Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Oda's inspiration: 3 mega story arcs

Default Oda's inspiration: 3 mega story arcs

I know it's been a while since I've been on, but trust me! I have my reasons...Anyway, I'm sorry if someone beat me to this. The idea came from not one spontaneous whim, but from sevral succesive events: I wrote a report and created a poster on the Spanish Empire and it's colonization of the Americas (2006), I watched several conspiracy theory videos and read many objective/differently-opinonated books (06-07), I travelled to Chicago, Detroit, Akron, Colombus, Troy and other great locations to conduct Sociological research, and I read some Islamic books (Harun Yahya, Darrusalam) to further reasearch on the Anti-Christ and the last days on Earth. Enjoy!

Arabasta:

I think Crocodile is supposed to be the Dajjal (Anti-Christ, False Messiah). Either that, or he is a zionist spy because he creates illusions (Changing weather, bringing people back, blackmailing the King) that causes people to loose fath and hope. And when they do, they accept HIM as the new leader (There is no other option...!)^

Shy-Nee Cull-ers...Pretty staaar....

Supporting him being zionist:^^
    -It was implied he used to be like Lufy before the GrandLine corrupted him.
    -Prestigious background turned out wrong.
    -The Govt., and this is a FACT, used him to help take over countries
    -The Five Elder Stars are either the leaders of the 5 super-powers (Isreal, U.K, U.S, Russia, China) or they are the secret leaders of the Synagogue of Satan (Who controls the zionists at the top). Note: There are five points on a pentagram.

Yeah, Arabasta was obviously inspired by Arabian Civil War, WMD's and whatnot. Vivi is liberal Shiite Muslim, Khoza is Sunni.

SkyPeia:

Enel is Atahualpa, the tyrant of the Incas. The Straw-Hats and The Sarumayan alliance are the colonists, the Shandians are the Natives just trying to live in peace. The gold is...the gold.

The tyrant, in all his self-righteous glory.

Here is the conquistador himself, envoy of the Spanish Empire. Luffy's pirate King outfit in 10 years...? Naw.

THIS, IS...INCA...!

Similarities in events:

-Francisco Pizarro, the conquistador, held Atahualpa for ransom but executed him even though he paid the money. The reason was b.s because he charged him with killing his brother and plotting against the colonists (Which he DID); and the only reason was so that he didn't anger the natives.^^^
    -The Shandians are over-joyed to be "liberated" and are going to give the gold anyway when the Straw-Hats "steal" it and run (A light-hearted reference to the greedy exploits of Cortez, another conquistador).
    -Luffy is hell-bent on "sending Enel flying" and fights him despite the promises of gold and favorable conditions. He did plot the survival game after-all, and hurt his friends.
    In addition to the above, this is what Francisco Pizarro said to Atahualpa: "When you have seen the errors in which you live,you will understand the good we have done by coming to your land...our lord permited that your pride be brought low and that no Indian should be able to offend a Christian,".^^^^

Compare THAT to:

"Yeah right, you don't look like God!"

and

"There are many men in the blue seas who are capable of defeating you; you are NOTHING,".^^^^^
    -Wiper symbolizes all the Native Americans feelings: Ancestry love, pride in one's Nation, keeping culture alive. It is historically accurate for him to hate BOTH super-powers even though one helped get rid of the other (Luffy/Pizarro defeating Enel/Atahualpa). He has no choice but to thank and support Luffy, but like Shinomori Aoshi, it was a "temporary alliance".

So yeah...Oda has done a truck-load of research before writing these mega-arcs...I think he is brilliant. In the first manga, he wrote: "I have gathered lots of research material before writing this [pirate story]. And if you consider that his manga has universal appeal, and the World Govt. always seems to parallel the Bush Administration (They are currently removing Islamic books and other religious books from the prison system, just like the Govt. in One Piece did to Ohara) he is is fact a Conspiracy theorist and an exposer of the truth. Just like Alex Jones: rich in information but soft-spoken enough to not get himself killed. Could he be the true successor of George Orwel...?

Citation:

^-But Some of it's signs have already come!, Major signs of the Last Hour, Al Fustaat Magazine.
    ^^-Pawns in the Game, Harun Yahya: Books Demolishing the Lie of Evolution, Jewish Politics: http://www.pgorg.com/ww1.html
    ^^^-Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pizarro
    ^^^^-www.wilsonsalmanac.com/book/nov16.html
    ^^^^^-MSN Groups: One Piece manga V. 2
    Last edited by Masta D.; September 30th, 2007 at 11:08 AM. Reason: New pics

Doubt-ダウト- Kitsune: 9-Tailed Beast's Avatar

Default Re: Oda's inspiration: 3 mega story arcs

Quite interesting yes, but that's only 2......
    Some people say that the every heartbeat us the sound of god, kicking an angel, in the face.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer Ms. Suave Debonair's Avatar

It is just a manga.

Post Re: Oda's inspiration: 3 mega story arcs

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune: 9-Tailed Beast View Post
    Quite interesting yes, but that's only 2......
    The third is CP9, towards the end before citation. I kind of rushed that part:

"Big Brother" was coined by George Orwel and is a major plot-device in his books. The World Govt. indeed fits the description of Totalitarian politics with constant surveillance.

-They use people to set an example (Ohara, Gold Roger).
    -They have thought police (Navy)
    -They censor history and create un-persons (Ponelygraphs).

It is just a manga.
    There are four traditional roles for the artist:
    1) To record the world
    2) To reveal hidden or universal truths
    3) To see the world in new light (ways)
    4) To reveal hidden or universal truths.

1984 is just a book. The religious texts of Monotheism are just processed paper with rich ink colligraphy. The Constituion is just a bunch of wrinkly, yellow papers. Your statement is the usual bland, apathetic response from the proles (cattle). I'm not even going to stress over it. Need I say more...?
    Last edited by Masta D.; September 30th, 2007 at 11:19 AM. Reason: IDK

Quote Originally Posted by Masta D. View Post
    The third is CP9, towards the end before citation. I kind of rushed that part:

"Big Brother" was coined by George Orwel and is a major plot-device in his books. The World Govt. indeed fits the description of Totalitarian politics with constant surveillance.

-They use people to set an example (Ohara, Gold Roger).
    -They have thought police (Navy)
    -They censor history and create un-persons (Ponelygraphs).

There are four traditional roles for the artist:
    1) To record the world
    2) To reveal hidden or universal truths
    3) To see the world in new light (ways)
    4) To receal hidden or universal truths.

1984 is just a book. The religious texts of Monotheism are just processed paper with rich ink colligraphy. The Constituion is just a bunch of wrinkly, yellow papers. Your statement is the usual bland, apathetic response from the proles (cattle). I'm not even going to stress over it. Need I say more...?
    Yeah I missed your CP9 part...XP

I do agree with you heavily on the retaliation to, "It's just a manga"
    Some people say that the every heartbeat us the sound of god, kicking an angel, in the face.

Exactly, it's just a manga and I think even though you did one hell of a research, which is great, you look a little bit too much into that.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody View Post
    Exactly, it's just a manga and I think even though you did one hell of a research, which is great, you look a little bit too much into that.
    Now you sound reasonable, I will admit that sometimes I look too much into things

Quote Originally Posted by nobody View Post
    You know who cares what you think? Nobody! YOHOHOHO!!!!!!!!!!
    Ah, I kid, I kid....I couldn't resist that one XD

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune: 9-Tailed Beast View Post
    You know who cares what you think? Nobody! YOHOHOHO!!!!!!!!!!
    Ah, I kid, I kid....I couldn't resist that one XD
    :P

Well, at least you got me interested in this stuff with your thread, it contained lots of information. Our incompetent RE teacher doesn't want to talk about Antichrist-related things in class.

Nice research but One Piece is really not that deep. I remember in a SBS that someone asked if Sodom and Gomorrah are based on the cities that God destroyed implying that the WG has godly power, to which Oda replied that his manga is not that deep. But good work nevertheless.

I think the thing of Soddom and Goamorrah was a bit less deep than people make it to be. I mean, despite my bad memory related to stuff of the bible, I think that the people of one of the cities didn't had to look back when their neighbors were destroyed by god, so I would rather say that Sodomm and Gamorrah rush into the WG was just that, one kept going after the other was shoot down by the WG....

I think the thing of Soddom and Goamorrah was a bit less deep than people make it to be. I mean, despite my bad memory related to stuff of the bible, I think that the people of one of the cities didn't had to look back when their neighbors were destroyed by god, so I would rather say that Sodomm and Gamorrah rush into the WG was just that, one kept going after the other was shoot down by the WG....

And as ridiculous as it may see, I think that Ennies Lobby actually more related to Animal Farm. I mean, the Pigs actually trained some puppies to become Killing Machines, just like the CP9 was trained since their childhood to become what they were, plus Spandam was pretty naive like the horses, just dreaming about getting more "unknown" reward (Well, we don't even know what kind of job would he get if he became the "hero" that saved the world from Nico Robin...) for working hard, wich obviously lead him to an ugly end like that one horse that was sold to a Glue Factory after becoming a so called hero. And finally, the thing of making the people of the world to forget about the events of the past and hide information from them (Gol D. Roger, the forgotten history, Monkey D. Dragon, Ohara....). Well, I just compared them because both are kinda short.

Anyways, I wouldn't be surprised if the WG was behind the creation of the thousands of islands that form the OP World. I mean, there couldn't have been a better way to conquer an ancient civilization than dividing it's population in small communities located on many islands. There's also the thing of Odz. What if the FES or his ancestors found a way to control him? With the whole thing of Alien Races seeking the resources of the Earth, there's a slight chance of the FES being from an Alien Ancestry and Odz being nothing but their former Space Slave...
    Last edited by King Kobra; September 30th, 2007 at 12:52 PM.

Soddom and Gommora eh...? Well, the term sodomy, commonly used by us video-game/anime/fight debators to mean beyond the cliche 'pwn', is defined in the dictionary as "n. Any of various forms of sexual intercourse held to be unnatural or abnormal".

What were the people of those cities doing...? Homosexuality. In the quran, the Prophet Lut (Lot, لوط) had a wife that was told "not to look back" and she did, being destroyed in the process. And there are a few verses going over some of their sick practices:

"Do you commit tje worst sin such as none has preceding you has commited in the Alamin (Mankind, Jin, sentient beings)...?"

"Verily, you practise your lusts on men instead of women. Naym but you are a people transgressing beyond bounds (commiting great sins),"

Surah 7, verses 80-81.

What is now known as the "Red Sea" Basin is scientifically proven to be the lowest place on Earth. Geographically, it is within the region of Iraq. The Byzantium Romans, led by Heraclius were getting the snot beaten out of them. Paganist Persia was driving them out of their land, and scarfing up territories. Several other warriar clans also harrassed them, to the point where Civil War scuffles occured and Golden Church monuments were melted for money (To finance the military).

In 620 C.E, the Arabs wanted a Roman victory because they both upheld monotheistic beliefs and the Persians were dickwads. Just when all hope seemed lost, a chapter in the quraan was produced predicting a Roman defeat "on the lowest place in Earth," and that is what happen. Strangely enough, the same verse stated "they themselves would be victorious," but only after getting thoroughly sodomized .

Guess what...? When the archangel 'Gabriel' (Gavriʼel, Jibreel) was ordered by God to assemble the angels and destroy the town for their crimes, they were launching meteors at them and causing violent weather storms. Lot and his few followers+family were told to march out and "not to look back," but of course his wife did and bought her ticket to hell. Anyway, Gabriel is supposed to be the most zealous and powerfull of the angels. The Prophet Muhammad said "he had 600 wings, was large enough to fill the horizon, and could travel to his Lord and back as fast as a twinkle," ZOMG, liek, we didn't discover the speed of light till 14 centuries l8r!!!

Logically, he shouldn't have to use his full strength to destroy two puny towns:

For you Physician Science nerds

DAAAYYM. Gabriel was a BEAST.

Does this look familiar...?

http://groups.msn.com/onepiecemangav...&PhotoID=14832

The Dead Sea today

Quote Originally Posted by Masta D. View Post
    I watched several conspiracy theory videos and read many objective/differently-opinonated books (06-07),
    Was one of them Loose Change? I'd like to know because it'll have a large effect on whether or not I ever need to take your opinions on anything seriously.

What were the people of those cities doing...? Homosexuality. In the quran, the Prophet Lut (Lot, لوط) had a wife that was told "not to look back" and she did, being destroyed in the process. And there are a few verses going over some of their sick practices:

"Do you commit tje worst sin such as none has preceding you has commited in the Alamin (Mankind, Jin, sentient beings)...?"

"Verily, you practise your lusts on men instead of women. Naym but you are a people transgressing beyond bounds (commiting great sins),"

Surah 7, verses 80-81.
    The problem with that the notion that Sodom and Gomorrah were primarily destroyed for practice of homosexuality is that most of the texts describing said incident tend to stress that the primary causes of their destruction were malicious cruelty, arrogance, inhospitality, and lack of obedience to the will of God. The notion that homosexuality is usually listed as the primary cause is largely the result of people searching for explicit condemnations of said practice in biblical texts.

Beyond that, Lut's wife did not leave the city with him, but was destroyed along with the citizens of the city after they ignored Lut's messages about abandoning polytheism, dishonesty, indecency of action, and, again, inhospitality.
    Complicating things since 2009.

From volume 43's SBS

Q Do the names of Sodom and Gomorrah come from the cities that appear in the Old Testament of
    the bible? In the bible they were destroyed by God. Are they being integrated into the
    story by being destroyed by the great "Godly" power of the World Government?
    by Yoiko
    O: Uh... One Piece isn't that deep of a story.

Learn it. Live it. Love it.~

Quote Originally Posted by WeAllEatFood View Post
    From volume 43's SBS

Q Do the names of Sodom and Gomorrah come from the cities that appear in the Old Testament of
    the bible? In the bible they were destroyed by God. Are they being integrated into the
    story by being destroyed by the great "Godly" power of the World Government?
    by Yoiko
    O: Uh... One Piece isn't that deep of a story.

Learn it. Live it. Love it.~
    Yeah, that was the SBS I meant.

Well, at least I served a purpose.

I think I read this thread once before. It was called Foucault's Pendulum, and it was written by Umberto Eco.
    Last edited by stephen; October 1st, 2007 at 04:59 AM.

thats why i like the manga; it's very anti new world order

Good show, Masta D. It makes me miss the tedious work of Chlodwig Chillingfrost and others.

But Arabasta comes from a very familiar person in Egyptian History: Ramsses II. You might know him as Moses' half-brother, the guy who Moses freed the slaves from in the Bible. But prior to the Exodus, there was the great Battle of Kadesh that occurred. This battle wasn't a Civil War like the Arabasta situation was, but it did involve pirates; specifically, the Shardana Sea Pirates, a band of nomads like the Mongols, who instead of traveling on foot, were nomads on the ocean (a true pirate). Ramses went to great lengths to curb the actions of the Shardana, which usually involved coastal raids and pillaging.

Couple that with the fact that his most famous wife was Nefertari II, who was practically deified during her lifetime, and there you go.
    I called it wrong, so long ago. I guess this needs to be changed.

Please, let us enjoy our over the top pirate comic book in peace.

Thank you.

Thread Information