if your lifespan is 60 years, and you exchange when you're 20, your new death age won't be 30 (half of 60) but 40 (20+half of what's left).

But still she can drop dead any time now O_o;

I'm so glad that evil!Light is back. The whole Yotsuba fiasco is quite left field. The part I like best about DN is when Light and L tries to outwit each other. Of course after a while it got a bit stale, but putting Misa in the picture as a balance shifter heated up the plot.

And just curious, whose side are you on? Light or L?
    One Piece is boring.

Only because it's boring to say every week, "This is awesome. Oda is a Genius.".

Originally posted by Shylu+Feb 13 2005, 10:04 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shylu &#064; Feb 13 2005, 10:04 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>It&#39;s not 3/4 of her life, actually, because for the eye exchange you lose 1/2 of the remainder of your lifespan. Like if your lifespan is 60 years, and you exchange when you&#39;re 20, your new death age won&#39;t be 30 (half of 60) but 40 (20+half of what&#39;s left).
    [snapback]1883[/snapback]
    [/b]

Yeah, Misa&#39;s probably got at least 10 years left, if not more. And by then, the series will probably be over with some happy ending involving her getting her lifespan back.

<!--QuoteBegin-Shylu
    @Feb 13 2005, 10:04 PM
    And just curious, whose side are you on? Light or L?
    [snapback]1883[/snapback]
    [/quote]

Take a wild guess. I&#39;m sure it&#39;ll be hard. I mean, it&#39;s not like answer is staring you in the face or anything. If you still need a hint: it&#39;s not the one who&#39;s a complete freaking bastard.
    -Spider Jerusalem

Discovered Stowaway

i;m kinda on L&#39;s side cuz he&#39;s just cooler than light but i wanna see what light does but i dont want L TO DIE&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

but misa rocks.

Become my friend on
    myspace!!

yeah, death note is definitely one of the more original mangas in recent memory.

Discovered Stowaway

the guy who writes it is a genious

Become my friend on
    myspace!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information