+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 687

Thread: Boondocks

  1. #321
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Unknown

    Default Re: Boondocks

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkstorm View Post
    Someone could throw a chair.
    Don't do that.

    Shit will pop off.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Lion-san View Post
    Wouldn't care actually. But that's just me.
    You're not black.

    Quote Originally Posted by project1980 View Post
    This is why I love the Boondocks...
    I know nigga and you're not alone.

  2. #322
    El Sucio Sánchez SantoryuMaster97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Under the Meadowland

    Default Re: Boondocks

    I hate the N-word, my cousin uses it all the time and his little brother say it freely....But hell these 2 also call me a "Jew" and seig heil they dont take much shit seriously. But man its just a disgusting sounding word that it shouldnt even exist.
    Survivor of the Ivotas Holocaust!

    XboxLive Gamertag: Big Evil99
    Addiction defines Gravity. Speed over addiction

  3. #323

    Default Re: Boondocks

    Quote Originally Posted by S7evin View Post
    I can't use the N-word. I'm the whitest cracker you'll ever meet. I have exactly zero ancestors who are any color other than white. And I'm of German descent.... so yeah....

    No racial epitaphs from my mouth


  4. #324

    Default Re: Boondocks

    Quote Originally Posted by S7evin View Post
    I can't use the N-word. I'm the whitest cracker you'll ever meet. I have exactly zero ancestors who are any color other than white. And I'm of German descent.... so yeah....
    I'm sure there's a N-word that you blond blue eyed germans can use

  5. #325
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Unknown

    Default Re: Boondocks

    S7evin is such a badass.

  6. #326
    is Stolen Silence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In a state of mind

    Default Re: Boondocks

    BRING THE BEAT BACK

    Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Lion-san View Post
    Anyone that's bothered by the simple word nigger is an over-moralistic pansy. There's nothing wrong with calling a black man/woman a nigger. It's the CONTEXT that matters.
    Just wanted to put the past couple of pages in context.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

  7. #327
    I like videogames TLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Malta

    Default Re: Boondocks

    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    Basically TLS, you are idealistically proposing a BUBBLE WORLD. I agree that people shouldn't let a single word hold power over them, but the problem is outside of BUBBLE WORLD there are no people who are not affected strongly by certain words. I'm going to go out on a limb and call your argument hypocritical on the face of it, because I am almost 100% certain that there are words that you can be called or words that your friends might be called that would make you angry and lash out. i.e. if someone called your girlfriend a cunt to her face.
    Hey now, if someone called my girlfriend (who doesn't exist by the way) a cunt face, the meaning of their words would be clear as something extremely offensive. Let's say my girlfriend was black and some stranger came to her face and called her nigger. The naturally thing to assume (especially in a country as racist as mine) would be he was using the word in that way. So of course I'll be pissed. With that said I call my best friend's girlfriend who he's definitely gonna marry a bitch in front of his face all the time and he just laughs with me because he knows I mean it in a funny haha gangsta shit way and not that I actually mean it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    Hell, you're proving it right now in a way, getting all out of sorts because someone is refusing to call you -San instead of -Chan. It's just a word, why get so bent out of shape about it?
    That's just a running gag of mine really. I don't really care what suffix people use.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    ...See what I mean? Your BUBBLE WORLD of no words having any real meaning is a fantasy. If words don't have power then language has no power and speech has no power. You can't divorce some words from their histories - it's just not possible to achieve your theoretical reality. But you seem to understand that -- so why make the argument at all?
    I'm not saying you don't have a point because you do. You're pretty much right in every aspect. BUT I just want to make clear that at the end of the day people are bothered by words like nigga because of the meaning they themselves give to it because of the social environment of where they live. Which makes for some crazy shit like how it's okay for black people to say it to each other's face like Saurus was talking about. I just wanna point out how dumb forcing words and meanings together is.

  8. #328
    الضفدع كسلان القراصنة S7evin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Wrong Planet

    Default Re: Boondocks

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    I'm sure there's a N-word that you blond blue eyed germans can use
    Naw, they wouldn't take me. I look about as German as a Ford Mustang.

    Quote Originally Posted by KingofSarus View Post
    S7evin is such a badass.
    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic, but that's going into my sig
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by KingofSarus View Post
    S7evin is such a badass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea View Post
    You are nice and bad-ass at the same time, S7evin.


  9. #329
    I like videogames TLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Malta

    Default Re: Boondocks

    Quote Originally Posted by KingofSarus View Post
    You're not black.
    Because every black person is the same and there's a rule in the black book of blackness that you have to be offended by it for the sake of the people.

    But yeah I'm NOT black. BUT, I kinda look like one which is what matters at the end of the day isn't it?

  10. #330

    Default Re: Boondocks

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Thankfuly i couldnt do a good imitations if my life depended on.

    And i assume the same thing applies to Dave Chappelle aka kingofsaurus.
    Funnily enough since 80 percent of Chappelle's Show was written by THE WHITEST DUDE IN THE PLANET ya'll get SOME free passes.

    Mostly of the Rick James/Prince/Samuel Jackson variety.

    Episode one stands as an unquotable ep for white dudes... cept for THIS gem: "Did that dude just call me a nigg**!? AWEOME!1!!!"

    I do a MEAN Uncle Ruckus irl... :V then again I also do Gollum/Jar Jar Binks but that's mostly cuz I was all about being a voice actor when I was like 14... that dream has slowly faded away.
    Last edited by StrawHatRican; May 6th, 2010 at 10:07 AM. Reason: I just realized TLS is trollin' us.. goddamnit.

  11. #331
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Unknown

    Default Re: Boondocks

    Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Lion-san View Post
    Because every black person is the same and there's a rule in the black book of blackness that you have to be offended by it for the sake of the people.

    But yeah I'm NOT black. BUT, I kinda look like one which is what matters at the end of the day isn't it?

    NO.

  12. #332
    I like videogames TLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Malta

    Default Re: Boondocks

    Hey man, you couldn't tell the difference unless I told you. So I get that free pass right?

  13. #333
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Unknown

    Default Re: Boondocks

    I'll think about it...

  14. #334

    Default Re: Boondocks

    I'm apparently 2 pages too late to say this in the middle of flared tempers, but.

    Given that this is the BOONDOCKS thread, and *only* because it is the Boondocks thread, and the show itself deals with race relations and uses the word nigger, I'll allow this discussion to keep going. But I've been pmed complaints.

    If you can keep a civil discussion going, fine. But there's a bunch of hotbed topics being tossed around and tempers can flare easily. I'll ban folks and close this thread if I think it needs doing. Only warning.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

    Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

  15. #335

    Default Re: Boondocks

    Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Lion-san View Post
    But yeah I'm NOT black. BUT, I kinda look like one which is what matters at the end of the day isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Lion-san View Post
    Hey man, you couldn't tell the difference unless I told you. So I get that free pass right?
    You could just state what you are or post a real pic and we'll be the judge of that >=P

  16. #336
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Unknown

    Default Re: Boondocks

    No offense, when I saw you, I knew some shit was going to happen.

    I was like, I know Robby doesn't watch The Boondocks...

    Quote Originally Posted by robbybedfart View Post
    Okay, given that this is the BOONDOCKS thread, and *only* because it is the Boondocks thread, and the show itself deals with race relations and use the word nigger, I'll allow this discussion to keep going. But I've been pmed complaints.
    Are you fucking serious?!

    Snitches...

    If you can keep a civil discussion going, fine. But there's a bunch of hotbed topics being tossed around and tempers can flare easily. I'll ban folks and close this thread if I think it needs doing. Only warning.
    What the hell?

    We're having a nice conversation.

    Whoever PM'd you is a dumbass.
    Last edited by KingofSarus; May 6th, 2010 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Robby said, "nigger"... HELL NAW!!!

  17. #337

    Default Re: Boondocks

    Quote Originally Posted by S7evin View Post
    Naw, they wouldn't take me. I look about as German as a Ford Mustang.
    It's not all about looks, it's about efficiency.

    And you got right to the point, that's a german if i ever saw one :p

    Quote Originally Posted by StrawHatRican View Post
    I do a MEAN Uncle Ruckus irl... :V then again I also do Gollum/Jar Jar Binks but that's mostly cuz I was all about being a voice actor when I was like 14... that dream has slowly faded away.
    Wish i had your talent man, i'd kill to be like Frank Caliendo.

  18. #338
    I like videogames TLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Malta

    Default Re: Boondocks

    Quote Originally Posted by StrawHatRican View Post
    You could just state what you are or post a real pic and we'll be the judge of that >=P
    Nah, I don't want my face to be known. Even just showing the color of my skin would be a hassle because I'd have to find my camera and stick the disk into my computer and all that tedious stuff.

    I'll just tell you this, if I had to compare skin color, I'd probably be on the level of Obama.

  19. #339

    Default Re: Boondocks

    Oh lewl... the Evil N word was tossed by... Robby O_O'

    Oh Jesus!

    My day... has been made.

  20. #340

    Default Re: Boondocks

    Just great now the man is trying to bring us down but back on topic Huey's 'Eh' is definitely Aaron McGruder opinion on Obama.

    @2:10

    [youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xhe04ikezjU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xhe04ikezjU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts