Closed Thread
Page 5 of 508 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 505 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Discovered Stowaway Sanji The Cook's Avatar

Default Re: Do you think Gol D. Roger ate a devil fruit?

Well I think of it there hasn't really been a lot of pirates so far out now that haven't eaten Devil fruits. I mean, take Foxy Silver he ate the Noro Noro fruit and gained slow powers and has managed to get a crew of 500 men (Plus Porche) and he got all of his strength from his devil fruit. So I think I'd be either fate or shear luck if a man was to sail the seas with his own human strength alone. I mean Don Krieg tried but was taken down by Mihawk (I hope I spelled his name right) cause he also may have eaten one as said by Don Krieg. So I still think Gold Roger ate a DF, if not that dude is pretty lucky I'd say. So I hope this theory of mine makes sense.... please don't flame....

Shanks didn't eat a devil fruit and he's not weak... From what you're saying, everyone who didn't eat a devil fruit is pathetic. Well, look at Garp and Shanks. We know for certain these two didn't.
    I called it wrong, so long ago. I guess this needs to be changed.

....Well I really wouldn't say it like that it's just the guys without DF are really strong and lucky to make it this far and who knows maybe Shanks & Garp did eat a DF we don't know until it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanji The Cook View Post
    ....Well I really wouldn't say it like that it's just the guys without DF are really strong and lucky to make it this far and who knows maybe Shanks & Garp did eat a DF we don't know until it happens.
    No, we know Shanks didn't eat a devil fruit. We've seen him swim twice, once after he was already a Yonkou. I doubt he would eat one after losing his arm, otherwise we would've seen it in action already.

And Garp would've used his as well if he had eaten one.

I'd like to think that some people in One Piece are simply powerful enough on their own effort and don't have to depend on special powers.

For that matter, look at all the people who ate Logia. Except for Smoker and Kuzan, they're weak as hell without their powers. Crocodile got launched by a Gomu Gomu no Bazooka, Enel got launched too. I doubt Ace is gonna fare well against Blackbeard (Though that remains to be seen) either.
    I called it wrong, so long ago. I guess this needs to be changed.

Well...I can't remember myself, but was he wearing seastone shackles when he was executed?

That could clear up a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by "Fire Fist" Ace View Post
    No, we know Shanks didn't eat a devil fruit. We've seen him swim twice, once after he was already a Yonkou. I doubt he would eat one after losing his arm, otherwise we would've seen it in action already.

And Garp would've used his as well if he had eaten one.

I'd like to think that some people in One Piece are simply powerful enough on their own effort and don't have to depend on special powers.

For that matter, look at all the people who ate Logia. Except for Smoker and Kuzan, they're weak as hell without their powers. Crocodile got launched by a Gomu Gomu no Bazooka, Enel got launched too. I doubt Ace is gonna fare well against Blackbeard (Though that remains to be seen) either.
    You drive a great point there.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGalleon1 View Post
    You dont have to eat a devils fruit to be strong. Whitebeard appears to not have a fruit and he was roughly the equal in power to Roger.

Apis (anime).
    Come on! She is like he Lord of the Beasts! =P
    Yeah, Brook is family...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Tony Choppa View Post
    Come on! She is like he Lord of the Beasts! =P
    More like Queen of the beasts since I think Mohji the Lion tamer is King of the beasts.

Personally, I don't think Roger had any devil fruit abilities, but if he did...

I'd vote Yami Yami No Mi. Apparently, Blackbeard knew exactly what fruit he was looking for, and going by the theory that DFs regrow once their users have died or been killed...

If you're gonna eat a devil fruit, why not go for the one that once belonged to the greatest man on the seas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chibi Schala
    Nero has just the right amout of junk in his trunk.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer psolaras's Avatar

wait something just popped in my mind,if roger had a fruit then why roger's nakama were gathering around buggy to see if the DF truly do something?????

either they never saw a DF user that time (that clearly kills roger-DF theory) or never saw roger fighting which isn't so believable

so since his nakama didn't know about the existance of the DF roger propably didn't have one

Another reasonable interpretation of the Buggy event is that they might not have known if that specific fruit was a real devils fruit or a fake one since they recovered it from an enemy ship rather than finding it in the wild.

Correct me if I'm wrong, and forgive me for going off topic, but didn't Luffy eat only half the Gomu Gomu DF? Meaning that the other half could have been later eaten' by someone else?

Which brings me back to the topic that I think Gol D. Roger didn't eat the Gomu Gomu DF because there was no bite taken out of it when Luffy ate it. And I don't think there are two of the same fruits.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer psolaras's Avatar

i was reading the sbs in search for shanks being an ambidextrous or not and i found a question like this thread which goes something like this:

Q:"luffy left half of his fruit,did he take half of the abilities and can someone else eat the rest and become a ruber man?"

O:"when someone bites the fruit it doesn't matter if they ate it whole,the fruit gives all it's abilities with a single bite so all that remains then is a nasty old fruit"

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Default Question About Gear: 2nd

There's something about Luffy's Gear: 2nd I've never completely understood. It's been often said that the move chips away at Luffy's life. I've seen two interpretations of this and I've never been sure is correct. Is the danger to Luffy's life:

A) Immediate. As in it wears him down and weakens him and puts his life potentialy at risk then and there. But he can rest and recover from it.

or

B) Long-term. Meaning the use of Gear: 2nd actually affects Luffy's natural lifespan, cutting it down by how heavily he uses it.

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

Default Re: Question About Gear: 2nd

Pretty sure it was long term, but I am not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.allsunday
    Nice job jumping on the bandwagon there Aethos, I can only wish I was as cool as you

Thank you PN for Avatar ^^ Gorlom's Avatar

think its the second. its supposed to increase the blood pumping through his system right? that usually has a negative longterm effect in mangas.

Quote Originally Posted by warp View Post
    Pretty sure it was long term, but I am not sure.
    im going to have that as my sig from now on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas View Post
    What the...? Holy smurf am I slow! Until this statement of yours I never even realized that an octopus is actually serving octopusballs. Talk about not seeing the forest because of too many trees. *facepalm*

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

Is gear 2nd similar to the Flash?

As in, the reason why he'll die is because he's burning off his metabolism faster?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Stay focused, cause right now you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what hes lost, or a man looking forward, to what he might become?

http://groups.msn.com/onepiecemangav...o&PhotoID=8671

Here Lucci says you are shortening your life, so I would assume that he meant over a long period of time.

Also why I was sigged for that I really have no clue, but whatever Oo

Quote Originally Posted by mr.allsunday
    Nice job jumping on the bandwagon there Aethos, I can only wish I was as cool as you

Thank you PN for Avatar ^^ Gorlom's Avatar

It's because i read it as you are contradicting yourself, by beeing sure and at the same time not sure, and i cant stop giggeling about it =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas View Post
    What the...? Holy smurf am I slow! Until this statement of yours I never even realized that an octopus is actually serving octopusballs. Talk about not seeing the forest because of too many trees. *facepalm*

The Other White Meat Capt Haggis's Avatar

I'm going to say both.

After all he was out for as long as the croc fight. I'm thinking that as much long as the croc fight and prehaps longer since garp woke him up. Makes me think it was more from the side effects since in he took mainly damage from the six gun thingy whose name I can't recall.

Edit After all he seems to be boiling his own blood so if he does it to long or to often in a row it could kill him. But have no doubt about the long term effects.
    Your daily heaping helping of haggis.

Closed Thread

Thread Information